shape
carat
color
clarity

want to buy diamond earrings - help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jarujammer

Rough_Rock
I was set to buy 1 carat (actually .90 carat) tw earrings from worldjewels.net until i stumbled across this forum. The g-h color and what i thought was SI1 clarity for 999- seemed a fabulous deal--what appears to be a slight misrepresentation on the clarity (they call it SI, which apparently can be I3 in their book) was enough to scare me off.

Now i need to find another source pronto (was going to order today!)--can someone help me? I am looking for round diamond cut in yellow gold, approx. 1 tw with nice brilliant diamonds that would not have occlusions obvious to the non-trained eye. I am, of course, looking for a great value.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Bill

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What's your total budget?

jarujammer

Rough_Rock
would like to stay around 1200 but could bump a bit . . .

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s an example of what you could get. These are Whiteflash''s brand, A Cut Above, I have a pair. Honestly, you can''t go wrong. They also carry very nice nonbranded line called Expert Selection, which are less. They are great to work with, just give them a call and tell them what you''re looking for.

BTW, these are upgradable, and the GIA ES stones are also.

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/Compare_Diamonds.aspx?idnos=114982,116817
#

http://www.whiteflash.com/golden-wardrobe/Gold_Details.aspx?ItemCode=WFER-W&CategID=54

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
many people recommend the ready-set-go earrings at whiteflash.com. I think for your budget you may have to get a smaller size, approx .7 tcw is available in white gold for about $1000 as I recall. They will be ideal cut and incredibly sparkly! Many people say that ideal cut diamonds look bigger for their carat weight.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2006 9:39:10 PM
Author: gailrmv
many people recommend the ready-set-go earrings at whiteflash.com. I think for your budget you may have to get a smaller size, approx .7 tcw is available in white gold for about $1000 as I recall. They will be ideal cut and incredibly sparkly! Many people say that ideal cut diamonds look bigger for their carat weight.
These are an option too, but, not upgradable. That''s the reason I don''t really recommend them. But for some, it may be the way to go.

And yes, well cut will outshine larger, so so cut.

jarujammer

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the suggestions; I am going to go with the ready set go option; upgradability is not a factor at this time; just want the most bang for the buck; this is our first diamond purchase since the engagement ring. Thanks again.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, I''m sure she''ll love them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results