shape
carat
color
clarity

wannaBMrsH!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
I just saw your post in Lala2332''s thread. I''m sorry your wedding didn''t go as well as you had planned (((HUGS))). FWIW, I''d love to see pics of your wedding - I bet you looked gorgeous! I hope you had a great time at Altos de Chavon. No pressure to respond, okay?! Just wanted to send a shout out to my fellow DR bride! Congrats on your marriage!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Pocahontas!

Thank you! I will post a few pics soon, I just can''t bring myself to be happy about anything yet. Like I mentioned in my post, I feel like I must be either the biggest witch or a serious bridezilla. I can''t really describe my disappointment and frustration with just about everything. Here is a recap:

1) I gave my sister, S1, all my wedding day jewelry and makeup in a carryon that she was going to carry for me. She placed her BM dress on top of it and FORGOT it all at my home. Realized that it happened on the way to the airport, and told my Dad, who advised her to not mention it as I didn''t need any stress...mind you, DH''s brother could have picked it up as he wasn''t coming until a later flight and was leaving his car at our house...so he would be ther anyway!

2) Hurricane was forming in the area as we were neared the DR and we circled for 2 hours before being diverted to Puerto Rico to refuel, came back and circled again for another hour. This was the day BEFORE the wedding. We arrived at the resort at 10:00PM and were immediately taken into coordinator meetings, and buffets were closed. Oh and did I mention that we lost S1 at both airports because she can''t comprehend the "travel buddy" rule?

3) S1 finally tells me that she left everything at my house, but it''s too late to do anything about it. MIL/FIL, who had volunteered to watch DH''s 2 boys as long as "they don''t miss such an important event" go AWOL and we have to deal with getting the OOT bags done and dealing with 2 sleepy, tired and grumpy boys by ourselves in addition to me trying to figure out what do to about S1''s dress and my lack of jewelry, tiara, and makeup.

4) Day of Wedding: Best Man misses rehearsal. Hair Salon is NOT equipped to handle 10 women for styling, mani/pedi as we requested (add to that makeup as I now have none!) First appointment is at 11AM and they do not finish until 3:30...bridal party photos were at 3:00...two BMs and a Flower Girl are running late and don''t show....I still don''t have makeup and my MOH (my 15 year old sister) gives me her super awesome make up kit (with a dozen eye shadows, lipsticks, powders, etc.) and I do my own makeup...as I am in tears because I hate my hair (I HATE wearing ALL of my hair up, but apparently I don''t know my face shape as well as they do)...

5) S1 still doesn''t know what to wear (HOW is this my problem 25 minutes before the wedding!?!) and borrows a dress from another of the wedding guests.

6) I had asked ALL the BMs to come to my room at 3:45 (ceremony was scheduled for 4PM) for last getting ready photos and BM pictures...NONE of them show up! Only my MOH was there...my mom didn''t show up either! My sister gets me dressed and manages to get herself ready as well...when my MIL shows up to ask me why I needed S2 there (FOR PICTURES!)...and to give them their BM gifts and for them to pick up their bouquets! MIL told S2 to just get to the ceremony (because apparently the bride coordinating with the photographers and bridal party doesn''t matter when your MIL knows more than you do!)

7) Only MOH is wearing her jewelry, my FG ended up wearing CROCS, yes, CROCS (how mortifying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I ended up cutting almost all photos of her because her crocs are so freaking awful, I just burst into tears everytime I see the photos.

8) My MOH is the only one who is paying attention to what I need and she is being talked down to by my mom, S1, EVERYONE and I am furious! I ask her to tell my photographer to take a photo of my godparents and my mother yells at her to stop directing him as he is a professional! Meanwhile, my random cousin asks him to take a few photos of her and I end up with NOT ONE SINGLE photo of my MOH alone and looking gorgeous...and 15 or so pics of my random cousin.

