color
clarity

Visit to H. Moradi Jewels in La Jolla, CA: Pic Heavy

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
december-fire|1474207162|4078040 said:
azstonie|1474140572|4077786 said:
LOL, this ring is The Big Kahuna of Filigree :lol: I have long fingers and if it had been sized it would have made a big pointer finger statement ring for me. They should have tried to sell it to me, I might have pulled the trigger!

Jewellery and weapon all in one! Love it! :appl:

Make a fist and you can take out an attacker's eye with The Big Kahuna!

Thanks for sharing your visit and the photos with us!

Bwahahaha I had the same thought, "You could HURT someone with this ring!"

My pleasure! They have one amazeballs inventory on hand.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1474206363|4078034 said:
azstonie|1474143254|4077828 said:
Finished! I hope you enjoyed the bling **** :lol: :D :wavey:

that was truly magnificent! thank you.

My pleasure and give them a whirl should you be in their 'hood someday, you cannot beat their inventory :sun: or lunch across the street on the cove.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1474216905|4078081 said:
madelise|1474187826|4077989 said:
??? How were they apathetic towards you when they pulled out so many pieces for you to try on? I thought they were very friendly when I went, since most jewelers wont just pull out Abby ch of stuff for you to freely play with. I hope Serena still works there. She was a doll to me.

I hope you and your DH enjoy San Diego. La Jolla is one of the prettiest places in Southern CA.

Hi Madelise, and another shout out to your amazing thread on your recent wedding :appl:

I debated whether or not to respond to you on this. Frankly, apathetic is the least negative way to describe their sales approach during my experience there. I dug deep for that "apathy" and I did it in case they were having a bad day for some reason in their shops. I myself did point out that they pulled out each and every piece I inquired after. I said they were polite. The only time I was offered a piece were two dogs (poor quality colored gem stones in wonky settings) out of the 70% Off cases. I wasn't sure if I should be insulted (Why would they think I would buy one of those, I'm a GIA grad, which I mentioned in my phone call to describe the kind of jewels I would be interested in buying---and I had on my person several top quality jewels, which should have been enough to demonstrate what I would buy.)

My experience with H. Moradi is only mine, but it *is* mine. Calling people out for their experience with jewelry sales is the reason a lot of peeps around here do not post negative material, including me. I did call in advance, at Serena's request, and gave my search parameters. When I got there at the appointed time, nothing ready, no acknowledgement of our call the week prior, just nothing on their parts. Ergo "apathy." I was dressed up with hair and makeup done (not always my beach vacation priority), freshly showered, :lol: , wearing a good amount of money in quality jewels on my person and in my jewelry pouch to look for companion pieces for. I was also polite and friendly to them and openly laudatory about their many jewels of quality and beauty. I put a good energy out while I was there and I just got 0 in return from them. So me and my wallet gave up and went to lunch :lol:

I love southern California too, raised there, graduated from USC so Laguna Beach is my ideal of beachy beauty.

FWIW I've been to H. Moradi quite a few times and have met with the same apathy each and every time. At least twice I was there intending to purchase something that caught my eye on their site (as long as it measured up in person) and both of those times it took too much work on my part to get a modicum of assistance. Once I was the only customer in the store; the other time, there was just one other person. Like you, azstonie, I decided the item(s) I was considering at H. Moradi were not special enough in quality or pricing to offset the poor customer service experience.

That said, I do love these threads of jewelry store visits loaded with pics, so thank you for the eye candy, azstonie!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marymm|1474217967|4078091 said:
??? How were they apathetic towards you when they pulled out so many pieces for you to try on? I thought they were very friendly when I went, since most jewelers wont just pull out Abby ch of stuff for you to freely play with. I hope Serena still works there. She was a doll to me.

I hope you and your DH enjoy San Diego. La Jolla is one of the prettiest places in Southern CA.

Hi Madelise, and another shout out to your amazing thread on your recent wedding :appl:

I debated whether or not to respond to you on this. Frankly, apathetic is the least negative way to describe their sales approach during my experience there. I dug deep for that "apathy" and I did it in case they were having a bad day for some reason in their shops. I myself did point out that they pulled out each and every piece I inquired after. I said they were polite. The only time I was offered a piece were two dogs (poor quality colored gem stones in wonky settings) out of the 70% Off cases. I wasn't sure if I should be insulted (Why would they think I would buy one of those, I'm a GIA grad, which I mentioned in my phone call to describe the kind of jewels I would be interested in buying---and I had on my person several top quality jewels, which should have been enough to demonstrate what I would buy.)

