shape
carat
color
clarity

Vietnam Memorial Wall defaced.. media ignores it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shameful.
38.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just terrible! The Vietnam generation went through so much. You would think we would be past this. I hope the damage is not permanent.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
This makes me sick.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
This is sad that Americans have such disrespect to defame a memorial of those who gave so much to our county.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Disgusting!!!! I lost many classmates in that awful war!!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
That is very sad to see.

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
I''m soooo heartbroken to see this. Tears are just streaming down my face... it angers me that someone could possibly think to do such a thing...

ughh..
38.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The story has been on the radio here in Virginia (the metropolitan Washington, DC area). Officials believe it can be cleaned up. They do not know how it got there or if it was deliberate (officially, at least). It is being called "an oily substance". WTOP, the news radio station here, has the story up on its website.

The Story on WTOP's Website

Deborah
34.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know... doesn''t really look like intentional vandalism to me. I''m betting it''s some sort of cleaning fluid accident. Not everything has to be a "violent attack". I think we''re far too quick to judge things in this country. I bet they can fix the damage. The park service is quite good at what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results