9) During the reception, S1 and S2 show up in the ugliest shoes (why? BECAUSE they weren''t in my room to get their BM gifts which included the flip flops that matched their BM dresses!) and I keep crying everytime I see the hideous shoes they wore to the reception when I bought them all shoes for the ceremony and decent flip flops for the reception!

10) Our boys....since we were busy being photographed, and MIL/FIL went AWOL, they walked right into the ocean and got drenched head to toe...had to change for the reception...of course, I didn''t dress them and one ended up in a grey U.S.A T-shirt, and board shorts, while the other ended up in something just as hideous...but it doesn''t compare to my flower girl, who wore purple leggings and a pink tank top!

And if you are still reading, to top it all off, the resort photographer kept interfering with our photographer and kept blocking shots...when we saw his photos, they were all blurry and just a hot mess...I will try to post some pics as soon as I can...but I honestly can''t make any promises...

We also didn''t make it to Altos de Chavon because did I mention everyone knows more than me? Well FIL did some research and discovered that it is not safe to drive in the DR and convinced FI to "look for an alternative"...UGH!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I think I resized a few from the ceremony...these are not the professional ones...these are from the pics other guests have sent me...

This is my gorgeous Husband and his brother (and Best Man) walking into the ceremony...

G0814200902.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
This is one of me walking down the aisle with my dad...and yes, it''s a very fake smile because one of the girls actually made the gesture to me to smile...because I was so upset...

B0814200903.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
This is my Dad giving me away...BTW, my dad wore the clothes that he was supposed to wear to the wedding to the breakfast we hosted that morning and got food on it by the time I realized, this was another shirt he had...and you can see my dumb*$$ sister in the pink dress when she was supposed to be wearing the blue one...SERIOUSLY!

BG0814200902.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I think in this pic, you can tell I am crying and my poor husband has no idea what to say to comfort me...

BG0814200901.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a pic of my gorgeous sister (MOH in khaki) and S2 and the flower girl...as you can see...S2 isn''t wearing any jewelry...

MOHS2FG.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Another pic of DH and me...I am wearing a bracelet that my mom was going to wear and my studs that I wear every day...no other jewelry and definitely no tiara...

BG0814200903.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Starfish that were supposed to be hanging from wooden folding chairs...which never materialized...so they did this...

BG0814200905.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Our priest who was awesome...until he read out our dates of birth, location, citizenship and passport numbers...then he was just meh..

BG0814200904.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Last one for now...should be of us toasting after the wedding...

BG0814200906.jpg

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
if i wouldn''t have read the post about all the went wrong, looking at your pics i would only think, "what a beautiful wedding!" you looked gorgeous, you didn''t need any other jewelry or tiara, imho. the location looks to die for!! i hope that in time the disappointments will fade and you''ll be able to look back and be so happy and overjoyed that this was the day you became mrs. h!!! really, everything at the ceremony looks beautiful to me!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
MrsH!!

I just wanted to say that i am really sorry that things didn''t go according to plan but for what it''s worth I think that you looked absolutely beautiful even with your hair up and with no tiara.
1.gif

Maybe one day when time has passed and the pain is less you will feel better about the day and be able to smile a little when you look at your beautiful photos.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2009 1:27:46 AM
Author: lulu66
if i wouldn''t have read the post about all the went wrong, looking at your pics i would only think, ''what a beautiful wedding!'' you looked gorgeous, you didn''t need any other jewelry or tiara, imho. the location looks to die for!! i hope that in time the disappointments will fade and you''ll be able to look back and be so happy and overjoyed that this was the day you became mrs. h!!! really, everything at the ceremony looks beautiful to me!
I was just thinking the same thing!!! Your wedding looks so beautiful and the photos are awesome!!!! You married the man of your dreams and the future has just begun.....congratulations!!!

Lori

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry your day didn''t go as planned. I do think you look beautiful though!!! I hope in time you will be able to look at your photos and smile rather than feel any regret. The wedding really does look beautiful from your pictures and if you hadn''t mentioned anything about your hair, tiara, or jewelry, I wouldn''t have noticed anything missing at all!

