shape
carat
color
clarity

wedding bands help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock
So my FI and I were talking and he''s very adament about having something about our wedding bands that ties them together (metal type does not count). His parents have matching bands and he says we dont need to go that far, but he wants some element that ties them together. I really had my heart set on a diamond eternity band, and his will most likely be a pretty plain platinum band.

Does anyone have any creative ideas of how to tie them together??

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Could you have them both engraved with your wedding date and initials?

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock
not a bad idea. I thought either some kind of engraving or a hidden stone might work. We''re most likely getting married in May (also happens to be the month we initially started dating) so maybe having a hidden emerald would be neat.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
LP- I don't think that you can engrave an eternity band.
33.gif

Why not put a small diamond in his band, something like this: (ETA: or hide it like you said above)

smalldiamondinmendband.jpg

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 12:02:27 PM
Author: meresal
LP- I don''t think that you can engrave an eternity band.
33.gif

Why not put a small diamond in his band, something like this: (ETA: or hide it like you said above)

I suppose it depends on the style of eternity band. For example, you could engrave a bezel or channel eternity band on the side.

Maybe I''m wrong though--I''ve never owned one.
39.gif
3.gif
9.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 12:02:27 PM
Author: meresal
LP- I don''t think that you can engrave an eternity band.
33.gif

I don''t think you can ''hide'' a stone in an eternity band, either. I think you would have to go with a half- or three-quarter- eternity for either of those ideas to work...but I like meresal''s idea of getting a diamond in your FI''s band of the same shape as the ones in your eternity band.

The other option is to get yourself a stacker ring...an engraved platinum band, or one with a hidden stone, or whatever you choose, that is the one you exchange in the ceremony, and add the eternity band later or at the same time.

audball

Ideal_Rock
What about the Steven Kretchmer Polarium ''kissing bands''? Link...

You could have sparkly, he could have plain, but they would magnetically ''kiss'' and you could have a ''secret message'' inside. I think these are pretty neat.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
You could get a 3/4 eternity and him a plain plat band and put suprise stones on the inside of both bands.

I wanted to have something that made our bands sort of matching, but it didn''t really work, but they do look fabulous together. I don''t have pics as I am still away at our DW, but mine is a 2mm channel set diamond band and his a two two band, the yellow on the outside and white gold on the inside. The inside of his band with the white metal complements my diamonds nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results