shape
carat
color
clarity

Watch Shopping at Tourneau... any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi, All....I WISH I''d thought to post this sooner!

Later this afternoon (PDT) I''m going to Tourneau in SF with my son to buy a watch for his Xmas/Birthday present.

He''s looking for something that he can wear surfing, (he''s also a pilot). He does NOT want a Rolex..

So far I think he''s interested in one by IWC...unfortunately I don''t know the model...any suggestion of other watches he should look at? Budget: $4-5000 max.

Also...what about Tourneau? Can you bargain there? And of course that age-old question: Should we "look" there and then "buy" on line? We want a new watch with warrantee...

Thanks for any thoughts!!
widget

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Get him a Breitling...I can understand not wanting a Rolex, I am not a fan myself. But if he is a pilot and wants a watch that he can wear for anything get him a Breitling. You can do anything to these watches and they will still look wonderful. You cannot buy them online no matter what is claimed, but they are well worth thier price. Breitling

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Matatora, get your son a Breitling. They are great watches. As far as getting a discount, I''m not sure what Tourneaus policy is. Good luck!!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id love a breguet. (sp) Or even a Citizen.
9.gif

I think I read somewhere that Breitlings are Pilot''s watches and some even have a mayday signal built in!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everybody. I still can''t believe I was so stupid to post that question only hours before we left for the City...

Anyhoo, we went, and after what felt like HOURS of deliberation
20.gif
, he finally settled on an IWC Aquatimer...he''d been thinking of that one previously.

I kind of like it because it doesn''t look too "gadget-y" and could sort of pass as a dress watch. It''s got a rubber strap.

Here''s a pic:

widget

PS: IMO Women''s watches are MUCH more fun to shop for!!
3.gif

aquatimer.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a nice watch widget. Do they discount their watches, just curious???

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: kaleigh
Do they discount their watches, just curious???
Nope. In fact, according to Rodentman (I think he posts here occasionally) they're not known for good pricing...at least on the east coast.

I did manage, however, to get them to knock off about $300 from the sticker price (roughly the equivalent of CA sales tax).

widget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s good. I know that most big stores don''t give the discounts like they used to. When I sold Rolex''s I was able to offer 20% off, but that isn''t the case today. Bummer.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2005 3:53:20 PM
Author: ame
Id love a breguet. (sp) Or even a Citizen.
9.gif

I think I read somewhere that Breitlings are Pilot''s watches and some even have a mayday signal built in!
Some of the mens do. Their is a common frequency 121.5 that if your tansponder is tuned to is considered a MAYDAY and will be responded to immediately. All you have to do is pull the small turner on your watch and the signal will be sent. Pretty spiffy but I like my Callistino and they do not yet make a ladies version with the microtransmitter.

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
Both my husband and myself have Tag Heuer watches- which we love....(I''m probably infatuated with mine because it has 12 diamonds instead of the numbers...)

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love watches, my favorite of all jewlery peices.
30.gif
Please post a picture of your watch.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d love to see your watches. And Matatora can you post a pic of yours??? I''ve seen it once and thought it was beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results