shape
carat
color
clarity

Wax mold to take home

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

adhesive

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone know about how long it typically takes from the time the wax mold is approved on a custom design to the time the ring is 100% finished and ready to pick up and take home?

Just curious...
12.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Well, in my very limited experience, I don't think you actually get to take the wax mold home. A mold was made for my setting and we met with the jeweller to approve the mold, but then they kept it to make the actual ring (?...just a guess). I don't know...I guess I never asked if I could take it home but he never offered either.
33.gif

ETA: Oops...I totally misread your question and didn't even give a literate answer. Ok, every jeweller is different but there have been answers on PS ranging anywhere from 1-8 weeks (this would include setting the stone too)?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sammyj is about right in the range. Anywhere from 1-8 weeks. Often, if it''s from a busy jeweler, it will be closer to the 8 (as I''m finding out) especially if there are tweaks. It really depends on how detailed the design is. Mine is a somewhat simple solitaire, and when we went to look at the mold this week, and because it''s not a regular solitaire and has some special details, it''s having to be made in 2 parts and then combined once it''s made of metal. This has already taken 5 weeks, and it''s from a busy jeweler. Imagine if it were covered in pave and with all kinds of teeny details! So there are a lot of things to take into consideration.
1.gif

freudianflip

Rough_Rock
we approved the wax mold about a week ago and they told us it would be less than 4 weeks until the final version was finished (the longest 4 weeks of my life
19.gif
. This includes setting the stone. mine is a pretty simple design though.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Mine took around 4-6 weeks if memory serves. But, we also had my band made at the same time, which took a bit of longer.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Mine was 2-2.5 weeks? That included a change in pave size also.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I agree with the above, but keep in mind it also depends on how intricate the design is and how many stones have to be set, and if it is going to be engraved. All that together takes about 3-6 weeks, more if it is a very detailed piece with hand engraving.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results