shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Cake

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
If you don''t mind me asking, about much are you paying per slice of wedding cake? I''m trying to determine what a reasonable cake budget would be. Thanks.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Ours is $3.15 per slice because we're doing a square cake. Round cakes were $2.95 per slice. There is also a $55 delivery and setup fee in addition. I've looked around the Richmond area and that is the cheapest I could find. They also had the most delicious cake interestingly! Some of the other cake places were charging up to $5 a slice.

All in all, our cake came to around $350 I believe.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Thank you. The place I''m looking at has a base rate of $2.75 per slice. I have found lower rates, but I was more impressed by the presentation of the one that charges $2.75. We''re in the midwest, so I think cakes, and everything else, cost a little less.

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
We are paying $2/slice. We are going through a lady who bakes out of her home, but does lots of weddings and I''ve tried her cake, and its very good! We also live in KS where prices tend to be pretty low.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Ours was $3.25, and that was with a discount! It was average, if not on the low end of pricing for the area though.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Our base rate is $7/slice
23.gif
for our reception site. We were told that having fondant instead of buttercream or adding liquor to the cake can make the price jump to almost $10-$15/slice! My mother looked into comparable bakeries in the area and while they are less expensive, all the cutting and service fees the reception site charges for outside vendors cause the prices to add up to the same as the cost at the venue. I think the cake will be amazing since the venue always gets rave reviews but the price is definitely very high!
32.gif

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
It varies so much by region. I actually used to make wedding cakes and mine started at $4 per person and went up from there.

OcMrsB

Rough_Rock
we had cheesecake and i dont remember the exact cost but it was little cheaper than going the traditional route i remember.

weddingcake614.jpg

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
My cake is included in the reception price because of a deal they have with a couple local wedding cake bakeries. But before we agreed on location, when I called the same bakery who is supplying our cake for a quote, she said $4/slice. With a guestlist 200+, we''re happy it''s included in our reception cost.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
A base ''allotment'' for our cake is included with our venue, but that was for a plain buttercream cake with no filling. I upgraded to two flavors, mousse filling, fondant decorations and an extra tier for $1.50/slice, which equals out to $250 for 130 people.

beltane

Shiny_Rock
We have ordered a small-ish 2 tier cake. It''s about 3.75 per slice. We are only having 75 guests, and there will be a dessert table, so we ordered a cake for 50. There are always people who don''t eat cake. Our cake is french vanilla with a lemon curd filling. We are having a buttercream frosting (I''m not fond of fondant for eating, but it LOOKS so spectacular!) Instead of flowers we are having them decorate with delicate sugar shamrocks because we are going to Ireland for our honeymoon.

I think my biggest shock was the $97 delivery charge!
emsmileo.gif
That amazed me. And then when I thought it about it, of course they need to charge that. They are bringing the cake right to the venue and stacking the tiers and doing the finishing touches. So I suppose $97 isn''t bad.

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Ours was 5 per slice with fondant in Chicago. We did look at other bakeries that were as low as 2.15 a slice I believe but we wanted to do flavors that were not super cookie cutter. We had vanilla cake brushed with rum filled with white chocolate and fresh mango and chocolate cake with a layer of cheescake in the middle with raspberry filling.

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
We were right about 2 dollars a slice, but this was also on the East Coast, as well as a small local bakery. So not sure if that helps, but it was about 250 dollars to feed 120 people. The 250 also included the top tier which we still have in our freezer waiting for our first anniversary :) YUM!

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
Our cake is about £300 for 140 people including set-up (maybe $450?) so about $3 per person. 3-tier chocolate cake, yum
18.gif
That was on the cheaper end of the quotes we got.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
$5.50-$7.50 per slice. Depends on the fanciness of the cake we choose.

Ms.Goggles

Shiny_Rock
Ours is around $7/slice in Chicago. That includes buttercream frosting covered in fondant, one flavor of wedding cake.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
My baker does it a little differently. She charges by layers. A 3 layer cake was about $300-$375 depending on decorations. The 4 layer cake was about $400-$475. We''ve got 150 people, so I guess that''s about $2-$3.20 per person.

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I always knew NYC was overpriced, but not by this much!!! I bought this cake for my sister''s baby shower and it was $12/slice...
32.gif
32.gif

BabyShowerCake.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results