shape
carat
color
clarity

W.H.O. Mask Guidance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Posted this in another thread but may not be widely seen, so sharing it here as well:

Masks are not recommended for constant wear in public by healthy, non-medical workers; see below (from above link).

34C53732-92E5-4A78-B20A-3C4E2324E0E4.jpeg CB836B87-2A1D-4AAB-A6F9-3E505CD8F1F4.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Posted this in another thread as well.

The CDC is still recommending mask wearing. Dated 5/26/2020.

"

In addition, CDC also recommends that everyone wear cloth face coverings when leaving
their homes, regardless of whether they have fever or symptoms of COVID-19. This is
because of evidence that people with COVID-19 can spread the disease, even when they
don’t have any symptoms.

"

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
And as I also posted in another thread, I will not let Pricescope be a place where people weaponize public health to support political arguments on either side. This is about caring for your community, not politics. I am closing this thread after I post the actual current guidance from each site.

Current WHO evidence is here:

"Wearing a medical mask can limit the spread of certain respiratory viral diseases, including COVID-19. However, the use of a mask alone is not sufficient to provide an adequate level of protection. Other measures such as physical distancing and hand hygiene should be adopted."

Current CDC here:

"We now know from recent studies that a significant portion of individuals with coronavirus lack symptoms (“asymptomatic”) and that even those who eventually develop symptoms (“pre-symptomatic”) can transmit the virus to others before showing symptoms. This means that the virus can spread between people interacting in close proximity—for example, speaking, coughing, or sneezing—even if those people are not exhibiting symptoms. In light of this new evidence, CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies) especially in areas of significant community-based transmission."

Please, lets be better than the population at large and spend our time thinking about how we can care about this community, instead of politicizing something like public health measures. Everyone is in this together, and many people around the world are hurting for many different reasons.

I will be removing posts like this if it is clear that people are cherrypicking evidence to support political agendas. This is not helpful. BOTH AGENCIES ARE RECOMMENDING SIMILAR MEASURES.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results