shape
carat
color
clarity

Want to go to Disneyworld without breaking the bank!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
Hey all.
35.gif
My boyfriend and I want to go to Disneyworld for Spring Break (it''s about 7 hours away from where we live). Is there a way to do this affordably?? I''ve never been to Disney. Actually, I''ve never even been to Florida! - sheltered Midwesterner here. We''d be driving through Savannah, GA and Jacksonville, FL on the way there. Plus, I hear there''s some nice beaches near Orlando. I would like to check those out. Can anyone recommend places/beaches in this area? I really have no idea where or how to begin planning this trip.
33.gif
If you''ve been to Florida or even the Gulf coast area (Plan 2), please help us out!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t go to Disney World or similar parks, but my hair stylist just booked a trip to Disney World and got four free hotel nights when she bought THREE. She has two young children, and they were looking for a good deal and couldn''t believe the great price they got.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course! Don''t stay in any of the park resorts. It''s 7 hours away, so I assume that means you''ll be driving there and will therefore have access to a car? So just look for an economical hotel nearby.

I actually bookmarked this for our trip next year... condo on vrbo

Check out both VRBO and tripadvisor for travel info/accomodations
35.gif
have fun!

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
You actually can make a rather affordable trip to Disney right now..the buy three nights get four free is a perfect example... My suggestion would be to stay in one of the All Star resorts.. they run about $80/night, and all transportation to and from all of the parks is provided. Which means, you skip the $12/park parking fee... I recommend the Disney on property resorts, because there are affordable options. yes, there are cheaper places off property, but the transportation is not as reliable (time and occurrence wise) and you will incur the parking fees. There is also the dining plan option which for a basic plan includes a quick service meal, a snack and a table service meal for less than $30/per person/per night. That is enough food for a person per day.

All Disney parks are running the "What will you Celebrate" celebration this year... so, if you plan your trip around your birthday, you can get in to the parks for FREE on your birthday.. you just have to register online.

Just thought I would throw a few ideas out there...

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
i LOVE disney world...i just LOVE disney. but like every one mentioned, right now they have the promotion where you get free nights when you buy certain nights. and the park hopper tickets aren''t REALLY necessary, but nice to have. so if you just plan on staying at one park, save the extra few dollars and not get the hopper pass. also, don''t have lunch and dinner at the park, unless you really have to. there are other places to eat within driving distance. will you be renting a car?
have a great time!!! i wish i was going.

disney777

Rough_Rock
I always stay at a Disney Resort for various reasons. The buy 4, get 3 offer is great, and you could get a great deal by staying at an All Star Resort (Sports, Music, or Movie), or Pop Century. But, with Spring Break being a very busy time for the parks, plus the special, you might not be able to get into a Value resort. (They may have rooms available at the resort, but they allot a certain number of rooms for particular specials. When they run out, that may be it.)
Some of the benefits of staying on property are free parking for all the Parks, and the Extra Magic Hours. You can get a Quick Service dining plan for $30 - 2 counter service meals, 2 snacks, and a resort refillable mug, or the regular dining plan which is a counter service meal, table service meal, and 1 snack for $40.
There are many hotels off property, but people usually don''t have good reports about the shuttle services to the parks. But you will have a car, so that gives you freedom. Add $12/day for parking to what you''d be paying for the hotel, and you might be getting a good or equal deal if you can get into a Value resort.
I would call Disney and see what is available - (407) W-DISNEY. Sometimes an agent can find something that is not showing available online.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This may be tacky to ask, but could anyone give me a ballpark range of the cost for say a 4 or 5 day trip to Disneyworld (family of 4), using a WDW resort? My father in law took our family this fall and it was wonderful. My youngest is 2 years old and we were thinking if possible, to save up and go again in 10 years. To do that we would start a "disney" fund but I have no idea how much this would run (our typical vacations are very modest).

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Hi Fuzzers,

Ooooh I hope you manage to go.
36.gif

We have NEVER been to Disneyworld and would love to go.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mean is 10 grand too little, or too much, I have no idea.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 1:49:15 PM
Author: part gypsy
Why don''t you price it out? Just look up the resort(s) you might want to stay in and their rates, look up the park(s) you want to visit and their admission prices, factor in transportation and voila - you have your budget.

This is normal to do, right? That''s what we always do for any trip... the information is all there for you to find, quite easily.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 1:49:15 PM
Author: part gypsy
You could probably do it for less than $5000... especially if you drive instead of fly.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, I hope you get to go! We went every year when I was a kid, and it was always my childhood dream to stay in the hotel that the monorail runs through (I think it''s called the Contemporary Hotel?). Hubby and I are planning to do so this year, and I''m so excited! He had never been to anything Disney, so we made sure to go to Disneyland while we were in CA this past fall. We had a blast, but Disneyworld is a lot bigger and has so much more stuff. I really hope you get to go!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck Fuzzers! I never thought of myself as a Disneyworld type person but it was really wonderful when I got to go this fall. If I ever go again I want to save up to stay on site (at a WDW resort) but if you were on a budget see what it costs to buy tickets to WDW and stay off site. I think someone already mentioned it but mousesavers is a site talking about this stuff.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I got this offer via email this morning and thought of you:

http://comfortinnorlando.com/tzoo/

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results