shape
carat
color
clarity

We just booked our honeymoon!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Italian

Rough_Rock
My fiance and I just booked out honeymoon to St. Lucia!
36.gif
We are staying at the Sandals Regency for 11 nights. We are so excited! Has anyone every been?

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Fun! I stayed at the Sandals Grande 2 years ago. It was very relaxing and fun.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
i''ve never been but it sounds like fun!!! 11 days, wow! congrats!

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
My friend is heading there for her honeymoon in three weeks; needless to say, she and her FI are VERY excited!

You''ll have a great time!
36.gif

blueberrydot

Shiny_Rock
I went to St. Lucia with my SO in August 2008 and it was SO beautiful and SO much fun! We stayed at The Landings, which was awesome.

If you and your future hubby are outdoorsy types (and I''m guessing you are, since you picked St. Lucia!) I would recommend this

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147342-d642854-Reviews-Atlantic_Shores_Riding_Stables-St_Lucia.html

It''s a horseback ride along the shores of St. Lucia and it sounds absolutely wonderful! I had actually made a reservation for a ride about a month before our trip, but somehow they had lost our reservation and when we arrived they didn''t have any horses available for us
39.gif
. It was devastating, but I am determined to go back there again someday so I can do the ride!
1.gif

I also HIGHLY recommend Buzz restaurant in Rodney Bay (I think). I had the BEST steak bearnaise of my life there. My boyfriend and I are steak nuts and we''ve been to many very nice steakhouses in LA where we live, but the steak from Buzz really ranks right up there with our top 3 steaks ever, and it was pretty inexpensive!

Let''s see, what else...if you can, I also recommend island hopping and spending a day or two on a different island. Barbados is just a one hour plane ride away from St. Lucia and is wonderful because of the history, old plantations, churches that are centuries old - just amazing. I just did some research and have found out that there is now a ferry operating between St. Lucia and Barbados, so it will probably be significantly cheaper than a plane ride. I wish I''d had the option of a ferry when I was there! Here''s the link BEDY Ocean Liners. I think it would definitely be worth it because the Caribbean islands are SO very different from each other that it''s unbelievable. For example, St. Lucia is an extremely hilly, green island with lots of rain forest acreage, whereas Barbados is basically a completely flat island without any rain forest (I think) and is much more "developed" than St. Lucia is.

Sorry about my babbling on, I''m just so excited for you! St. Lucia is just gorgeous and I''m sure you''ll love it!
36.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Sounds fabulous!!
36.gif

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
We just booked ours there last month too! When are you going? We just heard really good things about the resort this weekend from someone who went!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
fun! we went to st. lucia for our honeymoon 3 yrs ago! it''s lovely!

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
yay! Sounds awesome!

Italian

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for all of your replies!

Blueberrydot - Thank you for the recommendations! We will have to give the restaurant a try. I wish I would have realized that Barbados was so close before we booked out flights. It would have been great to do some island hopping!

Nov2109 - we arent going until July 4, 2010. Too far away!
emsad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results