shape
carat
color
clarity

We just reserved this Diamond from Whiteflash! Thoughts??

srqledmeup

Rough_Rock

Good evening all! My boyfriend just reserved this diamond on Whiteflash for a hopefully late summer/early fall engagement.

Any thoughts or concerns on this stone? Is there perhaps another stone we should be considering on their site instead?

It’s going to be set in a Stephanie Gottlieb inspired split-shank setting.

Thank you kindly!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond! Can't wait to see it set!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No worries with that stone! Nice thing about Super Ideals is that it takes a lot of guesswork out of it...AGS000, H&A

I follow Stephani Gottlieb on IG...she has some pretty stuff (and seems like such a nice person)!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I think it’s a fantastic stone and will make a beautiful ring. Please come back and show it off after hour engagement!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
It is gorgeous!! I just know you’ll love it!

srqledmeup

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much, everyone! I will keep you apprised of the process as it continues and will definitely share photos of the finished product!

I’ve been reading Pricescope on and off since high school and I’m now in my 30s, so I am soooo excited to be able finally to participate with y’all! I’ve loved diamonds forever as it is my birth stone, but I’ve never had much fine jewelry of my own (yet!).

My boyfriend chose the stone on his own (with some guidance from me) and it’s beyond my wildest dreams. Now the next dilemma is to choose between a rose gold or platinum/white gold setting. If you follow Stephanie Gottlieb on Instagram, you’ll see that many of her designs are very popular in rose gold.

Does anyone have any advice on that?? I have a warm tan complexion and don’t have any other jewelry that I wear regularly except for solitaire stud earrings set in white gold.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Zero concerns...it's an ACA, so it's one of the most vetted diamonds on the market right now for a super ideal.

@MamaBear gave a great suggestion: visit some shops and have them mock up some solitaires around the size that you are getting in various settings in the different metal colors to see which appeals the most to you.

Congratulations!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think white gold/platinum is more classic but I think it really comes down to how rose gold looks on your skin. Agree with
@MamaBear ...time to go try some rings on. Have fun!

Also, try to figure out if you would go all rose gold or rose gold with a platinum head? Are you looking at solid metal shank
or shank with pave?

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hands down, the stone is amazing and your boyfriend did a great job picking. And the proportions are rather dreamy as well.

C44A5A8F-A13D-4894-B444-B1C5AEBD84F0.jpeg

I bought my own wife an H-VS2. My only concern would be your color sensitivity. Generally speaking, women see color more easily than men. However, even though they may see it, some have a better tolerance for it than others. So determining if you are sensitive and/or tolerant is fairly important.

My wife is both. My point being the H-VS2 we purchased is very white. However, from select angles we can both see tint. True to generalisms, she sees it more easily than myself but I can also see it. Luckily she isn’t bothered by it. However, if I was to get a do over, I would likely have bought a higher color.

Obviously my experiences don’t transfer to your desires and preferences. I am just sharing as an example. I would strongly encourage you to determine this very personal and subjective preference for yourself and make sure H works for you. For many people it’s amazing and offers an amazing bang for the buck.

I did find an alternate of essentially the same size and maybe even more slightly dreamy proportions (IMO) with that small 54.6 table and 15.7 crown height. Plus a color bump to G and a very clean SI1 for the same money.

Either stone is a winner. Just depends on preferences.

58A34D56-9ABC-448A-839E-78F113E24B0F.jpeg

srqledmeup

Rough_Rock
Hands down, the stone is amazing and your boyfriend did a great job picking. And the proportions are rather dreamy as well.

C44A5A8F-A13D-4894-B444-B1C5AEBD84F0.jpeg

I bought my own wife an H-VS2. My only concern would be your color sensitivity. Generally speaking, women see color more easily than men. However, even though they may see it, some have a better tolerance for it than others. So determining if you are sensitive and/or tolerant is fairly important.

My wife is both. My point being the H-VS2 we purchased is very white. However, from select angles we can both see tint. True to generalisms, she sees it more easily than myself but I can also see it. Luckily she isn’t bothered by it. However, if I was to get a do over, I would likely have bought a higher color.

Obviously my experiences don’t transfer to your desires and preferences. I am just sharing as an example. I would strongly encourage you to determine this very personal and subjective preference for yourself and make sure H works for you. For many people it’s amazing and offers an amazing bang for the buck.

I did find an alternate of essentially the same size and maybe even more slightly dreamy proportions (IMO) with that small 54.6 table and 15.7 crown height. Plus a color bump to G and a very clean SI1 for the same money.