I do have one suggestion - although it is not needed AT ALL (because your pictures look great and I think you even said the pictures themselves were nice) and I''m only saying it because it made me feel a lot better personally because I hated my pictures. My photographer didn''t get a lot of shots I wanted and hardly took any nice ones of my DH and I together - DH hired someone to come re-take some wedding pictures. We got all dressed up again, I got hair/makeup done, and we went and took more wedding pictures! It was a really fun day and we really enjoyed it together. If it really bothers you that your hair wasn''t as you wanted and you didn''t have your tiara or wedding jewelry, maybe consider for a birthday or anniversary (or "just because") hiring an inexpensive photographer to come re-take some pictures with your hair and makeup just like you wanted and with your jewelry. You can even make a romantic day of it and go out to dinner or something afterwards with your hair and makeup all done! And maybe it could give you some really nice memories of just you and your husband taking some "wedding" pictures together
2.gif

Like I said, I don''t think it''s necessary based on the photos you posted (because everything looks really nice and you look GORGEOUS!) but I figured I would mention it in case it''s something you would consider or if doing something like that might make you feel better.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
You looked absolutely beautiful! Even in the photos where you say you were crying, to me (an outsider who doesn''t know you) you just look caught up in the moment of getting married to the man you love. Without your commentary, they would have seemed so joyful to me!

I understand that maybe people weren''t wearing the clothes or accessories you had envisioned, but the people you cared about were there--that''s the main thing! As someone who had to rework wedding plans about a dozen times because the people I most want at my wedding are on another continent and (mostly) won''t be able to be there with me, just maybe you are losing sight of the big picture--that your loved ones (no matter how annoying or forgetful they can be sometimes) are important to you and that your wedding would have been much sadder if they had been missing, instead of some jewelry, shoes and outfits.

Sorry, hope that doesn''t come off rudely...I just would really love it if my brothers, my nephew and my best friends could come to my wedding, but they can''t. Wouldn''t matter if they came in their pjs, just so long as they shared those special moments with me and my hubs.
1.gif

I am sorry you feel so badly about your wedding photos. Hopefully at some point you''ll be able to look at them and see the happiness and joy that are there--because those things ARE there. They are just beneath the superficial things that have you so upset right now.

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
First, i want to say you were such a radiant bride, despite all the SNAFU''s

And secondly, I wanted to comment about the whole ''being grateful friends and family could come celebrate''

While I agree it''s important to appreciate those people who came and traveled a great distance to celebrate your marriage, I also understand how incredibly FRUSTRATING it is to have things planned out and to rely on other people to do their part and they fall short of the mark. I would be so upset if a bridesmaid forgot her dress or my jewelry or anything like that. I mean, I guess it''s one thing if it''s an isolated incident, but it sounds like some of your family/friends are so self-centered (or ignorant, I''m not sure) that they don''t realize what an impact their actions have on others.

I don''t know, this is a little bit of a disorganized post, but if my friends and family did that at my wedding, I''d be mortified. If they can''t realize that this is the one day that your feelings should be a priority, then that''s a problem.

I do hope though you have a wonderful new life with DH and can appreciate that all of the issues and incidents led up to your being married now. And you know what they say - the worse the wedding day, the better the marriage.

You''re set for life!
2.gif

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
I know your wedding didn't go as planned. People can be very unrealiable when you need them most. However, I wanted to tell that you looked really beautiful..........

And also your post sounds like something out of a soap-opera. You are an entertaining writer!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
MrsH-
I am SO sorry that things did not go well. People just don''t get it sometimes. ::HUGS::
Everything looked gorgeous, though I''m sure it''s no consolation. I just wish things could''ve been better for you. Congratulations to you and your husband!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone!

