shape
carat
color
clarity

Was going to look at a diamond....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TaraLeigh

Rough_Rock
Was going to look at a diamond... but wanted to see the specs/appraisal first. This is what the seller sent to me:

Universal Gemological Services Consultation of Appraisal

Measurements 6.53 x 6.37 x 4.84 mm

Shape/Cut PRINCESS

Weight 1.70

Clarity SI2

Color G

Total Estimated Retail Replacement Value $16,070.00 US

Descriptions of Item: One natural diamond described as above.

That's IT - nothing else and she wants a minimum of $10k !

* Me thinks I will be skipping this one but it would be nice to clue her into reality.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
6.gif
You''ve got to be kidding, nah I know you''re not. But that''s just crazy!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seriously!
14.gif

TaraLeigh

Rough_Rock
LOL - so how do I let her know what she should know without offending her.

(I actually think that she doesn't realize and is taking the appraisal price seriously).

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Send her and FYI with links of a few diamonds that are better for less/same money and let her figure it out for herself.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
UGS is a subsidiary of EGL (European Gemological Laboratory). Usually the retailer will have both the EGL
report and the UGS mini report for the diamond. Ask to see the EGL report for more detailed stats.
Know that the UGS valuation is used as a sales tool and to make you "feel good."
2.gif

Don''t you feel better already, knowing this?
1.gif

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

TaraLeigh

Rough_Rock
Thanks - that really helps. :)

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
There are two slightly smaller(1.655 H VS2 and 1.601 G SI1) Princess cuts that are Whiteflash's ACA Princess which are new and supposed to be gorgeous. They will probably blow the other stone away by far. I don't think you'll be able to see any size difference unless you hold them side by side with the 1.70. These two princesses are graded by the highly respected lab AGS. If your budget is 10k, and you are able squeeze in another $1300 it would definitely be worth it! Don't forget about the Pricescope discount on top of that!

Both ACA princesses are compared side by side here.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 9:24:32 PM
Author: Modified Brilliant
UGS is a subsidiary of EGL (European Gemological Laboratory). Usually the retailer will have both the EGL
report and the UGS mini report for the diamond. Ask to see the EGL report for more detailed stats.
Know that the UGS valuation is used as a sales tool and to make you ''feel good.''
2.gif

1.gif

Agreed, Jeff...

Unfortunately, the "feel good" feeling goes away once the consumer learns that the appraisal was valued using the "Alice in Wonderland Retail Market", and prepared by the " Mad Hatter".

Rockdoc

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
The ACA diamonds are wonderful, I have one, and they sparkle like crazy
30.gif
. That might be an alternative for you to consider...

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2007 10:59:36 AM
Author: RockDoc

Date: 3/16/2007 9:24:32 PM
Author: Modified Brilliant
Know that the UGS valuation is used as a sales tool and to make you ''feel good.''
2.gif

1.gif

Agreed, Jeff...

Unfortunately, the ''feel good'' feeling goes away once the consumer learns that the appraisal was valued using the ''Alice in Wonderland Retail Market'', and prepared by the '' Mad Hatter''.

Rockdoc

hehe
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results