shape
carat
color
clarity

Waterproof Mascara + Eyeliner for Wedding Day

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I am doing my own make-up (with the help of my sister/maid of honor) and am looking for LONG LASTING, waterproof mascara and eyeliner. I absolutely love doing my own makeup, but find it wears off by the end of the day/night... I obviously don''t want it looking good for only half the wedding . . . I also am nervous about crying and running my makeup! Any suggestions for brands??
Thanks!!!!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
i love makeup for ever, their liquid liner is fantastic. i would definitely suggest you check them out!!

Ooh... I never heard of it, but I just found the liner at sephora.com... I am probably going to pick it up in person and shop around for a few things to try...
Thanks karasue91 !!

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto to Makeup Forever....great waterproof liner!

And I''d suggest DiorShow Waterproof mascara - I wear it all the time and it gives GREAT fullness to your lashes!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
ooooh cleopatra i just bought diorshow regular mascara on the recommendation of FSIL. i LOVE it.

Sunshine, you might try posting over on the Shopping board too, there is lots of makeup discussion and the pro''s over there might be able to help more than us brides!!

peridot83

Shiny_Rock
Urban Decay eye primer really helps eyeshadow and liner stay in place. They carry it at sephora.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Imju Fiberwig. It''s a life changing mascara, I kid you not. My friend just turned me on to this a few weeks ago. It doesn''t clump, makes your lashes look amazing, doesn''t smudge or flake off, is waterproof- yet somehow you can wash if off with just warm water. I won''t use another mascara again. You can get it at Sephora if you''re interested.

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
I love Cover Girl''s "Lash Exact" mascara. I really love their washable version, but their waterproof version is also quite good (good staying power). I have no problems with clumping, smudging, or budging of any kind... love it! I do one coat of "black-brown" and let that dry. Then I do multiple coats of "very black" on top of that, focusing on the outer lashes (I love defined eyelashes... so feminine and sexy). I actually did this for my wedding.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I used the same combo for the wedding day as I do every day: Cover Girl Professional Waterproof Mascara in Brown/Black and Revlon ColorStay eyeliner pencil in a dark green/brown. The green/brown liner made my blue eyes stand out in photos; and the waterproof formulas really work.

spike13

Shiny_Rock
For eyeliner - Mac fluidline - it''s indestructible. Buy it at Nordstorm''s, if you do a test and don''t like it you can return no questions asked.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely MAC for e/l, both the fluidlines and the liquid. No recs for mascara.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I bought MAC liquid liner two weeks ago and HATE it. I''ve been using Dior for the last year and found it very easy to apply and good staying power.

The MAC one is all gloopy in the bottle and seems to chip off after a couple of hours.

DIAMOND*QUEST

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/6/2008 11:03:14 AM
Author: sap483
Imju Fiberwig. It''s a life changing mascara, I kid you not. My friend just turned me on to this a few weeks ago. It doesn''t clump, makes your lashes look amazing, doesn''t smudge or flake off, is waterproof- yet somehow you can wash if off with just warm water. I won''t use another mascara again. You can get it at Sephora if you''re interested.
I agree it is life changing. I love Imju! I apply about 3 coats drying well inbetween. Using the wand you can dramatically lengthen by laying the fibers at the tips of your natural lash and instantly it looks like you''re wearing false lashes without the discomfort. And, never a racoon eye. I still suggest an eyemake up remover because if you don''t get it all off with soap and water, you will have little clumps of fiber under your eyes.
31.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mascara--Maybelline Great Lash waterproof. It works, I''ve used it for years, but it''s actually hard to remove even with the best of eye makeup removers!

Eyeliner--anything will work, but use a primer and set with powder shadow underneath/over lashes to set it.

I did my own makeup for my wedding and it held up from 5 a.m. until well past midnight with minimal touchups, I swear.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results