shape
carat
color
clarity

Visiting California...any great jewellery shops I can visit?

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, I'd love some recommendations for fabulous jewellery shops to visit when I'm in California for the first time ever. I'd like to see pre-loved stuff as well as top end and just great craftsman independents. It would be good if they have lovely window displays as I'm sure my DH won't want to go into every one..unlike me!!
We will be in San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles and San Diego, bit of a road trip and so exciting for us.
Thanks

cookiebuttermonster

Rough_Rock
Re: Visiting California...any great jewellery shops I can vi

Well there is SingleStone in LA if vintage/antique floats your boat. And I believe Van Craeynest is up in the Bay area.

Are you traveling out here soon? It's a beautiful time of year right now, we've just had a decent amount of rain and things are actually green for once. :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Langs in San Francisco. Shrieve.

In Campbell, Joe Esocbar.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

Van Craeynest is actually in the Inland Empire (Redlands) and they have a second location in Palm Springs now.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium

H. Moradi in La Jolla (San Diego)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Resonance.Of.Life|1458283631|4007202 said:
Van Craeynest is actually in the Inland Empire (Redlands) and they have a second location in Palm Springs now.

ROL:

I just google this information you posted but found nothing. Do you know where they are located in Palm Springs?

Thanks--Sharon

Moiclaire

Rough_Rock

I recommend Mark Broumand in the jewerly district in Los Angeles. He is very creative. Good luck on your trip.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

In San Diego, Andrew and Laura Gulij at Gemfix, he has loose stones TDF *and* jewels made by several outstanding local jewelers including A-Z, who set my spessie. Google Gemfix, you'll see he's in San Diego's jewelry building, you could also visit A-Z in the same building.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The Collector, in Fallbrook (San Diego area loosely), which is Pala's jewelry store and also Bill Larson's ops.

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Apologies for not being online for a little while to thank everyone, been busy and having gadget issues yet again...happening far too often!

Thank you Cookiebuttermonster, Gypsy, Resonance.of.life, Marymm, Canuk.gal, Moiclaire and Azstonie for all the great and very kind suggestions.
I can't wait to visit, I've read about some of them on here and seen images of their work but I'd never thought that I'd ever get to see their work in person.
So while its only meant to be 'window shopping' and reconnaissance.......... :naughty: !!

Hi Cookiebuttermonster, thanks for the suggestions, we'll be visiting in May, so not long now and we're getting very excited :)

Thanks for the help.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

Oops, never came back to check this thread.

van_craeynest : "We're pleased to announce that in addition to our Redlands factory, you can now find the Van Craeynest Collection at the brand new @emersonandfarrar store on Palm Canyon Drive in the heart of Downtown Palm Springs. "

This was per their instagram account :)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Redlands is a nice stop on your way to Palm Springs. Cute downtown area. Paul Emerson is a genuinely nice man and loves to take out his gem collection and show you things he is working on. Once he knows that you know something about gems and diamonds he can talk to you about them for a long time. His store is small but he has lovely pieces and a good selection of consignments.

Last October I was able to go to Joe Escobar's store and it is pretty amazing. Leave some extra time for that one. The staff was very
very sweet to us and took time to show us everything we wanted to see. I would love to own some of the pieces I saw there. I will definitely go back.

H. Moradi is a lovely store and they actually have two. They are across the street from each other. Not to mention La Jolla is beautiful. Can't go wrong there.

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Wanted to second Lang's, in San Francisco... they have an ahhhhhmazing window, and it's right in downtown (kinda between Union Square and Chinatown) so you can easily "happen by" on foot. ;-) Doorknob-size OECs, emerald parures you could lose yourself in, utterly unaffordable but stunning. :love:

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Just thought I'd update this as we're now back from our wonderful holiday. Thank you again for all the suggestions, my DH was very obliging in shopping with me but after a good while he just couldn't take any more, so with that and general sightseeing I didn't get the chance to visit all of your kind suggestions.

We browsed in the big name stores around Beverley Hills and Rodeo Drive, lovely things but just the same as in most big cities. I saw some lovely pre-loved pieces in a place called The Dino Collection and we saw some incredibly huge gems just off Rodeo Drive, (sorry can't remember the name) they were SO large that I had to doubt their status as genuine..but they were!
I've got a photo of the window and one Emerald and Diamond necklace that my DH liked was in the region of $1.28 million!! That's a large house or three here...!

In La Jolla, I fell in love with Moradi... what an amazing place and the jewellery is unbelievable. There were two (affordable :naughty: ) pieces I seriously loved and I didn't want to take off, we're still interested in them as I loved them so much...so I'm sorry but until we've decided I don't want to say more!!

We had limited time in San Diego itself so that sadly I didn't get to look there.

In Santa Barbara we stumbled across the Scott Gauthier shop, what great designs, this was my husbands favourite as his designs are beautiful, fluid and yet so different, DH gets fed up looking at all the traditional stuff we tend see everywhere. I tried on an enormous statement piece Aquamarine and diamond ring..far too big for me but it was quiet in the store and the lady was happy to show it to us. Think it was over 10cts, about 3cms by 2.5cms if my memory is correct...amazing colour and clarity, slightly more green than I expected.

We were in San Francisco for a limited time and on their Bay-Breakers running day but annoyingly Langs was actually closed and so after walking there and getting excited, I was mightily frustrated!

I had a great time and have fallen in love with La Jolla..beaches, coves and jewellery...what more could one want :)

Thanks for all your kind help, I'll have to try for the other jewellery designers..next time :appl:

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Some photos of the large delights in the windows of the jewellery store just off Rodeo Drive. Apologies for the quality due to reflections etc. I do hope it's ok posting these. I'll try and find its name.

_3932.jpeg

_3933.jpeg

_3934.jpeg

_3935.jpeg

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thank you Luv2sparkle and evergreen, such great recommendations and some for my next visit :)
Moradi was great and they were so nice and friendly too.
I really wish I'd seen Langs...wow OEC doorknobs and Emerald Parures.
Thank you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results