shape
carat
color
clarity

Sold Vintage salmon coral - 12" strand, graduating 7.5mm to 5.5mm

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Project beads? ::)

Confirmed calcium carbonate. Don't let any acids sit on these - even something as mild as lemon juice or apple cider vinegar will eat away at them!
Growth bands visible on close inspection.
Undyed.
Age unknown (my old jeweller's eyeball guess was 40s-60s, but I've not had it professionally appraised).
As is common with natural beads drilled decades ago, the ends are slightly flattened, not all beads are perfectly round, and some have some porosity and other surface features.
The surface polish is somewhat worn, and some of the beads show some crazing - I'm guessing this strand was stored somewhere dry for a long time. Beads are stable (I wear a bracelet of these a couple times a week with no problems).
The colour is reasonably "splotchy" (which I personally prefer, but actually reduces value - even coloration is considered ideal).

I paid $620 for this 18" strand in 2014. Many vendors would probably happily label these “angel skin”, but to my eyes these beads are more peachy than true angel skin coloured coral, which IMO should be a very pale pink with barely a hint of orange.
I've cannibalized the biggest 6" of this strand, leaving the smaller 12" unusused.

I'm asking $205.
Shipping included within the US.
LT: https://loupetroop.com/listings/other/contact-for-yssie

- - - - - - - - - -

CORAL1.png

CORAL2.png

CORAL3.png

CORAL4.png

CORAL5.png

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Motivated to rehome and open to offers! :))

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are spoken for!
Reporting thread :))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results