Thank you SOOOO much! We’ve reserved both for visual inspection tomorrow!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you SOOOO much! We’ve reserved both for visual inspection tomorrow!

You’re very welcome.

And how exciting that you get to visit in person to examine! Their offices are located in an awesome little town square area. Wishing you nothing but success on your journey!

srqledmeup

Rough_Rock
You’re very welcome.

And how exciting that you get to visit in person to examine! Their offices are located in an awesome little town square area. Wishing you nothing but success on your journey!

Oh, I wish! I meant someone will be able to inspect the stones side-by-side in-person tomorrow for us.

I must say that my boyfriend and I were very pleasantly surprised that Debbie answered the phone when we called with questions on a Sunday morning. Her email signature indicated that she’s the CEO! What great service and a cool surprise!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I wish! I meant someone will be able to inspect the stones side-by-side in-person tomorrow for us.

I must say that my boyfriend and I were very pleasantly surprised that Debbie answered the phone when we called with questions on a Sunday morning. Her email signature indicated that she’s the CEO! What great service and a cool surprise!
Debbie is a very nice lady. Be sure to ask for the 30% off CEO discount! :bigsmile:

srqledmeup

Rough_Rock
Based on my limited knowledge, the G SI1 diamond appears to be fairly clean looking in the images. Is it possible that the inclusion on the edge at 9 o’clock could be covered by a cleverly placed prong?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Based on my limited knowledge, the G SI1 diamond appears to be fairly clean looking in the images. Is it possible that the inclusion on the edge at 9 o’clock could be covered by a cleverly placed prong?

Absolutely it should be able to be covered by a prong.

Even if not fully hidden by a prong, the intense light performance of an ACA will obscure it so much that it probably will never be noticed.

srqledmeup

Rough_Rock
I just heard back from Whiteflash. My boyfriend and I cannot tell a difference between these two stones, so I’m deferring to the experts (if there even is a meaningful difference here)

“Color is graded from the side so at this angle I can see the very subtle change that I’d expect with one color grade. I’d say both look very evenly graded in my opinion. From the top view the difference would be harder to appreciate. I also had our team do a side by side video for you as well that you can view here:

The H has a darker colored inclusion in the crown facets but is eye clean at 6 inches from the top of the diamond. The G has a lighter colored inclusion in the crown that our team was able to pick up at 6 inches without magnification.

Ultimately if you had these side by side you’d likely think they were twins in pretty much all ways. Both have nice small tables so you’re getting great fire in each, so at the end of the day there is no bad choice to be made.“

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Given that info, I would lean towards the G color, since I can see the slightest twinge of yellow in the H color.
That's merely what my eyes see in the comparison video, though.
WF's return policy and amazing upgrade program are there to use, if needed.

srqledmeup

Rough_Rock
Given that info, I would lean towards the G color, since I can see the slightest twinge of yellow in the H color.
That's merely what my eyes see in the comparison video, though.
WF's return policy and amazing upgrade program are there to use, if needed.

Thank you so much for helping us! Your assessment seems spot-on after looking at these side-by-side photos (from the side though, I would imagine not a common view for an engagement ring).

255E5432-9370-485E-974A-BA0710239E06.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with @DejaWiz that I can see a very slight tint in the H color stone but certainly not enough to disqualify it if you love it. How do you feel about the clarity descriptions?

WindyCitySparkle

Shiny_Rock
Mmmm, these would make a perfectly matched earring pair, haha! They look almost identical to me. I like the H's professional website video just a touch more - the center of it looks crystal clear. But in this video, I might lean towards the G based on color.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for helping us! Your assessment seems spot-on after looking at these side-by-side photos (from the side though, I would imagine not a common view for an engagement ring).

No, certainly not a common way to look at an engagement ring - never heard anyone demand "show me the side view...NOW!" LOL.

They are so close in color, that I don't feel that the miniscule tint of the H color would impact it at all, given the astronomical amount of light return and performance of diamonds belonging to this caliber of cut quality and proportions will exhibit in all lighting conditions.

Yes, I know that doesn't help with making an actual decision, so you're on your own from there! :lol:

Last edited:

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock

I could see a slight difference in color. Please, keep in mind, the stones are going to be much smaller in real life so the difference in color will be miniscule. Plus, you will be viewing the stone from the top, which would make it even harder to tell the difference. In this case, I would go with the stone which inclusions I cannot see easily.

srqledmeup

Rough_Rock

We’re moving forward with this G stone. Thank you so much to everyone for the recommendations, suggestions, and advice, especially Sledge for finding and suggesting this diamond!

I am over the moon!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
That's great news - congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results