shape
carat
color
clarity

Wanna help me find a ring ?

Elsafiancee

Rough_Rock
Hello
I’m looking to buy a ring that would mix both my kids’ birthstones, garnet and pearl. I’m looking more for an antique design, but am open to new too. I’ve seen a few options in Etsy but nothing that blew me away. Anyone wants to help me find something ?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Garnet and pearl in a ring will be difficult to find since pearl doesn't hold up well in a ring unless worn very infrequently. It requires more care when it comes to cleaning too. The only thing that comes off the top of my head is something antique where you might find a garnet ring with a seed pearl halo.

May I ask your budget?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Toi et moi? Does it have to be an actual antique or just the style?

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
I do see garnets and pearls paired up together on a number of antique rings!

Those would be pricier, but there is some lovely stuff.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the Georgians made quite a lot of rings with garnets and pearls. I thought I had one saved to link but alas it’s ruby and pearl!
My Mother has a garnet and pearl ring, Victorian in style but made in the 60s or 70s. Will have a look and post if I find anything.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is pretty. I’m in UK so hope that link works for you. I can see a lot of I google vintage Georgian gold garnet pearl ring. However lots are sold and there are plenty that are in poor condition or overpriced. Have a good foot around there seems to be plenty out there, I would keep looking and I’m sure something will pop up that’s not outrageously priced. Garnet and pearl would not be good for daily wear btw if you want to wear frequently you may be better with a pendant.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/585...13TQF7AWQcajfxcxrRNH1yH38o5xtf1EaAgzEEALw_wcB

Elsafiancee

Rough_Rock
Garnet and pearl in a ring will be difficult to find since pearl doesn't hold up well in a ring unless worn very infrequently. It requires more care when it comes to cleaning too. The only thing that comes off the top of my head is something antique where you might find a garnet ring with a seed pearl halo.

May I ask your budget?

Not sure, $500-1000?

When I was looking at birthstones for my own kiddo, I saw that they now have "traditional" and "modern" birthstones. Looks like the alternative stone for June (pearl) is alexandrite. Not sure if that makes things any easier to find, but might open up some options for you.

Elsafiancee

Rough_Rock
41D53C69-5164-4B0D-B0C0-719CD1E42960.png
i was thinking something like this, as a ring. And with real stones

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
This is pretty. I’m in UK so hope that link works for you. I can see a lot of I google vintage Georgian gold garnet pearl ring. However lots are sold and there are plenty that are in poor condition or overpriced. Have a good foot around there seems to be plenty out there, I would keep looking and I’m sure something will pop up that’s not outrageously priced. Garnet and pearl would not be good for daily wear btw if you want to wear frequently you may be better with a pendant.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/585...13TQF7AWQcajfxcxrRNH1yH38o5xtf1EaAgzEEALw_wcB

Lovely!

Elsafiancee

Rough_Rock

It’s very pretty but I contacted the seller with a few questions earlier this week and she hasn’t responded since, so...

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was looking at birthstones for my own kiddo, I saw that they now have "traditional" and "modern" birthstones. Looks like the alternative stone for June (pearl) is alexandrite. Not sure if that makes things any easier to find, but might open up some options for you.

Another June birthstone is moonstone which would be more affordable than alexandrite.

Moonstone sidestones with a green, red or purple garnet -or- a moonstone w/ color change garnet sides would make great combinations imo. Likewise, if you want to stick with pearls, keep in mind that garnets come in many beautiful colors.

Not sure what is out there premade. If you are want to spend a little more, you may be able to do something where you purchase the stones and setting separately.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results