shape
carat
color
clarity

We have a place too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Finally, after much searching and agonizing and discussing, we ended up going with my original choice!

It''s a "mansion" (really just a very large house) built in 1810 that now functions as a museum, located in my grandmother''s hometown. It''s got a load of antique furniture that they let you actually use for pictures. And a 4 story spiral staircase! The ceremony will be in the gardens, and the reception will be in the carriage house which has gold brick and cherry floors, huge fireplace and big double doors. Guests can tour the house during the cocktail hour and they provide hostesses to tell the guests about the house''s history. We thought it was so cool that not only is it beautiful, but also incorporates the history of the town! We''ll get married in front of an 18th century gazebo surrounded by landscaped gardens.

Plus they seemed right on top of all the logistics - ample off-street parking, handicapped access, a tented patio for cocktails, ceremony back-up site, adequate bathroom facilities, tables and chairs included, etc that makes for a slightly less painful process.

Anyway, our date is September 20, 2008. We were trying to come up with a sort of significance to the date and couldn''t think of anything. But today I realized that our wedding and our future anniversaries will be always the "Last Day of Summer" so that''s my theme-of-the-moment
1.gif

I''ll try to attach some pictures.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Carriage house

weddingpiclalalala.jpg

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Spiral staircase

lalastaircaselalal.jpg

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Mansion

lalamansionlala.jpg

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Gazebo and gardens

lalagazebolala.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi basil,

Gorgeous! I feel like I''ve actually seen the last picture you posted. Do you mind mentioning the location? It looks really familiar but I''m not sure why.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Isn''t it a great feeling to choose the site?...like you, I ended up with my original choice! haha...
9.gif

It looks great!. I love all your ideas!!!

M~

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I feel I''ve seen that gorgeous venue, too! Are you by any chance in the Northeast? If you are, I have a feeling I know which mansion it is :) Either way....CONGRATS!!! It''s very beautiful!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Haha! Thanks, guys! I''m so super psyched tonight. Now I feel like I can take my time and pick a caterer, actually order my dress, start looking for cheap decorations...

Zoebartlett - It is located in Bristol, RI. I think I may have posted that picture before (the one with the gazebo), though, when I was thinking of this venue the first time, so maybe that''s where you saw it?

So_Happy - I think you mentioned before that you''re a RI bride as well, so you''ve probably come across it too!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2007 8:05:51 PM
Author: basil
Haha! Thanks, guys! I''m so super psyched tonight. Now I feel like I can take my time and pick a caterer, actually order my dress, start looking for cheap decorations...

Zoebartlett - It is located in Bristol, RI. I think I may have posted that picture before (the one with the gazebo), though, when I was thinking of this venue the first time, so maybe that''s where you saw it?

So_Happy - I think you mentioned before that you''re a RI bride as well, so you''ve probably come across it too!
That has to be where I saw it. I''m from the Northeast too, but not RI, so it''s not something I would have been to. Thanks for letting me know. I''d be up all night wondering if I''d been there.
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
love love LOVE the staircase picture! Great idea!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I knew I recognized it!! It was the second place I absolutely drooled over!!! Alas, we couldn''t afford it but things ended up even better I think in the end with what we did book :)

I am so thrilled for you that you have that spot!!!!!!!!!!11

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely!
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful place - I love the staircase picture too!

We have definitely seen that last picture before here on PS. I think it was when someone was deciding whether to have a ceremony with the garden view or the water view. That was the garden view picture, if I recall correctly. (Or I'm starting to get brides mixed up!) But I definitely remember seeing that picture before!

kimberlina13

Shiny_Rock
That''s a beautiful location! I would KILL to have that staircase picture!

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
It''s beautiful!!! Congrats!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results