shape
carat
color
clarity

We finally have a ceremony /reception site!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I am so excited!! We just put the deposite down yesterday! It is actually feeling real now and on May 25,2008 I am getting married! As long as it doesn''t rain we will be getting married in a walled rose garden with a lily pond in the center and our reception will be in a covered verandah. Plus the location is less than 10 munites from my house, so that should cut down on the stress factor. I guess I am really excited because I really feel like a bride now. It is tough for us long engagement girls but now it is all comming together. Here are some pics!

The manor house
AlwyngtonManor_primary.jpg

alwyngton.jpg

052304-05.jpg

Huge%20pots%20of%20begonias%20adorn%20the%20verandahs.jpg

The%20front%20verandah%20is%20a%20favorite%20for%20seating.jpg

072305-07.jpg

The%20Rose%20Garden%20ceremony%20site%20with%20its%20101%20rose%20bushes.jpg

collage_master_mix3.jpg

Wow, that is probably too many pictures isn''t it
15.gif
? I need to settle down
26.gif
!!

beautiful site!!!
30.gif
Congratulations!! The hardest part is over with...

YAY! It looks BEAUTIFUL!! Congratulations on finding a site! I agree, it''s the hardest part of the whole process!

Date: 2/7/2007 10:24:34 AM
Author: AChiOAlumna
beautiful site!!!
30.gif
Congratulations!! The hardest part is over with...
I sure hope so! It was a really tough decision but I am so happy now. Thank you. It just cannot rain!

P.S. My mom is an AChiO and I am a ChiO!

Thanks to you too Indie! Although I will admit I am kinda jealous of you beach wedding girls
2.gif

It''s beautiful! Everything feels a bit more real now, doesn''t it?
1.gif

jen

It does feel more real now. It was so hard whenever we told anyone we were engaged but didn''t even have a date or location to tell when they asked, which they always do. Now I finally have some answers!

Congrats! It looks just perfect!!

Date: 2/7/2007 12:02:05 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Congrats! It looks just perfect!!
Thanks FG! Am I totally wrong or is that Addison from GA in your avatar?

Beautiful site!! I love its old world charm! Doesn''t it feel great to get that out of the way?? Enjoy- the planning is sooo fun!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Thanks Dani! That''s part of the reason I chose it. The location is very southern and, although I don''t consider myself a southern girl (I am a Cali girl at heart!), when in Rome... I really like the laid back feel though. The rose garden is my favorite part too. I am just so excited! Thanks for the comments everyone!

I love it!!!!!!
30.gif
Cali girl or no, you have to love all that southern charm!

looks beautiful! I remember how excited we were when we booked our venue and had our date all laid out! Congrats!

Hey hon CONGRATS!!

Looks lovely! Where is that? What''s it called?

Thanks so much you guys! I really do love the southern charm and I think I am going to really embrace it and have a southern garden type wedding. I think it will turn out great, especially since we will have guests coming from all over the country.

Gypsy- It is called Alwyngton Manor in Warrenton, VA which is where I live. It is probably too far outside of D.C. from what you wanted before. About 45min SW of the city. I know things have been changing with you lately. Are you still thinking about having the wedding out here? I really hope the planning goes smoothly for you. You deserve it!

Indecisive, congratulations!!! That is wonderful and the site looks so pretty! I''m happy for you. I think finding the site is the biggest/most stressful part of the planning (or at least it''s been that way for me). I haven''t booked yet but felt so much relief when I found my place.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP