shape
carat
color
clarity

Volcanic Ash and Honeymoon Plans

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
Hey all,
I''m afraid I havent had much of a chance to post for several months, but I have been reading and catching up on everyone''s plans. Looks like a lot of exciting planning has taken place. My FI and i have been working a lot on our last minute plans and everything seems to be coming into place perfectly...except for one thing... our honeymoon!

We''re getting married in 19 days, and it looks like Ireland (our HM destination) is having flights disrupted again due to the winds sending ash over the Isles. FI has not gotten travel insurance yet and I asked him what we should do if we can''t go to Ireland. He suggested that we''d cancel our flights postpone our honeymoon until a later date and he would plan to go back to work... so not romantic at all!!!! :) While that may be fine for him, I work a shift schedule and it''s harder for my supervisors to change my schedule (he''s an engineer, he has more time off allotted and can mark it on the calendar whenever he wants, depending upon project due dates). I was allotted more time off because I let them know from the day they hired me that I had these honeymoon arrangements and my manager has gone above and beyond to get extra time off for me. If we change plans, I don''t know if I can get it back again.

Anyways, I guess I''m just wondering if any of you are in a similar situation, or what you would do if your honeymoon plans might be interupted abruptly by weather?
Thank you!

beltane

Shiny_Rock
I''m in the same boat! Our honeymoon is Ireland too and we fly over *hopefully* on the 17th. We haven''t even considered other options... I guess we need to sit down. Who on earth could have predicted something as bizarre as a volcano disrupting honeymoon plans???

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, I''m so sorry, ladies! That''s really awful!

We were in Jamaica for our honeymoon. There was a couple there from England (on vacation- not honeymoon) but they had been there for 2 weeks and didn''t now when they could get back! Crazy!

So, you may want to consider- if you if you ARE able to get to Ireland, you may not be able to get HOME, depending.

beltane

Shiny_Rock
Not getting home is fine with us... LOL! We have family there and would simply bunk-in for the long haul. I just want to GET there. The airports in Ireland are closed again today. Oh boy... I hope this clears up!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully, it will clear up soon. Most of the airports are operating now in other parts of Europe, so if necessary you can probably find an alternate route.

Amanda.Rx, where did you go on your honeymoon? My fiance is interested in Jamaica....

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our airspace reopened earlier today so hopefully it will stay open. Although Northern Ireland airspace will be closed tonight.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results