shape
carat
color
clarity

Was your veil silk tulle??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
I tried one on today and loved it :)

Just wondering if anyone''s veil was silk or not??

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Don''t have one yet but ... do you have pics?
31.gif
Only for educational value, of course.
27.gif

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
Not me. They are really wonderful, but I will have my veil on for about an hour max, so it wasn''t worth the $$ to me.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Mine was a handmade lace veil from 1880, it was in cotton rather than silk. I did find that it made it fly around a lot less than a silk one would have done (I tried a few).

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Nope, mine was crappy tulle. I payed less than $20 for my veil on ebay and I LOVED it. Wore it the whole night
1.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
no not on me :( but it was kinda like this one.. it was a cascading one... it was kinda long... id get a fingertip lentgth and it had swavorski crystals instead of the pearls like this one.. i tried to find a pic but this was all i could find :(

Im trying to decide what I want to do as far as silk/regular tulle... I''d like to be able to pass it down to my daughter hopefully...

Not sure if some of ya''ll remember but I have the flapper dress from the 1920s that had swavorski crystals on it that i wanted to add to it so that itd be a family thing.. ya know??

I could get the tulle for not too much... obviously a lot more than regular tulle.. just trying to decide what i want.. i really liked how it layed so nice though... hmmm

3039.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I think making an heirloom piece to pass down would be lovely! Bonus points for using the crystals from the flapper dress that was handed down to you.

I made a veil for my friend and she loved the fact that I was able to contribute to her big day that way. It wasn''t too hard to make and I had a ton of fun doing it. If you''re a DIY bride then I think this could be a really fun project!

I would definitely play around with some of the cheap stuff from JoAnns before cutting into $75/yard fabric. This way you can get the pattern just right before taking the plunge.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 2:13:57 PM
Author: blondebunny
no not on me :( but it was kinda like this one.. it was a cascading one... it was kinda long... id get a fingertip lentgth and it had swavorski crystals instead of the pearls like this one.. i tried to find a pic but this was all i could find :(

Im trying to decide what I want to do as far as silk/regular tulle... I''d like to be able to pass it down to my daughter hopefully...

Not sure if some of ya''ll remember but I have the flapper dress from the 1920s that had swavorski crystals on it that i wanted to add to it so that itd be a family thing.. ya know??

I could get the tulle for not too much... obviously a lot more than regular tulle.. just trying to decide what i want.. i really liked how it layed so nice though... hmmm
Sounds lovely! If you are looking for something to pass down, I figure, if you have the budget for it ... go for what you "love" instead of just something that will work ... especially if you are going to wear that fantabulous dress!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 2:44:22 PM
Author: Clairitek
I think making an heirloom piece to pass down would be lovely! Bonus points for using the crystals from the flapper dress that was handed down to you.

I made a veil for my friend and she loved the fact that I was able to contribute to her big day that way. It wasn''t too hard to make and I had a ton of fun doing it. If you''re a DIY bride then I think this could be a really fun project!

I would definitely play around with some of the cheap stuff from JoAnns before cutting into $75/yard fabric. This way you can get the pattern just right before taking the plunge.
you read my mind! I was going to buy some of the cheap stuff in like a pink or something and cut a nice pattern to make sure i like it.. and THEN trace it onto the expensive stuff!! :)

I found some nice silk tulle''s last night online... Im probably going to figure out which is the best price and order like a yard or so.. I only really want it to be fingertip so it doesnt need to be LONG.. :) I already have a ton of hot fix swavorski crystals that I can use :) hehehehehe

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 2:46:38 PM
Author: Sparkalicious
Date: 12/17/2008 2:13:57 PM

Author: blondebunny

Sounds lovely! If you are looking for something to pass down, I figure, if you have the budget for it ... go for what you ''love'' instead of just something that will work ... especially if you are going to wear that fantabulous dress!
I guess we just posted at the same time! haha...
It looked AMAZING with the dress... I was going to do a birdcage... but didnt like them on me... and i dont think FI will like them at all...

and then I thought i wanted a mantilla veil but i dont like the lace would go at all with the dress... and what was cool about the veil... which i''d make just copy it...was that there were swavorski crystals around the edges on both sides so it ALWAYS sparkled... i was like wow.. so smart instead of just putting them on the outside so they dont always sparkle...

im just so excited! :) hehehe

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Mine was silk tulle and I loved it -- felt lovely on my shoulders.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
How would I know? I wore a $550 veil from Toni Federici, but I bought it because it totally rocked, I had no idea what it was made out of.

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
My veil was silk tulle, to match the top layer of my skirt which was also silk tulle.

My mother-in-law made it, because I had a very specific idea of what I wanted, and I probably couldn''t have afforded it otherwise! She even sewed Swarovski crystals around the border to match the bodice of my dress. However, they didn''t show up in pictures as much as I hoped.

I loved the silk tulle - it was so flowy!

lsbveil.jpg

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
Another pic:

lsbveil2.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
My veil was not silk - just regular tulle.

I actually prefer it - I like the stiffness of the tulle so that it didn''t ''hang'' as much? YKWIM?

However - that is just based on my style and what I wanted. I agree that silk tulle is very nice for the right dress/person.

I went with a drop veil, so silk would have made it hang in my face too much. I like how mine held its shape and didn''t squish against my nose or anything!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vetrik-Did you get married at Sturbridge Village?

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 3:07:41 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Vetrik-Did you get married at Sturbridge Village?
I did get married at Sturbridge Village! You''re good - did you recognize the Tavern?

I grew up going there all the time (I did Summershops there every summer, and my parents were members for years), and my mom always joked that I would get married there someday. Once I did get engaged, it ended up being the perfect place. We loved it!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
MIne was NOT, and I''m grateful. mine was a very soft high quality nylon. It was flying around all day long. We just got all our prints in an album (still no digitals yet) and it''s like ''the chronicals of the flying veil'' ... freaking thing looked beautiful and bridal but attacked everyone, blew everywere... and um, if there is stucco arround beware. It''s like velcro.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 4:06:00 PM
Author: Gypsy
MIne was NOT, and I''m grateful. mine was a very soft high quality nylon. It was flying around all day long. We just got all our prints in an album (still no digitals yet) and it''s like ''the chronicals of the flying veil'' ... freaking thing looked beautiful and bridal but attacked everyone, blew everywere... and um, if there is stucco arround beware. It''s like velcro.

OMG LOL "the chronicals of the flying veil" ROFL

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 5:43:30 PM
Author: AmberGretchen

OMG LOL ''the chronicals of the flying veil'' ROFL
Seriously. I have proof in print. I''ll even bring the albums with me this weekend if you want to see. I got whip lash as the winery was all stucco and my freaking veil kept attaching itself to the walls.

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 7:48:35 PM
Date: 1/13/2009 5:43:30 PM

Author: AmberGretchen

OMG LOL ''the chronicals of the flying veil'' ROFL
Seriously. I have proof in print. I''ll even bring the albums with me this weekend if you want to see. I got whip lash as the winery was all stucco and my freaking veil kept attaching itself to the walls.
LOL this is hilarious!!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
BB, I have a friend with three sisters. When the first was married, all four of the girls and their mom worked on the veil. It was cathedral length and has crystals along the entire edge. When my friend was married, it was her something old, and something borrowed. Her other sister is getting married this year, and they added a tiny row of blue crystals to the very top of the comb. It will be her borrowed, old and blue!

I would love to have ANY item from my mother''s wedding, but it was all destroyed many many years ago. I think it''s a lovely gesture to have something that you have made yourself that you are saving for your child.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results