shape
carat
color
clarity

wait for disney...or...?

surpriseguy

Rough_Rock
Hello,

After a month of waiting, I finally received the completed ring with which I will propose. Now I have to decide how to ask her... I'll fill you in on some of the context first: We have been talking about getting married for a little while now, and have even looked at rings together... but she has no idea that I bought this ring, or that I could even afford it (I think I got the ring of her dreams). We have her parents' blessings.

I was planning to propose during our trip to Disneyland in about 10 days or so, but she might see that coming. I think she suspects that I will ask her soon.. and what better opportunity than a trip to Disney? Also, if I decide to ask there, I'm not really sure how I would do it.

So now I'm thinking about asking her here at home in just a few days. She already knows that I'm going to be cooking dinner for her on Wednesday. So I am thinking about making her favorite dish, putting out some candles, playing music in the house.... and then when the time is right, sending a quick text message to my neighbor, who will then sneak over and leave a few dozen roses at the door, ring the doorbell and run... this will set my dogs off and she will be distracted/annoyed when she goes to the door. Then hopefully i can be kneeling behind her with a ring as she turns around, confused. Hopefully my dog doesn't maul me when I kneel.

either, or? suggestions?

Thanks!

L

This is the ring: sylvie collection sy652. center is .73ct round brilliant G VS1, Excellent x3

pp1.jpg

pp1.jpg

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ! Can't wait to see hand shots! I like your dinner idea. If you want it to be a surprise and if you think she'd suspect it would occur at Disney, then you should definitely do it then. Besides, the logistics of proposing at Disney are quite challenging. You'd have to carry the ring (in your luggage?) and find a place to put it. Most guys I know want to just get it done once they get the ring!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
That sounds like a wonderful plan. Much more romantic than Disneyland. Good luck and come back with the story and photos of the ring.

surpriseguy

Rough_Rock
thanks! here is a pic of the real deal.... i might even leave the neighbor out of it, and just give her a whole bunch of flowers when she gets home.

kr2.jpg

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
What a ring - gorgeous!!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
I like the doorbell idea if you're trying to really surprise her! If you give her a bunch of flowers and don't usually do so, it will definitely get her thinking. Good luck! ::)

papergangsta25

Rough_Rock
Id say keep the neighbor in the loop cause the distraction could be useful. I say do it at home. It sounds really romantic! Oh and the ring.....AMAZING. your gonna give her a heart attack lol. Can't wait to hear how it plays out!

Sun-Shine

Rough_Rock
The doorbell was my favourite part!! :D She'll tell all her friends "I turned around and there he was on one knee......" AWWWWWW

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
I love this idea, and you can celebrate your proposal afterwards during your trip without your nerves getting in the way.

Let us know how it goes! ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results