shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding band help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
I''m going to get him a sterling silver comfort fit to wear for a few days to decide if that''s what he wants. I have no idea what mm to order online. What does everyone''s husbands or the men here wear? He''s 6''3" and has an athletic build.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Well a really standard width is 5 to 6 mm. But my fi wants a 3-3.5 mm wide ring. He''s 6''ish and has slender size 9 fingers so a smaller band looks better on him. Has he tried anything on?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
My DH is 6'2 and has a slim athletic build. I believe his is a 7mm band, and I think his ring size is about a 7.5. I never thought of that as small, but maybe it is... it looks huge to me.

ETA: Oops! I guess it's actually an 8mm, but it's a knife edge. Pics.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH is 5''10 3/4" (he makes sure I never forget the 3/4 inch!), with a lean build, and wears a plain, 5mm flat band with a very slight curve to it. He wanted a ring that felt weightless and comfortable. He didn''t want to be able to feel the ring on while wearing it. I suggest that you and your FI go to a jewelry store and just let him try various styles on. Like many guys, he''ll probably "know" on the spot what his preferences are.

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
my husband wanted something very lightweight and simple so we went with titanium.
he''s about 6''1" with a slim, athletic build. his ring is 7mm wide and a size 7.5.
i think it looks perfect on him. he tried on 6mm and 8mm rings, but the 7mm was the right one for him.
it should be easy for him to narrow things down a little if he tries on some rings.

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
He''s 5 ft 8-9 inches.
Very slim, he weights about 125 lbs (much smaller than I am and I''m a size 6).
His ring size is 8 on his right and 8.5 on his left hand.

He choose a 8 mm flat topped band. Without a curve it wider than with a curve. He has big knuckles and thin fingers. He likes a wider band so that it fills the gap better and the ring doesn''t spin on his finger as much.

If only I had his thin, bony fingers...my ring size is larger than half of the guys who have been posted about!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGuy: 5''11'''', ring size 9.25, wears a 7mm flat tungsten band.

2050510-041b.jpg

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
My husband is 6''1", average build with size 7.5-8 hands. He wears a 5mm comfort fit band, with single milgrain. Truth be told, I''m not really in love with his ring, but that''s what he wanted so that''s what he got
2.gif

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 5:56:22 PM
Author: TravelingGal
TGuy: 5''11'', ring size 9.25, wears a 7mm flat tungsten band.
Sorry to threadjack, but ...

TGal ~
Where did you get that ring? FI thinks he wants a tungsten band, and I really like the detail of that one. I don''t think I''ve seen it before. TIA!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 8:22:37 PM
Author: turtledazzle

TGal ~
Where did you get that ring? FI thinks he wants a tungsten band, and I really like the detail of that one. I don''t think I''ve seen it before. TIA!
we found it on www.tungstenpride.com. We were very happy with them. They do quarter sizes and anything you see can be modified. We were playing with some designs (sizes and style of scallops, brushed vs polished centers, etc) but decided that we liked their stock ring. It was $399 at the time but I believe they have raise their prices just a tad. They were the only site I saw with that scallop design, but that may have changed by now.

He loves the ring...as is with tungsten carbide, not a scratch on it and it has gorgeous polish. I have heard not all Tungsten rings are created equal, but what the different levels are and if they are really worth the prices, I don''t know for sure.

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Wow, everyone''s DH is like almost 6'' and above! My BF is a mere 5''8 w/ an athletic build...sorry, can''t comment on his ring size, though. Just thought I''d comment on all the TALL guys out there!

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 8:45:33 PM

TGal ~
we found it on www.tungstenpride.com. We were very happy with them. They do quarter sizes and anything you see can be modified. We were playing with some designs (sizes and style of scallops, brushed vs polished centers, etc) but decided that we liked their stock ring. It was $399 at the time but I believe they have raise their prices just a tad. They were the only site I saw with that scallop design, but that may have changed by now.

He loves the ring...as is with tungsten carbide, not a scratch on it and it has gorgeous polish. I have heard not all Tungsten rings are created equal, but what the different levels are and if they are really worth the prices, I don''t know for sure.
Thanks so much! We''ll have to check it out.

Oh, and my FI is about 5''8", so he''s not approaching the 6'' mark. He does have fairly large hands, though, and his ring finger is a size 8 I think (must verify soon). I''ve gotten him to try on a few wedding bands so far ~ he seems to like the 6mm width.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock

TGal ~
LOL, I was thinking the same thing! That ring is very unique (at least from what I have seen!) I love it!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Well I guess my fiance is short and has fat fingers, lol! He is around 5''8" but wears around a size 10 - 10.5. He is pretty fit as he is in the military and has PT five times per week. His fingers sure don''t look fat to me, but after eading everyone elses post, I''m surprised at how much bigger his fingers are!!!

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
Yes, there are some tall guys here! Its funny because I'm 5'2" and very tiny, so he just looks massive next to me
1.gif

Thanks for all of your input, I think I'll try him out with an 7mm. He's been trying some one and liked it, and it looked nice on his size 11 finger

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
If it helps at all, FI has a size 11 finger and loves 7-8 mm bands. He wants something that feels substantial.

KristyDarling, your hubby and I are the exact same height. I usually say that I''m 5''10" though.... shhhh.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results