My experience with H. Moradi is only mine, but it *is* mine. Calling people out for their experience with jewelry sales is the reason a lot of peeps around here do not post negative material, including me. I did call in advance, at Serena's request, and gave my search parameters. When I got there at the appointed time, nothing ready, no acknowledgement of our call the week prior, just nothing on their parts. Ergo "apathy." I was dressed up with hair and makeup done (not always my beach vacation priority), freshly showered, :lol: , wearing a good amount of money in quality jewels on my person and in my jewelry pouch to look for companion pieces for. I was also polite and friendly to them and openly laudatory about their many jewels of quality and beauty. I put a good energy out while I was there and I just got 0 in return from them. So me and my wallet gave up and went to lunch :lol:

I love southern California too, raised there, graduated from USC so Laguna Beach is my ideal of beachy beauty.

FWIW I've been to H. Moradi quite a few times and have met with the same apathy each and every time. At least twice I was there intending to purchase something that caught my eye on their site (as long as it measured up in person) and both of those times it took too much work on my part to get a modicum of assistance. Once I was the only customer in the store; the other time, there was just one other person. Like you, azstonie, I decided the item(s) I was considering at H. Moradi were not special enough in quality or pricing to offset the poor customer service experience.

That said, I do love these threads of jewelry store visits loaded with pics, so thank you for the eye candy, azstonie!

Hi Marymm and thank you for the shout out :wavey:

My DH and I were the only people in the shop/s so I was kind of taken aback at the lack of interest in us as potential buyers. I've worked retail in my youth and I always thought it was better to have SOMEONE interested in your wares as opposed to no one in the place at all.

Its funny, in my youth (20s) if I got little to no sales assistance while shopping I would think "Well, they don't think I can afford their merchandise." Now that I'm 57 I think "Really? I'm not young but I've got a walletful of $!"

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1474219040|4078094 said:
marymm|1474217967|4078091 said:

Hi Marymm and thank you for the shout out :wavey:

My DH and I were the only people in the shop/s so I was kind of taken aback at the lack of interest in us as potential buyers. I've worked retail in my youth and I always thought it was better to have SOMEONE interested in your wares as opposed to no one in the place at all.

Its funny, in my youth (20s) if I got little to no sales assistance while shopping I would think "Well, they don't think I can afford their merchandise." Now that I'm 57 I think "Really? I'm not young but I've got a walletful of $!"

More ???

Why wouldn't you want to respond to me? I'm not "calling you out" on your experience. That is odd to perceive.

FWIW, I think it's BS that anyone should react differently to a customer (paying or visiting) depending on their appearance; I feel that is a moot point. I look amazing maybe only 1-2 days out of the week, and prefer to look like poo on the weekend, and let my skin breathe. And the weekend is the only time I have for shopping.

I'm upset that they aren't treating people well. I've recommended their shop to many on PS and off of PS in the past as a point of interest for blingy friends. I have half a mind to email them, because I don't like recommending people there if they aren't going to treat them well.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Azstonie, I am sorry that your experience was not so great at Moradi's. I usually love going to their stores. Last time I was there they had another store across the street. I am not usually looking to purchase anything, I am just a window shopper. A day at the beach, and a little sparklie bling, and lunch out is a perfect day for me. We usually stop at the Beachcomber Cafe. It sounds like it was a fun day for you anyway.

BTW's- my daughter just moved to Rio Rico, AZ. Out in the middle of nowhere!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Luv2, hi! Thanks for recommending the Beachcomber Cafe, I'll try it next time :sun:

I did enjoy the bling, I want to try the estate shop also on Prospect, it was pretty lively in there. We were just out of time by then.

