shape
carat
color
clarity

Washington D.C. Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone!
35.gif

Going to visit a friend in DC this weekend and I can''t wait! Of course, would love some suggestions/recommendations for great restaurants, must see''s, and especially any great estate jewelry spots I should check out while I''m there....Thanks for your help!

PS I heard "M" street is the place for great shopping!?

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
we do have reservations at i ricchi and Vermilion in Alexandria -- anyone been there?

how about cool breakfast and lunch places? Good pizza?

Thanks again!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vidallia in Dupont for dinner.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
What a fun trip! THere is a great jewelry place on Connecticut Avenue between Dupont Circle and the Farragut metro stop. Don''t remember the name but it is something like "The Tiny Jewel Box" or similar. One of our PS experts should chime in. As for restaurants, it''s been years since I lived there but the last time I was in town i ricchi was fabulous! There are a couple of great pizza spots but I am having trouble with names today. Try Washingtonian magazine (washingtonian.com I think) and you will find all sorts of info in the restaurant section.

Have fun!

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 8:29:09 PM
Author: Gypsy

I''ll second Vidalia. I had a tasting menu there and it was wonderful. Holy heck they''re doing a 19.90 lunch, I wish they had that when I was there. http://www.vidaliadc.com/

I''ll also recommend Bistro Bis, it''s sister restaurant by Hotel George near Union Station. They do breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a weekend brunch. Lunch can be very busy, but great for people watching.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was in "The District" (as we call it) today. I am in there too often and never for fun. When I drove in by myself for fun, once, I visited a jewelry store. If I ever have the time to do that again I will definitely go to check out The Tiny Jewel Box about which I have heard great things :).

PS-I hadn't noticed that Gayletmom already mentioned it!!! It is at:

1147 CONNECTICUT AVENUE
WASHINGTON, DC 20036
(202) 393-2747

AGBF
34.gif

palomablancabride

Rough_Rock
If you''re shopping in Georgetown on M Street for some yummy pizza check out Pizza Paradiso.

One of my fave restaurants is Jaleo (tapas).

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
While in Georgetown, check out the cupcakes at Georgetown Cupcake. They are seriously wonderful. georgetowncupcake.com

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 6:28:17 PM
Author: lovewhitediamonds
we do have reservations at i ricchi and Vermilion in Alexandria -- anyone been there?

how about cool breakfast and lunch places? Good pizza?

Thanks again!!
Vermillion is fantastic. The best pizza I have ever had is at 2 Amys in DC (it''s up by the National Cathedral). It''s one of the only pizzerias in the US that serves certified Neapolitan pizza, and it''s great for kids too. The National Cathedral is across the street, and has beautiful gardens that are worth checking out.

There are so many great restaurants in DC - you will have so much fun!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
You also have to go to Tiny Jewel Box on Connecticut Ave. to look at jewelry. It''s divine!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 8:29:09 PM
Author: Gypsy
Ditto - one of my favorite restaurants. You can get lunch there too, and it''s a little less expensinve than dinner.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/16/2009 10:23:49 PM
Author: vespergirl

You also have to go to Tiny Jewel Box on Connecticut Ave. to look at jewelry. It's divine!

Hi, neighbor! I mentioned that. Only I've never been there! If you've been hanging out there, how about taking me along with you next time you go? Only I don't do the metro. I'm willing to drive, however. I have heard from their radio ads that they have parking in a lot across the street! On my last excursion I visited I.Gorman ;-).

AGBF
34.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 11:02:59 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:

You also have to go to Tiny Jewel Box on Connecticut Ave. to look at jewelry. It''s divine!

Hi, neighbor! I mentioned that. Only I''ve never been there! If you''ve been hanging out there, how about taking me along with you next time you go? Only I don''t do the metro. I''m willing to drive, however. I have heard from their radio ads that they have parking in a lot across the street! On my last excursion I visited I.Gorman ;-).

AGBF
34.gif
I know! I didn''t even read through everyone else''s posts until after I posted mine, and saw that everyone else mentioned it already!
emsmilep.gif

The last time that I went to Tiny Jewel Box was several years ago, but I have actually been itching for a trip there (I''m planning to reset my stone this year, and I wanted to get some ideas!)

I will send you a shout out post when I plan on going (maybe in the next week or two?) and let you know, because I would be happy to travel together. I drive in because I''ll have my bambino with me.

Or, if you have an itch to go sooner, send me a shout-out post and let me know, so we can drive in together. My car has plenty of space, and the adult company would be nice!
emsmile.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
ooohhh we couild make it a nice little GTG....I live in MD and go there quite a bit lately since I head up to Childrens to visit Katie, it would ne nice to head down there for some oohing and ahhing....

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 10:16:30 AM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
ooohhh we couild make it a nice little GTG....I live in MD and go there quite a bit lately since I head up to Childrens to visit Katie, it would ne nice to head down there for some oohing and ahhing....
Sounds great! Let me know when you guys want to meet up!

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock

Date:

Hi, neighbor! I mentioned that. Only I''ve never been there! If you''ve been hanging out there, how about taking me along with you next time you go? Only I don''t do the metro. I''m willing to drive, however. I have heard from their radio ads that they have parking in a lot across the street! On my last excursion I visited I.Gorman ;-).

AGBF

34.gif
Hi AGBF,
I went to law school in DC and dh got my engagement ring from I.Gorman. Haven''t been there in 18 years. What''s it like these days?

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 11:45:08 AM
Author: Gayletmom

Date:

AGBF

34.gif
Hi AGBF,
I went to law school in DC and dh got my engagement ring from I.Gorman. Haven''t been there in 18 years. What''s it like these days?
Well, for the past three or four days it''s been like living in Seattle: gray and rainy.
3.gif

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
a big T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U to everyone for your suggestions...
36.gif

if you are planning a GTG please let me know if it''s going to be this weekend!
Altho I think I will be traveling "blingless"... ;-(

For sure going to check out Vidallia and The Tiny Jewel Box -- thanks again!!!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results