shape
carat
color
clarity

Watch Out Missy! ... HUGE new spiders are going to GET you!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny!
Why are you being mean to our sweet Missy?
That's not nice! *Wags finger*

ps, I think spiders are cool

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny!
Why are you being mean to our sweet Missy?
That's not nice! *Wags finger*

ps, I think spiders are cool

Just a bit of good natured grab-@ssing. ;)) ... and not in the Trump-way :knockout:
missy's a 'good egg', as the saying goes.

In honor of DF we now all have to pull our own weight when it comes to friendly ribbing. :mrgreen:

I also think spiders are cool, but not when 3" across.
I leave spiders alone because they do eat things that you really don't want in your house, like flies. :dance:

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those look quite handsome
and for an exotic species at least they eat stink bugs

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually love spiders. As long as they’re not in my house that is lol.

7ED7F8A2-2443-40EB-95FC-C4BFDFAFF494.jpeg

5DC1C78D-5D4C-4714-93D9-7A8785FFE255.jpeg

BE310393-E7A3-4422-A26F-6FA7FA20EA90.jpeg

Did you know that Spiders are found on every continent of the world except Antarctica?
Cool.

“ I leave spiders alone because they do eat things that you really don't want in your house, like flies.”

Same. I don’t want to kill them if I have a choice to get them out safely.

But yeah all spiders head to Kenny’s house. Party!

:)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Did you know that Spiders are found on every continent of the world except Antarctica?
Cool.

“ I leave spiders alone because they do eat things that you really don't want in your house, like flies.”

Those jumping spiders are strangely adorable!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Cool.

If i were your neighbour i would happily be on 24 hour call for spider removal
Although if you have white tails - they hide in the tops of curtains- we do kill those (they give nasty bites that get infected )
In our house i save the spiders and Gary saves the weta

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have trouble removing the webs
i think about the little being who made it and how long it took and also that's how he/she catches her/his dinner

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those jumping spiders are strangely adorable!

They’re gorgeous aren’t they? But I would prefer not to have one in my bed. :lol:
But I admire them from afar ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If i were your neighbour i would happily be on 24 hour call for spider removal
Although if you have white tails - they hide in the tops of curtains- we do kill those (they give nasty bites that get infected )
In our house i save the spiders and Gary saves the weta

Aww thank you. And I love that you save the spiders Daisy.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uhh that's a big NO for me.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you have it for lunch or dinner?

I would think aa a jewler and as such an artist you would be inspired by nature's beauty and would be inspired to create some wonderful one off rather exquisite project now you have a bit more time on your hands Wink ?

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Dear @Daisys and Diamonds,

I used to do such things and I invariably ended up donating them to charity auctions after three to four years of not selling. Often I had to watch them sell for less than I made them for.

Now, as I prepare to become an employee of Continental Diamond, I can honestly say we would be honored to create such a magnificent gem for any client so inspired.

I think life size would be stunning, although very few would be able wear such a piece often.

Wink

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my god NO
If these monstrosities come up to New England I’m moving to the Yukon
If they follow me there I’ll take my chances and paddleboat further north

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love the good work spiders do and many of them are pretty. But I would be lying if I said those big ones didn't freak me out. But we don't have those "big scary" ones here--I guess they don't like -35C winters and snow.

cheers--Sharon

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
So, we are in their new territory. And an expose showed them jumping (rappelling ) out of trees . I don’t mind regular spiders so much, but not these monstrosities . Ugh!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dear @Daisys and Diamonds,

I used to do such things and I invariably ended up donating them to charity auctions after three to four years of not selling. Often I had to watch them sell for less than I made them for.

Now, as I prepare to become an employee of Continental Diamond, I can honestly say we would be honored to create such a magnificent gem for any client so inspired.

I think life size would be stunning, although very few would be able wear such a piece often.

Wink

If i win lotto wink
ill order the first one :kiss2:
It would become my signature piece
A brooch that could be worn as a necklace ...and to keep you thinking- maybe also a ring (more like hand orniment )

HollyJane

Shiny_Rock
One is as wide as your hand. :eek2:

1.png

These are really lovely spiders to have around. They don't bother me, and I don't bother them. I will welcome them back this summer. In summertime when they are in abundance at my property, I get to know where they all set up webs, and they get to know me. They are very intelligent.

Here's one of my spiders from the past summer, making it's home in one of my duck/chickens pens. We lived in peaceful concert with each other, and I know they kept the gnat population down!
PXL_20210730_192610326.jpg

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If i win lotto wink
ill order the first one :kiss2:
It would become my signature piece
A brooch that could be worn as a necklace ...and to keep you thinking- maybe also a ring (more like hand orniment )

For sure I am hoping you win big, this would be such an incredibly wonderful piece to work on.

I am uncertain about a life sized ring though, it could overwhelm the hand. Perhaps the better conversion would be brooch, necklace and bracelet/armpiece?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why did I open this thread :eek-2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
For sure I am hoping you win big, this would be such an incredibly wonderful piece to work on.

I am uncertain about a life sized ring though, it could overwhelm the hand. Perhaps the better conversion would be brooch, necklace and bracelet/armpiece?

Becareful what you wish for :lol-2:
But of course you are absolutly right
I love the idea of an armlet (must find my little girl dumbbells)

I thought about the possibilities alllllllllllll the way home last night

It would be a case of you having to steer the customer away from the comical while still retaining some whimsy

So the spider is life size - well as big as the back iof my hand - i have pudgy little hands
Instead of a ring an 'orinmenral hand piece' secured to a braclete- ring thingy inspired by Indian jewlery

Convertable to a brooch (to be warn all over the place inspired by Queen Maxima of the Netherlands who often wears a brooch on the belt of her dress)

Convertable to a hair orniment - it would somehow afix to a hairclip

Convertable to a chocker - or rather to be worn on some sort of chocker - off center - so the spider rests on the shoulder or collar bone

And finally it would come with the most exquisite but understated little stand so it could be on display when not being worn

Dreams are free
but if i ever win the big one, you're up Wink =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results