shape
carat
color
clarity

VW Owners....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to report that I had a dud VW also. I had a 2001 New Beetle. I''ve had problems with the door locks, windows, airbags and other things so numerous that I can''t remember them all. My sister is driving it now and I am hoping that she''ll get a new car soon, because I don''t trust the Beetle. Its burning oil, which means that the oil level has to be monitored constantly and new oil added often. The dealship can''t figure out what the problem is, and it seems like they think its fine the way it is. Something went wrong with the cooling system last year and it was expensive to fix. I''ve gotten several letters in the mail over the years regarding various parts that were recalled. Thus, I had to make many service appointments to have the problems addressed. It was a total inconvenience.

Another thing I don''t like about VW is that its hard to fix things yourself. For example, I had to take my car in every time the headlights burned out (which was often). Other manufacturers address these problems in the owner''s manuals, allowing you to do the repairs at home. FI and I finally figured out how to change the bulbs by searching on the Internet. But even then it was an ordeal because of the car''s configuration.

Unfortunately, I don''t think I''ll ever buy a VW again.

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
I''m a little late getting in on this thread, but had to throw in my 2cents. I have a 2007 Jetta. I really enjoy the car. I got it pretty loaded with navigation/premium sound system/ipod adapter/leather so I have fun with it. I traded in from my BMW for a smaller monthly note. I do miss the Beamer though!
5.gif
Here is my only complaint: I have owned a Ford Ranger, BMW 325, BMW X3 and now the Jetta. I got all 4 brand new. Since owning the Jetta, this is the first time I have ever had to pay for an oil change/or any type of service for that matter including car washes...
7.gif
If you already pay for service for your car, then I guess it''s not a big deal, but going from NEVER having to pay for anything concerning my car (except gas), to everything really sucks! But the car itself I love!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Glad I keep checking this thread for updates! Nessvan...phew! It''s great to get a good report from a ''07 VW owner. It seems like just after car manufacturers issue a completely new model there are kinds of issues and kinks to work out. I''ve read a string of complaints about the ''06 models. So maybe they are improving by they year? I guess the key is to find a good dealer who will workl with you if you have problems.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results