shape
carat
color
clarity

Water Spot and Soap Scum Remover

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jo

Shiny_Rock
We finished remodeling a bathroom 9 months ago using white subway tile. Is there a way to remove the water spots that are building up? We tried Tilex for Soap Scum with no luck this evening.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I know that drying tiles with a microfiber cleaning cloth gets rid of waterspots for me on the border around my bathtub. Never really get soapscum there, though, so I don''t have any advice for that one. HTH!
9.gif

laine

Brilliant_Rock
The spots I get in my bathroom are from hard water. A product like CLR seems to work pretty well. Vinegar is supposed to do the same thing, if you''d rather minimize chemicals.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser does the trick on mine...you just have to watch out to not scrub the grout too hard...

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I get terrible soap scum in my bathroom, and I find that Kaboom! works the best (it''s purple and the guy who does the OxyClean infomercials also advertises for Kaboom). I use the original formula, spray it on the floor on my tub, use a little scrubby brush to loosen, and then wipe with paper towels. I know the paper towels are bad for the environment, but when I use a sponge or towel, I can''t FEEL if I''m getting the soap scum off.

I use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on the textured part of the tub - but that takes FOREVER.

Kaboom does have some chemicals in it, so make sure you are not using any bleach products at the same time. I generally wait until the next day.

Good luck!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lime Away spray works for me.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use Simple Green. I love how effective it is on water stains, even on rust colored stains in the tub around the grout, BUT you have to have great ventilation going on because the stuff is really strong smelling (and probably not good for you to inhale much). I would use a vinegar/water solution but I hate the smell of vinegar, lol. I do use it to clean my microwave, though, it works like a charm in there and doesn''t seem to smell as much.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you apply sealant to the tile after having them installed? If not maybe it''s not too late to do it now (make sure your tile is super clean though)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results