First of all, THANK YOU so much for your lovely comments! You guys are all so amazing at rallying around our "fallen brides!"

I understand about wanting the most important people at our wedding...DH and I paid for about 14 people to come (we paid for EVERYTHING: airfare, all-inclusive hotel, transfers, in some cases, we even paid for the PASSPORTS!) and we paid for every stitch of clothing that was worn by my parents, the entire bridal party (GMs, BMs, MOH, FG, BM...EVERYONE) and paid for all of their shoes...

At the very last minute, I could not bear the thought that my best friend was going to have to leave her husband and baby behind to come to our wedding and my DHs best friend (who we wanted to be a reader) could not find a decent airfare and we used some of the miles that my FIL gave us as a wedding gift to fly all of them down as well...because it was within a week of travel, all of THEM flew first class while we were in coach...

Best Friends were wonderful and we couldn't have asked for a more supportive group of GUESTS! But our BP sucked...

Maybe I am completely selfish and totally self centered, but I always thought that if someone (my SISTER) paid for a complete trip to paradise for 5 days and asked only that I stand up in her wedding, while wearing clothes that she and he husband paid for...that I would suck it up and be there more than just in body!

Anyhow, I will try to resize the professional photos today and try to post a separate (read: HAPPY) thread with those tonight!

Thanks again! I knew that at least here I would find a little sympathy for my wreck! (((((HUGS)))))

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Im so sorry wannabemrs... your bp suck big time
39.gif
but for what its worth i think you looked beautiful and cant wait to see your pro pics!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
MrsH...you looked beautiful. Your hair actually looked amazing and I have to tell you that I''m not a fan of tiara''s. I loved it without it!

Don''t worry about your sister... I know that is hard but I keep constantly having to remind myself that my wedding is the most important thing to me and my fiance everyone else you can''t control.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Mrs.H, I''d just like to echo that you looked absolutely beautiful (and your hubby is totally dreamy)! Its so disappointing that your BP let you down, but your MOH sounds really incredible.

Your pictures look great to me. I especially love the last picture you posted - it has to be one of the most touching wedding pictures I''ve ever seen.

Lots and LOTS of HUGS to you! And CONGRATULATIONS on being married!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
BIG DITTO to what everyone else said.

You and your DH did a lot for your BP and it's a shame they let you down. But I hope, with some passage of time, the bad memories will fade away and you will reflect upon the day differently and fondly remember the joyful times.

Many congrats, my fellow August bride! I wish you and your DH a life filled with love and happiness.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Your pictures are beautiful and if you hadn''t said anything, I wouldn''t have noticed the lack of jewelry or hair styling problems. It sucks when people aren''t reliable when you need them to be. Your sister may be just immature and doesn''t realize how generous you and your DH have been. Congratulations on getting married! What matters most is you and your DH!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear! I''m so sorry about your wedding.

Luckily you looked GORGEOUS and you are a MARRIED lady!!!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Oh sweetie, I''m so sorry things didn''t go as planned
14.gif
I hate when that happens!

The good news is, you looked beautiful and so did everything else--minus the crocs (we didn''t see them but I agree, WHAT was her mom thinking?!). And, you''re married to a your wonderful husband! Congratulations!
36.gif

As time goes on, you''ll laugh at all these annoying mishaps.

(((BIG HUGS)))

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
See I was right, you looked gorgeous! Look at that teeny tiny waist and beautiful face! FWIW, I think your hair looked perfect. In fact, I think everything about your outfit was perfect - the simple, understated elegance of your gown and accessories...everything!

ETA: I''m sorry so many people disappointed you on your wedding day. I hope those feelings quickly pass and are replaced with the happiness of marrying your best friend!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I have to say that the wedding still looked great even though so many things went wrong. Honestly I don''t know how you held it together. Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to add to my previous post, that i think you were very dignified in the case of crocs. I think i would have taken the biatch who wore them down....downtown....

those things are hideous
13.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results