shape
carat
color
clarity

Waikiki Proposal HELP!

Yusiro

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

Now that the ring is well into production (see the progress here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-custom-ring-experience.165294/) I was hoping that I could once again ask for some help with proposal ideas.

My family is going to Hawaii in February, we'll be staying on Waikiki right by the beach. I was planning on proposing when we were there - don't worry there will be plenty of alone/romantic/couple time!

My thought was this: I have done some reading and found that Waikiki has several dinner boat cruises. I was thinking of getting tickets on one of these for a nice dinner while watching the sunset, then afterwords go for a moon (and torch as I understand) lit walk on Waikiki beach - which is when I would pop the question.

I have a few questions that if you guys could help me with it I would forever be in your debt!
1. Does this sound alright? I know that the "how did he ask" type story is a very big deal and I want hers to be special.

2. For those who have been to Hawaii - any experience with the dinner boat cruises? Specific great times or ones to avoid? I was thinking I might try for the Friday one since there are fireworks on the beach on Friday night. Thoughts on that?

3. Is the beach crowded in the later evening (for the most part the cruises seem to end around 8, so would probably be asking around 830-9. She has several times said that it should be special and intimate and that other people shouldn't be around.

4. If it is alone, are there actually torches on the beach? If not what do you guys think of ring boxes with lights built in?

5. ANY other suggestions would be really great. If my idea is a nightmare, tell me straight (but have another suggestiong at least :naughty: ) I'm doing research via internet and since I've never been there it's proven difficult. My only other option if I can't find help here is to ask my brother in law who was stationed there for a lot of his navy career (but obviously the less people that know it's coming the better - I do love surprises!).

Thank you all very much in advance!

pandora21524

Rough_Rock
I think this sounds like a nice idea :) I haven't been on any of the dinner boat cruises, so I can't help you there, but I can tell you that the beach won't be very crowded later in the evening. If you want to find a more deserted stretch of beach, you should try walking toward Diamond Head. Queen's beach (which is in front of the zoo) is pretty much always less crowded than other stretches of Waikiki. And yes, there are torches on the beach, although not everywhere. I think you're more likely to find them clustered around the piers, which is probably also where most of the people would be. So a lighted ring box might not be a terrible idea, but I've never actually seen one of those so I don't have an opinion on how nice they are.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I don't know much about waikiki but it sounds like it will be amazing no matter what you do!

Yusiro

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys! I'm going to do some more research (and see if I have to make a reservation). My concern at the moment is that, of those I've seen, all are either a buffet (no) or a fixed menu. Fixed menu would be fine, but she's a vegetarian and I'm allergic to shellfish - and all seem to be crab and steak for menu!

I may have to rethink this. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results