shape
carat
color
clarity

Washington DC Proposal

Diamondnewbie20

Rough_Rock
Since Pricescope was soo helpful in finding my E-ring (Seen here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/three-stone-ring.139201/) I thought I would explain my proposal idea and see if it goes over well!

First, I am going to wake my girlfriend up (she thinks we have an anniversary surprise planned next weekend) and drive her to a DC spa where she will get a massage, facial, manicure, pedicure, hair, makeup etc. I told them to make her a princess for a day and do EVERYTHING that she wants!

Then, she will be done around 4:45. At that time the workers at the spa will tell hand her a note from me. It will tell her to get ready in her favorite dress (which she is bringing) and to be ready by 5:30. At 5:30, a limo will get to the spa to pick her up and will drive her to the lincoln memorial (her favorite memorial).

There the driver will hand her a note telling her to meet me at the top of the memorial. I will be there with a photographer and ring, etc. and will propose. Then, we will ride in the limo until we go to our favorite restaurant that was where we had our first date. I have informed the restaurant and they blocked off a section of the place for us with champagne and flowers, etc.

Does this sound like a good proposal?? I obviously want it to be as special as possible.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Does it sound like a good proposal?? It sounds like the PERFECT proposal!! I love how much thought you''ve put into this and think the top of the Lincoln Memorial would be amazing!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
omg that sounds amazing!!! it seems like you put a lot of thought into it and i''m sure she will love it. good luck!!!

LadyJane83

Shiny_Rock
Sounds great and the ring you chose is beautiful!

BUT... are you sure that your girlfriend would be comfortable with a public proposal and a photographer, etc.? A lot of ladies would be, but a lot of ladies are more private and would not like a public proposal.

As long as you are sure this is her "style" I say go for it! Very romantic and well-thought out.

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
I missed this thread but based on my math, this should have just taken place. Hope it was Saturday -- the weather was much better.

How did everything go?

Treefrog

Diamondnewbie20

Rough_Rock
Your math is correct! It was Saturday and it went just like I had planned! She said yes and all of the people helping me made it run completely smooth. The weather held off so there was no rain at the Lincoln Memorial. We did have about 75 tourists clapping and cheering for us, which made my fiance very embarrassed, but she said she would not have been able to plan a more perfect proposal :) :)

Thank you everyone on here for all of your help! There will be hand shots coming soon!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
congratulations!!!! post pics now please :)

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! And the proposal sounds like it was perfect. The Lincoln Memorial is one my favorite places to be so I know it was wonderful for you on such a special occasion. Congrats on your engagement!!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I think it sounds amazing! You are so sweet to plan such a perfect day! Make sure you pick a good spa, my friend has been saying she's gotten pinkeye even from high end ones. Four seasons hotel and mandarin oriental have good spas I've heard.

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! You definitely went all out to make sure that it was an absolutely perfect day for her. I am so happy that it went so well. :)

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! The ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement! The ring is beautiful and the proposal sounded perfect.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results