shape
carat
color
clarity

Warning Dead Animal Picture! Is this a mole or a vole?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@partgypsy, at least mice aren't venomous like some shrews. I also read that most animals won't eat a shrew because it releases an unappetizing scent from glands on its stomach, which I found rather fascinating.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@partgypsy, at least mice aren't venomous like some shrews. I also read that most animals won't eat a shrew because it releases an unappetizing scent from glands on its stomach, which I found rather fascinating.
The unsavory details are always the most fascinating, am I right? That's always the stuff I want to know about!:eek2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The unsavory details are always the most fascinating, am I right? That's always the stuff I want to know about!:eek2:

Yes, the heart/soul of Shakespeare! (page 1 lol)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My cat eats shrews, but she ALWAYS leaves this little green bean shaped sack with intestines attached to it on the floor. I have always wondered why, when she eats every single morsel of other creatures, and now I know!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found out another interesting tidbit about the shrew.

The other day I was waiting for DS to come to the door in the morning and I was looking to my left when all of a sudden this little creature comes bounding across the lawn. No doubt a shrew and I found they run like ferrets, not totally straight on but with a little jump in their step. I'm positive it wasn't a mouse or rat because they don't have that same ferret-like walk.

It seems the shrews are keen on our neighborhood!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results