shape
carat
color
clarity

We picked a diamond!!! But need help with setting

jennredsox

Rough_Rock
I'M SO EXCITED!!!!

I've been searching for awhile---and seem to change my mind every other day, but finally decided on one
We're going through an importer/jeweler here in Sydney. We thought about purchasing online thru one of PS vendors--most likely JA, but then decided against it--only because we wanted to buy the diamond loose and then have it set locally. But I've heard some people have had problems sending stones only to Australia. Knowing me, I would have been a wreck worrying if it made it across ok.

So here are the specs

GIA RB.80 E SI2 (an amazing SI2--eyeclean no black inclusions)
Triple Ex; no culet Faint Flouro

I have small fingers-- I1/2-J in Aussie sizes----- 4/12-5 US so I decided I didn't need to go too big---I don't want it OTT. Plus, everything in Australia is more exxy than US, so didnt want to blow out the budget.

BUT, I have decided to halo it for the extra sparkle and finger presence. I've been looking on PS for some inspiration and trying to decide b/w micropave with miligrain edging, or shallow U cut.

I've fallen in love with risingsun's halo that she posted awhile ago :love:
And also frankiextah's is gorgeous as well!!! ----I love the profile---but will the wedder sit flush??

Any suggestions on what would look better with a smaller centre stone like mine??? I'm sitting with the designer to sketch out the final setting on Thursday.

I'm beyond excited!! I just hope the SO doesn't torture me and make me wait too long for it! Our anniversary is coming up next month, so hoping it will be soon! :appl:

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
That's so exciting!!! Post pics of the halo you are interested in. I'd love to see it! :appl:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Both settings you have chosen as inspiration are lovely!

I know precious little about this kind of thing, but I'm sure others will chime in. As far as what a smaller diamond will suit, I think almost anything!

I'm buying in the US from NZ and I'm beginning to know exactly what you mean about nerves, but the prices just can't be beaten. Its great that you've found someone local-ish to trust, I wish I'd been able to do the same! How nice to sit with your jeweler in person to discuss setting. :bigsmile:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's always insurance when shipping stones. JA will make sure you get your stone, and if any fluke happens, they will take care of you. Jim is amazing. He has rectified any problems PSers have had. Knowing how $$$ diamonds are in OZ, I totally say you take that risk-- which I don't even consider a risk bc it's rare there are problems! We have many PSers in OZ... And they've all ordered from PS vendors!

Who's going to set your diamond? Frankie's ring does not sit flush w/ a band. But look up phdecorate's ring. It is also the VC Emilya, but modified without a donut so it can sit flush with her RB.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
The Emilya won't sit flush but you can wear a spacer between the bands if you don't mind the gap. Here is a picture of my old set that show how I wore them. I actually like the donut as part of the overall design of the ring. It just looks off to me without it. However if you do want your rings to sit flush you will need to ask your designer to remove it and have hte struts attach to the top of the shank. i would recommend posting in RT as many there are well vs in the HW inspired halos and can give great advise with the design elements.

REMEMBER to tell your designer to tilt the halo. I have seen some bad replicas where the halo isn't tilted and it sort of looks like a flying saucer instead.

_6447.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results