shape
carat
color
clarity

wearing ivory to a bridal shower?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i know it''s not appropriate to wear white to a wedding, but does that rule apply to a bridal shower. I have a great ivory dress that i''m considering, but don''t want to offend.

thoughts?

thanks!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have never heard of that being a problem. But then again I''ve never seen someone wear white to a shower either. If you''re set on wearing the dress, what about pairing it with a pashmina or other sort of wrap in a color?? That would take the focus off of the color (or lack of color) of your dress.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think you''d be commiting an etiquette faux pas by any means but the fact that you''re a bit concerned my throw off your confidence in this ivory number in the long run.

I''m very picky about this kind of stuff so I make up my own etiquette rules here but I definitley would wear a non-bridal-y color to bridal events. I can''t explain it logically, but it makes me feel odd to know that maybe the bride-to-be might also be wearing something that will stand out (in something white, ivory, etc) and if I show up in that color, maybe everyone will notice? lol.

Serioulsy, tho........I''m probably too senstive about it. If you love that ivory dress than by all means wear it!!!! Us brides do NOT have the market on white and ivory for any day but the wedding :) And then that''s even negotiable I presume.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
SH-Have you bee outside today? We actually have NICE weather in Boston/Providence today!!!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
not to totally hijack........but it is GORGEOUS out!!!! yippee for us!!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it''s a faux pas to wear ivory to a shower. I think I wore a black outfit to my own bridal shower!!! LOL.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
go for it!! As long as it''s not an ankle length ball gown, I say it''s totally appropriate.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/20/2007 2:39:08 PM
Author: kcoursolle
go for it!! As long as it's not an ankle length ball gown, I say it's totally appropriate.
Or a bikini
2.gif

Seriously, I couldn't imagine giving a hoot what a friend of mine wore to my bridal shower (if I'd had one), provided it wasn't completely tacky (hence the bikini comment)!

Go for it, Lulu! We all know you've got great taste in clothes, so I'm sure the dress is just lovely and totally appropriate!

ETA: HH and So Happy, I'm in Boston too and looooooovin' this weather! It's going to be near 80 on Monday -- whoo hoooo!!!
36.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
thanks guys. great advice!

and here in DC is gorgeous!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results