shape
carat
color
clarity

Wanna see what I do for Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! I know I''ve been a hit or miss kind of person around here. Sometimes I''m here and sometimes I''m not. I''ve had a lot going on in my life. Unfortunately when I have been posting in a few threads the past couple of months I haven''t mastered resizing pictures and I''m extremely aggravated! I just give up and walk away. Anyways, this is probably the happiest time of the year for me and my family and since I can''t post pictures (due to incompetency
38.gif
!) then I will share some pictures with you in another way.

Go to www.HGTV.com and search "Christmas for a Cause". The pictures came from a show they taped last year called Christmas to the Extreme. I was surprised to see them on their website so I thought I would share.

I wish you could all come down and see it in person with your families. We have 700,000 lights and over 100 animated displays. We''ve also collected over $500,000 for a cancer association. What can I say....it''s our passion!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to my PS family!

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Didiamond,

I''ve enjoyed your collections in the past and hope that Skippy''s link helps facilitate the posting of pictures of any additional lovelies that have come your way.
36.gif

BTW, is this the link to last year''s light display? (I recall seeing a shimmering pool in the background on some of your stunning handshots, so "South Florida" seemed a likely match.): http://www.hgtv.com/home-improvement/christmas-for-a-cause/index.html

f-d-l

tabu

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!! Thats awesome! Love the decorations!
36.gif
I love when people really get involved and feel the spirit of
Christmas!!!
2.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Those are awesome decorations!

Hey where in Miami does this normally take place? I have my brother with me this weekend. I''d love to stop by, check it out, and make a donation. Of course I realize posting it on PS probably not the greatest idea
3.gif
but if you tell me general area I can probably just ask someone "hey do you know where all the lights are"
3.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back, Didiamond, and happy holidays! The Christmas display is breathtaking! (You have been missed here.)

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! This just made my day! Thank you so much for sharing and for taking the time and effort to create such a wonderful display! And, thank you, for your charitable donations!

1.gif

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad you all got to see the pictures!

Skippy....Oh, I''ve tried. I have a Mac so I''ll try following the instructions at the bottom. It was so easy with windows. I''m still using photosmart editing but it''s not the same. I change the size of the picture but it''s still too big and I can''t directly change the file size. Before, I just changed the size of the photo and it was great. I''ll keep working on it. Thanks!

fleur-de-lis....Thanks! Yes, that''s the link. Thanks for posting it! And yes, that was my shimmering pool in the background (although I wish it would freeze over so I could ice skate on it
28.gif
!)

tabu...thank you! I know we go overboard but it''s worth seeing the children''s faces.

fieryred....Thank you! It''s in Pinecrest. Maybe Channel 4 news has it posted.

Madam Bijoux...Thank you very much. Oh how I have missed talking to all of you. I''ve been crazy with life. My mom is battling cancer, my FIL (who started this Christmas display 40 years ago) passed away, I myself had surgery two months ago, I was crazy with the college process for my son (thank goodness he''s been accepted to his top choice!), and on and on. Then I get so frustrated when I can''t post my newest stuff. Actually, that is a story in itself. I really need to talk to you guys about it and get opinions after the holidays. Hopefully by then I''ll learn how to change picture size! This Mac is bustin'' my chops!
33.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
How wonderful! That put a huge smile on my face!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Oh how fantastic!! What a wonderful cause!
36.gif
Thank you for sharing!
(ps--I''ve loved your rings for a long time--but never made your acquaintance--How do you do didiamond?
1.gif
)

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 3:49:10 PM
Author: didiamond
I''m glad you all got to see the pictures!

Skippy....Oh, I''ve tried. I have a Mac so I''ll try following the instructions at the bottom. It was so easy with windows. I''m still using photosmart editing but it''s not the same. I change the size of the picture but it''s still too big and I can''t directly change the file size. Before, I just changed the size of the photo and it was great. I''ll keep working on it. Thanks!
(...)
Hopefully by then I''ll learn how to change picture size! This Mac is bustin'' my chops!
33.gif

Di, we switched over to Mac in our house during the last year as well, and for all the talk about Mac being much more user-friendly than PC, there are *definitely* ways in which that''s simply not true. IME, resizing images for posting is definitely less intuitive on the Mac. It took months for me to figure it out.
38.gif
Embarrassing. Here''s what I do:

1. Open iPhoto. Single-click on image you want to post so that a thin golden frame highlights it.

2. Go to iPhoto toolbar at top of screen, click File. The drop down menu has "Export" (command E); click it. A window will pop up.

3. The pop up window has several settings to set:
--Kind
--JPEG quality
--Include
--Size
--FileName
--Prefix for Sequential
JPEG, Size, and Sequential will be in light gray font. Switch the first line, "Kind", from "Current" to "JPEG"; then JPeg quality and Size will change from light grey font to black. Set JPEG Quality to "Medium" and Size to "Medium". Then click the blue glowing "Export" button.

4. A second little window will pop up; for the first line choose a name for the newly resized file you can remember and pick out of a crowd, and on the second line you''re going to select the destination from where you will pick out that file.

5. Shake and pour yourself a celebratory martini. You''ve earned it; you''ve just made a photo on Mac that can be posted on Pricescope.
12.gif

-------
6. Then follow the old method of clicking reply on the thread of your choice, hit the "Attach File" button on the Pricescope site, click "Browse" in the pop-up window, and go to the File Folder into which you had just exported the new, resized to Medium/Medium JPEG image, select the image by the name you just gave it, then follow the pricescope directions. Voila!

Hope this helps. And before you start thinking I''m incredibly altruistic for typing this out, I must confess that as a die-hard, photo-lovin'' PS''er I MAY have a personal motivation for helping you, the lovely DiDiamond, have the ability to post photos again!
9.gif

f-d-l

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s awesome! You''ve been busy!

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
somethingshiny...I''m so glad you like it! I really wish you could all come down here for a visit. It''s truly a beautiful sight in person.

Miranda...Thank you! I hope you keep that beautiful smile on your face for the rest of the holiday season!
1.gif

coati...Thanks! I''m great. How do you do? I consider us friends more than acquaintances. I love being here on PS.

SDL...It''s nice to see you again. Love your picture! Merry Christmas!

f-d-l....I have printed your post so that tomorrow I can play with it. I cannot thank you enough. I''m headed out to dinner so tomorrow will be busy wrapping and relearning how to post pics here. Your the best!

zoe...Thank you! I''m getting used to being busy these days. It just doesn''t seem to end but Christmas is the best for me. I get to talk to so many people at the display. It''s truly a beautiful time of the year!

Thanks everyone! I''m glad I could finally share this with you all. I know I''ve talked about it before but was unable to show it.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness! What a wonderful, happy and generous thing for your community.
Thank you for sharing with us.
Di, I have always felt you were a warm person - this just proves it!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW !! beautiful Didiamond.
10.gif
30.gif
nice to see you post again.
36.gif

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
What a crazy coincidence that I JUST saw Christmas to the Extreme last night!! It was aired on The Travel Channel, though, I think. (They're probably owned by the same company as HGTV). I can't believe you were a part of that! That's absolutely wonderful!! Are you a volunteer, or are you related to the Clot family? I have to admit I wanted to take a trip down to Miami when I saw the show last night!! LOL (And to some of the other places the show highlighted...LOL)

Good luck with being able to post photos. I know others have given tons of tips and clues so I won't add anything to it, but don't you dare think it's your incompetence!! Sometimes technology just plain old doesn't work the way it should and no one knows why!!
20.gif

Merry Christmas!!
1.gif

-Rachel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results