shape
carat
color
clarity

We set the date!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
As our first decision of the engagment, we set the date. It is only 2 weeks after the proposal and still we''d been asked 90000000 times. Soo....it will be June 27, 2009. Already we have one small snag, the local festival of the neighboring town is usually the last weekend in June. However, I''m using it as a benefit. While it is a large town for Iowa, its not a major city of the US, so I doubt people will be using all the hotels or all the wedding-related vendors. We aren''t planning on having any of the wedding/reception in that town. On the bonus side, it will give guests that aren''t directly involved in wedding hoopla something to do during the downtime. Plus, since we are planning on not serving alcohol, it will be an unofficial place for people to party, if they so wish. The only down-side might be if we wanted a live band, since a lot of them play at the festival. I sent a text to the FI at work once I realized the possible problem with the date we picked. He said, "If they want to go to (insert festival name here) instead of our wedding, that''s their loss." That made me feel a lot better.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on setting your date
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results