shape
carat
color
clarity

Video?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
Are any of you having a videographer at your wedding? I haven''t decided whether it''s going to be just an extra expense or something I will really enjoy years down the road. Thoughts?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I had my BIL videotape the ceremony and that is all I cared about.

We did not pay a professional videographer to do the entire night. We were personally more interested in getting great pictures, than splitting our budget and taking the chance of getting mediocre of both.

ETA: I know people that LOVE theirs. I just depends on what is important, cost and/or memory wise, to you.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Sooooooo worth it. This is always a discussion. My personal viewpoint is that our day went by so fast I can not to re-live it again when we get the video. I don''t think we will watch it all the time however I know that I am looking forward to having it. So, once I get it I''ll tell you if I still feel the same way. I do not think its worth it to go get a decked out fancy video (they are out there) but I do think the video is worth it. Hope that helps.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
We decided to skip it just because of the extra expense and we're already splurging on some other things. If I had an unlimited budget though, I would definitely do it though. I think it would be nice to have that forever, but guess I'll have to rely on my fuzzy memories
2.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
We are skipping hiring someone, however I have always shot short 2-3 min. snippets of things like the first dance, father/daughter dance, the kiss during the ceremony on my digital camera and sent them. I like the snippet idea, because I don''t think we''d watch the whole thing.

My idea is to give the groomsmen a small digital camcorder for their gift (watch for them on sale black friday! I''ve seen offers for them marked down to $30 at places like Best Buy) with the intent that they''ll do a little here and there and we can edit them together after the fact.

Not the best for the ceremony, but you could easily give to another guest perhaps? Definitely waaay less expense.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I love mine. It is so neat to see everything set to music and makes me cry all over again. I got to see things like DH taking photos before the ceremony that I wasn''t a part of and he got to see me getting ready. I love my video and am so happy we did it.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I decided to pay for a videographer. Firstly I thought our parents would really love having that. Secondly, I really wanted to capture more than just images, e.g. I wanted to hear us saying our vows, I wanted to hear the speeches again, etc. So that''s why I budgeted for a videographer. It''s really a personal choice, my husband puts more weight on photography than video.

As an aside: Our videographer actually missed our first look because I forgot he was behind us, but we got it on photos, so I guess it''s OK.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
If you don''t have a video, how can you have lasting evidence of your 12 year old sister advising that if you get divorced, make sure you get the house?

Yep, I''m still getting made fun of for that one now more than a decade later...

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
That would be a hell no... Watching myself on video makes me profoundly uncomfortable. But that''s just me.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Meresal. We are having a friend video the ceremony just so we can upload it for those who can''t make it to the wedding. I didn''t want to spend more $$$ on a video, we put our money into photography.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results