shape
carat
color
clarity

vintage glam autumn city wedding

chatbandit

Shiny_Rock
Hey all!

Thrilled to join your ranks and be a bride-to-be! Am I the only one who is more excited than daunted for wedding planning? I'm starting my own business at the moment so the distraction feels welcome! :) plus, I'm super organized and will just take it one step at a time! So far, here's some of my inspirations linked below!

My style icons are Lana Del Rey and Priscilla Presley! obsessed with both of them and hoping to find or have a custom long antique lace dress made-- empire waist, a-line, a sweetheart neckline slip underneath! plan on wearing a flower crown + some sort of veil -- not sure how to connect them!

as far as venues, I'm a bit lost but we're hoping to find a place that can be intimate but not crowded for our 120-ish guests. We'd love a major city skyline view. Something urban but cozy with vintage glam touches. Perhaps a hotel? We love the Thompson or the Ace. We'll need to do some research. We prefer long tables for their vintage formality and communal warmth-- more blending of people?

Probably will make the color emerald green? Hoping it'll evolve organically from there!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi :wavey:

Congratulations on your engagement!

I was super excited for planning! It wasn't until the last couple of months that I was daunted :bigsmile:

I love your inspirations!

For your flower/crown/veil, you should check with either the place that makes your dress if you go custom or with whoever does your fittings. The lady who did my alterations had the perfect veil to go with my dress but she was also able to do anything custom too.

Your ring is gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:
I just saw this amazing picture off to the side of my screen and clicked to see more! Stunning!

chatbandit

Shiny_Rock
thanks, TooPatient-- good tip on the custom veils! I'm completely going to use it.

My goal for this weekend is to start talking to wedding planners -- I've been surprised at how far in advance everything books up so we'll see.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of stuff does book way far out. Some days (10/31, 2/14, or 12/13/14 etc) book up even sooner and can cost lots more too.
Some of this depends on the area you live and the date you're looking for.

Do you have a date picked?
If the exact date is not too important, you can sometimes work with the venue to get a discount. Some places count Sunday as "weekday" so it costs a lot less. You may also find that by shifting one week either direction you'll fall "off season" (that saved us around $4,000 just at the venue).

What city are you getting married in?

chatbandit

Shiny_Rock
Good points.

NYC! We live here and much of our friends and family do too. But it's so competitive to find a place!

Looking at October. Hard to say when. Mostly hoping for any Saturday venues are free that month. Hotels and loft spaces mostly!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
October is a great time! (not that I'm biased :bigsmile: )
You'll find the cut off for "peak" and "off peak" is right around there. If you can schedule for off peak that could be a BIG savings for your budget.

NYC is beautiful! I can see why you want a city skyline location :love:

chatbandit

Shiny_Rock
getting discouraged at how far in advance most places require. starting to look at different off-the-beaten path places. sigh! :nono:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you looking for October 2014?

Don't get discouraged!
You should still have lots of great options open. Some of the off-beat places are the best!

If you have a favorite venue, you could ask them if they have any weekday evenings available. I know weekend is more convenient for a lot of people, but if you're doing local it might not be an issue.

Rebecca0388

Rough_Rock
I was the same, we started looking at venues and churches about a month ago. Because we had a specific date in mind our anniversary (Sept 14) i was surprised at how many places were already booked out!

2 Churches i initially wanted were already booked as well as several reception venues. I had to keep telling myself not to get emotionally attached to places before i found out if they were even available!

But then i found both the church and venue that i loved, they are also about 10 minute walk from each other so i booked it straight away. I just look at it as is it wasnt meant to be with those other venues :)

I love your inspiration, its similar to mine. Have you seen Anna Campbell dresses? I am going to try on some in January it sounds similar to what you are describing. I am pretty sure she is in the US as well.

http://www.annacampbell.com.au/home/4578892943

chatbandit

Shiny_Rock
Update! We have a location and date! OCT 11 @ LE PARKER MERIDIEN here in NYC. In fact it's just a few short blocks from the diamond district....heh!

It was an arduous process but contracts are signed and now we are set!!

chatbandit

Shiny_Rock
Rebecca-- those dresses are lovely! Your nearby church and reception venue find is uncanny. Makes it all feel a touch sparkly and magical doesn't it?! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results