shape
carat
color
clarity

Wardrobe Dilemma... Need serious help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Thomperchik

Shiny_Rock

I am in serious need of advice. I recently went through a really rough break up and I’m doing much better as the days go by. My friends think I should get myself out there and meet people. So every Friday my friends go to a happy hour at a different location. Today I finally decided to join and they are going to introduce me to a mutual of friend that I’ve never met. Technically it’s not a date, but I want to look cute since I haven’t dressed up at all in over a month.

emotion-18.gif
Please help me find something cute to wear tonight! I’m open to anything!

Here’s the scenario – Jax/Atlantic Beach, FL
Temperature – tonight’s low will be 37 and high of 47.

Like always, Thanks!!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
What is your body type?

Bllack dress pants & a blouse, dressy jeans & a cute top..What do you usually like to wear?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally I love a nice skirt and cute top. I think that it can be dressed up and down for whatever occasion. Plus a killer pair of heels! I was following your story on LIW and you definitely deserve a good night out tonight!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
For happy hour, I think some stylish jeans with a dressy top would look great. Unless your friends go to happy hour in their work clothes then I would go with the skirt/dressy top option.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
1) Play up your best feature.

2) Try not to goo too dressy... since this is just a meeting, you want to be able to TOP it if there is follow up date! I am down for cute shoes, jeans and a dressy sweater. Looks COLD!

Have fun!
36.gif

Thomperchik

Shiny_Rock
Tell me what you think! :)

Thomperchik

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 10:51:19 AM
Author: bee*
Personally I love a nice skirt and cute top. I think that it can be dressed up and down for whatever occasion. Plus a killer pair of heels! I was following your story on LIW and you definitely deserve a good night out tonight!
Thank you Bee!!! I think I let myself go, so I''m trying to work on myself this time around!

I love the killer pair of heels idea! ;-)

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
thomper - I like the first option the most!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the second option! It looks fab!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I like the 2nd option based on what you described. The first feels more flirty and would be good, for next happy hour, if this happy hour is fun... then see how it goes!
36.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Love the first shirt, but for this situation I would go with the second option! Have fun!
21.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the first option - I like that its a little more feminine. I''d dress it up with some delicate jewelry, and do really pretty makeup and loose, wavy hair
1.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 1:24:29 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
I prefer the first option - I like that its a little more feminine. I''d dress it up with some delicate jewelry, and do really pretty makeup and loose, wavy hair
1.gif
Ditto

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Both options are really fun! I think the first would be beautiful with some great jewelry, but the second is really cool and casual. Maybe the second option tonight, and like someone else said - wear the first option for a possible second "meeting"...
1.gif
But you won''t go wrong with the first one either!

I totally think one of the options with jeans and a nice pair of shoes! Good luck!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Do some great jeans that show off your butt and legs and a dressy blouse. Top it off with a killer pair of heels and you're good to go.

ETA: Oops didn't read the rest but it looks like you we think alike. Don't forget to come back with details!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for the 2nd option! It''s hot!!! And it seems more weather appropriate. Add some killer heels and you''re set!
1.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 11:04:31 AM
Author: Thomperchik
I would say I''m about average. 5''8 size 6.
I was thinking about wearing either of these two outfits with black pumps...
This shirt with jeans...
http://www.express.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=16447&parentCategoryId=2&categoryId=16&subCategoryId=18
the three pieces with jeans...
http://www.nyandcompany.com/nyco/browse/product_detail_with_picker.jsp?productId=prod940165&parentId=cat680008&subcatId=cat850074

I think both outfits are absolutely adorable. In my experience, women are keener on leather jackets, though, than a lot of (young-ish) guys, so I''d maybe go for the first one just to be safe?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results