shape
carat
color
clarity

We closed on our house!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Cosed on friday.. All went well..and we''ve been painting ALL weekend.

Here are the pics of our house from our first showing of it and some are from the real estate listing..

Here

The ugly red/pink/magenta dining room is now this color

eb_bungliv.jpg

and I can''t find an easily accessible pic of the kitchen stupid flash player.. so I''ll have to attach it. but.. keep in mind that we did NOT paint all the cabinets that color.. like in the picture..

Once we got in there and started working.. it became obvious that previous owners had done a lot of DIY work and it didn''t appear to be done particularly well (for instance it looks like the kitchen cabinets may not have been professionally installed, or if they were.. they were just done poorly..).. and apparently they could not paint without getting paint on EVERYTHING. Some of the woodwork is going to take a LOT of work to get the paint off of.. Nothing we can''t live with.. but oy..
We have two rooms painted (Although technically the kitchen needs a second coat).. and only.. hmm.. 4 more rooms and a stairway to do!

kitchen color.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
It looks great... it has sooo much potential.!! Have fun making it your own!! CONgratulations!!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
MelissaSue, you must be on cloud 9 after finding the cottage, falling in love with it, then thinking you''d lost it (to another interested party), then finally managing to buy it. It looks absolutely adorable and I''ve no doubt it''s going to look wonderful once you have finished all the DIY. I do hope you come back with ''after'' pictures for us to see. I think it''s the cutest little home. CONGRATULATIONS!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Mini - We are THRILLED!!! Buying the house was a crazy experience.. but after our offer was accepted everything went fairly smoothly from there.. A few bumps a long the way.. closing was delayed about two weeks after the original date we were given.. but it actually worked out better for us because we ended up closing at the end of the month, therfore having to pay less interest in the closing costs. Our real estate agent was honestly.. HORRIBLE.. and the mortgage company wasn''t much better.. we never knew what was going on.. EVER.. But it all worked out in the end!!

And of course I will post before and afters!! I didn''t have my camera over there today.. and honestly.. its not quite ready to be photographed (its a MESS!!).. but hopefully sometime this week!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats MelissaSue. What an exciting time this must be for you guys!!! I love your house, it reminds me of our first house, many similarities. I look forward to your pics.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Melissa!!

It's so funny, at first I was like WOW that's Melissa's house and they just moved in? She must be Wonder Woman, look how it's already all setup and painted!!

But then I clicked on the links and was like OH okay...DER! Your color scheme sounds fabulous, it's so fun to have your own space to play and experiment in and make your own. Have fun!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! This is wonderful!
36.gif
9.gif

koko

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, what a "homey" home! You have your work cut out for you, but the results will really be worth it......I hope you live "happily ever after" in your new home for many years to come!
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!!

that''s wonderful news.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! There are few things that feel so wonderful as closing on your first home!

Many happy years there.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
oh how exciting!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Yeah! Congrats on your new home. We actually just used that same color combo in our dining room (complete with the off white ceiling and bright white crown/molding) and it looks great.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Hope to be joining you soon. Moving to Sacramento where for the same price as a 1 bedroom condo where I am now (Los Angeles), I can get a brand new 2 story house.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Melissa! And happy painting!
2.gif
Looks like the house has a lot of potential. Hopefully you will be more proactive than I was when I first bought my house. Took me years to finally get rid of the ugly wallpaper! Seriously though, enjoy your new home. The best part is making it really yours.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, you must be so excited! What a fun house to be creative with as husband and wife! Congratulations--you have so much to look forward to. I really love the knotty pine paneling in the lower part of the house---we have the same thing in our basement and really love it, it''s so cozy! Have fun, and try not to do everything right away. Those home improvement projects can make for many a bonding experience between you and your F.hubby!
36.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all! I''m thrilled with how nice everything we''ve done so far has turned out.. but I feel a bit overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done.. We de-papered the bathroom last night.. and there was wallpaper over wallpaper (2 layers) and then underneath that, there were HOLES in the plaster walls that had just been papered over! So that is going to be a project getting those walls ready to paint. There is still quite a bit of glue/scraps of paper stuck on the walls... and there are some moldy spots under the paper too.. *sigh* .. we will get it all done..
The next project is the living room.. and ripping up the dining room carpet.. I don''t exactly know why, but FMIL wanted to help and for some reason she was anxious to rip down the bathroom wallpaper.. so we had her do that for us.. even though we probably won''t get to the bathroom for a few more weeks. I wish that websites had easily copyable paint swatches I could post here..
We went back last night, and the dining room looks like it might need a third coat of paints.. at least in spots.. and for some reason FMIL decided to spackle in some dents in the walls.. over what we had painted.. I''m a little confused as to why she didn''t do that before we painted.. But in any case.. its not ready for its photo shoot yet.. :)

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Melissasue--congrats on your new house. It looks like it has great bones. Isn''t it amazing the colors people will choose? When I was looking for a house 4 years ago I went through one where every surface was pink...the carpet, the walls, the woodwork, the bathroom fixtures...even the kitchen sink. It was the most bizarre house I''d ever seen...and I like pink...just not that much of it. The house I did buy had a living room that was "electric pea green." It was almost neon green but had a bit more yellow in it..it literally glowed!

Have fun making it your own and post some AFTER pics when you''re ready!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results