clarity

Vote Swapping

siv1

Shiny_Rock
Have you heard of it?

What do you think of it?

Would you do it?

How legal is it?

I live in a swing state. If I was voting for a third party candidate, someone from a state.... such as CA who is always Democratic.... could ask me to "swap votes" with them. Therefore, they would vote the third party candidate, and I would vote for their candidate of choice to give that candidate more of a chance to win my state.

I think it SHOULD be illegal and participants should be punished. When this happens, the STATE is not picking who it wants.

What are your thoughts?

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think vote swapping is incredibly shady and immoral personally and would never do it. I want HC to win more than anyone, but not at the cost of a fair election.

I know there are a few websites that exist to help people match up to a vote swap and I think those should be taken down.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I read about it the other day.
It feels shady for a reason. Because it is.

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Agree. Shady. But what is the assurance that the other person would vote for who they were supposed to vote for according to the swap? What's to keep someone for just getting you to change your vote in your state?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
siv1|1478638842|4095367 said:
Have you heard of it?

What do you think of it?

Would you do it?

How legal is it?

I live in a swing state. If I was voting for a third party candidate, someone from a state.... such as CA who is always Democratic.... could ask me to "swap votes" with them. Therefore, they would vote the third party candidate, and I would vote for their candidate of choice to give that candidate more of a chance to win my state.

I think it SHOULD be illegal and participants should be punished. When this happens, the STATE is not picking who it wants.

What are your thoughts?

There's no way to verify how someone else votes.
So, you gonna just trust someone slimy enough to agree to this?
Good luck with that. :roll:

Them's my thoughts.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results