shape
carat
color
clarity

Watching diamond day on shopnbc

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This hour is colored diamonds. 1cttw domed pave fancy band in SS for $276.12 on 6 value pays. Noticing everything is set in SS these days because of the price of gold. I am allergic to silver or I might try for fun. Anyone here admit to a "fun" buy from here and what was it like? They sure look pretty for the price!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! Next hour is kallati diamonds with direct from the mine prices and selected by hand. The highest quality diamonds available on 6 value pay. 14k wg 1.00cttw three stone look ring for $988.86. Cut, made, polished and made direct from the kallati mine. Oh please someone buy one and let us know! ( I am allergic to wg too)

More facets because the more you cut a diamond the more it shines! The highest quality but no specks.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Most important thing to ask when buying a diamond is how many facets it has! A full cut should have 58 facets. A single cut only has 15. Ask for the 58 because that's how you know you have the real thing!"

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
:lol: If I want a good laugh I watch ShopNBC. Because they are insane. I don't think I've bought anything from there, with the exception of an invicta watch that was on clearance. I also am not a fan of HSN so much but LOVE QVC. But diamonds are not what I'd be buying on those sites/channels.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll admit to watching all the shopping channels we get. For me, it's like a talking catalogue. Very entertaining, but I don't buy. Last night, JTV had a very pretty kyanite three stone ring. On my tv, the color blue was beautiful. But, a kyanite ring? Not smart. At a 5 on the Mohs scale, I'd ruin that baby in no time.

AprilBaby|1314458114|3001528 said:
"Most important thing to ask when buying a diamond is how many facets it has! A full cut should have 58 facets. A single cut only has 15. Ask for the 58 because that's how you know you have the real thing!"

:lol:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I watch from time to time and very rarely do they let you know the clarity of the diamonds. You have to go online to their website to get that info. If they do not say on air, you need to assume that the diamonds are I2 to I3 in clarity.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every now and then I am tempted, but the clarity stops me every time. I do like to watch the GemShopping network though, sometimes
they have some jaw dropping pieces. I have never purchased from them either.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I checked the website of the "best quality diamonds you can get" and they are all H-I, I1, I2. The Kallati designs I admit are very pretty, but that is the best you can do???

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
I used to work with a lady who bought obsessively from GemsTV (must be the british version of what you guys are talking about and sooo bad). She would spend hours on it buying things and then wear them all at once, at boring meetings my friend and I would secretly count how many pieces of jewellery she was wearing and our record count was 17.

She was so in love with GemsTV that when I got engaged she sauntered over to tell me that I had a pretty little ring (it had really tiny diamonds but I was very happy with it) but that she bet I would have preferred one like this - and dangled her 1ct 'diamond' pendant at me - at the risk of sounding like a complete bitch, I have seen better quality diamonds on Disney Princess jewellery. You always get what you pay for.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Lottie UK|1314468698|3001747 said:
when I got engaged she sauntered over to tell me that I had a pretty little ring (it had really tiny diamonds but I was very happy with it) but that she bet I would have preferred one like this - and dangled her 1ct 'diamond' pendant at me

Wow, it is amazing how rude people can be.

Now I'm tempted to go watch some QVC, but I'm afraid that I'll start buying things. That would drive my husband insane!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi All,

I watched last night but was not tempted by anything. QVC had some very nice ascher cut rings in sterling silver a few yrs ago for $69.00. I don't think they have them anymore. JTV has some decent stones in amythest, citine, yellow beryl(irradiated) if you don't feel its below your status. Diamonds are not their best quality product. However if you have never had a diamond ring and buy a one carat multiple stone ring for $300.00, you might be happy. I was and still love a ring I purchased there. I took it to Helsberg to have it sized and the S/A told me it would sell in their store for $2,000.00. There was no reason to tell me that.
I would not buy high end, their high end. Cheaper stones are OK.

Thanks,
Annette

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
AprilBaby|1314458114|3001528 said:

:rolleyes: I feel really sorry for people who believe anything they hear on TV...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results