I know Rio Rico, went to lunch and brunch there many, many times when my parents lived in Green Valley. Go to Tubac when you visit your daughter, and there are some pretty nice furniture and house accessories places just across the border in Nogales, Mexico. Try not to drive there, park in one of the lots on the US side and walk or cab over. Montura has some good food and golf and I think that area is close to where Paul and Linda McCartney had a place... I hope you have good visits!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow totally missed this thread. Kristie, you saw a TON of stuff. Whatev about the customer service. Their loss. You got to eye and touch a ton of gorgeous jewelry. Stores who don't want your business crack me up. I love going in there and asking to see their pieces. And when they look like they are doing you a huge favor, I purposely don't leave and ask to see more pieces. In the end, I could buy a decent amount of jewelry if I decided my kids don't need to go to college. But that just isn't my priority.

Thank you for all the great pics and the commentary. Love that. I do love that rose quartz. I'm a huge fan of quartz, especially after seeing the over priced pieces at H. Stern. I know. I know. Way overpriced. But some of their pieces have such attitude.

I'm still planning on you coming to SF and if Gypsy's free, we gotta go irritate some fancy stores! I'm thinking Graff. :lol: I'll show up in my running shoes and backpack!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1474348704|4078685 said:
Wow totally missed this thread. Kristie, you saw a TON of stuff. Whatev about the customer service. Their loss. You got to eye and touch a ton of gorgeous jewelry. Stores who don't want your business crack me up. I love going in there and asking to see their pieces. And when they look like they are doing you a huge favor, I purposely don't leave and ask to see more pieces. In the end, I could buy a decent amount of jewelry if I decided my kids don't need to go to college. But that just isn't my priority.

Thank you for all the great pics and the commentary. Love that. I do love that rose quartz. I'm a huge fan of quartz, especially after seeing the over priced pieces at H. Stern. I know. I know. Way overpriced. But some of their pieces have such attitude.

I'm still planning on you coming to SF and if Gypsy's free, we gotta go irritate some fancy stores! I'm thinking Graff. :lol: I'll show up in my running shoes and backpack!

LOL, I'll wear one of my Target specials bwahahahahaha!!

Calliecake had a good experience at Moradi trying on doorknocker diamond rings.

That rose quartz ring was beautiful.

I'm planning on SF and it'd be great to rope Gypsy into my visit too!!!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1474140813|4077789 said:
Here is an OEC, finally :bigsmile: Its a little under 5 ct, I believe. I was surprised to see all the blue in this pic. I didn't see that under the shop lights. It was very lively, lots of scint of pastel colors. I liked the crown-style setting. Side shot of basket up next.

Thank you for the pictures, they are gorgeous! And I especially like this one :love:

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
What fun! I really love the sapphire and diamond eternity ring. And your peridot ring, really pretty.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AnnaH|1474410462|4079006 said:
What fun! I really love the sapphire and diamond eternity ring. And your peridot ring, really pretty.

Hi Anna :wavey: and thank you for the peridot love!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, thank you for the fabulous pictures. Definitely a LOT of bling **** there. I love that 5 carat OEC diamond and the EC and sapphires and emeralds - okay a lot of it was gorgeous. Your descriptions were great too. Thanks for sharing. :wavey: :wavey:

Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
woo hoo! and thanks!
perfect thread for a rainy day.
Or any other day.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1474259077|4078257 said:
Luv2, hi! Thanks for recommending the Beachcomber Cafe, I'll try it next time :sun:

I did enjoy the bling, I want to try the estate shop also on Prospect, it was pretty lively in there. We were just out of time by then.

I know Rio Rico, went to lunch and brunch there many, many times when my parents lived in Green Valley. Go to Tubac when you visit your daughter, and there are some pretty nice furniture and house accessories places just across the border in Nogales, Mexico. Try not to drive there, park in one of the lots on the US side and walk or cab over. Montura has some good food and golf and I think that area is close to where Paul and Linda McCartney had a place... I hope you have good visits!!

Go early to the Beachcomber and wear comfy shoes. It is a hike down to the beach if you don't catch the shuttle, but it sits right on the beach. It is a lovely spot.

We ordered lunch from a little restaurant in Tubac and it was pretty good. I loved the little market in town. My son in law is a golf pro so he is hoping to get a job at the Tubac golf course. He ran the other course before it was sold and he came back to CA for a few months and got in touch with my daughter. We only got to stay a day when we helped them move down but I am looking forward to exploring the area.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results