shape
carat
color
clarity

We are eloping - update + dress pic

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChampagneCharlie

Rough_Rock
Hi guys
Wanted to update you on the thread I started back in July. Only 43 days until we get married in Central Park on New Years Eve.
30.gif

I wasn''t going to wear a wedding dress but I found one I liked last weekend - here is a picture - although it is ivory, not white.
The material should travel well according to the shop.
http://www.chanticleerbrides.co.uk/item.asp?item=31&catid=1&collid=13

It is ex-sample so I paid a lot less for it than I would have done, plus I didn''t really leave enough time to order a new one. I am just going to have a tiara, no veil.
I am now on the hunt for a suitable coat/jacket to keep me warm. A shrug/bolero won''t cut it as I won''t be warm enough (many thanks to the new yorkers with their weather tips !) - but any suggestions?

Also do you think that I will feel silly wearing my dress into the evening - we will be having dinner in our hotel and I think they have a band playing too.

Revered is booked and photographer booked too, plus hair and make-up. It is tricky doing it from overseas as I haven''t been able to meet anyone/have trials but I am staying quite relaxed about it as the most important thing is the purpose of the day. I am assuming I can sort flowers out once I am in NYC in a local florist? All the bridal ones are quoting me stupid amounts, and it is just me!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Thank you
26.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh...I LOVE your dress! I can''t help at all with the NY questions (in WA state), but I think you should wear that gorgeous dress for as long as you like!!!

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
Wear your dress! I eloped and I wore it
9.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress! I say wear it as long as possible! It''s your wedding day, enjoy it!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Heavens, yes!!! Wear that lovely dress all day and night!!!

As for a coat, do you think looking for a long cape might be more suitable?

I''m sure you can do flowers once you get there...there are florists all over NYC and I''m sure at least one of them will put together a lovely bouquet for you at a reasonable price!

ChampagneCharlie

Rough_Rock
ooo did you? can you share your eloping story or point me in the right direction of a thread with it on? I think eloping is so romantic!

VC10um - a cape is a great idea, I shall look into that. Might post some options for feedback too if that is ok. Thanks for reassurance on flowers too, one less thing to worry about
2.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I love the dress. I think the simple accessories would go well with it.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results