shape
carat
color
clarity

Victoria''s Secret Clothing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

smiles

Shiny_Rock
Hi!
I often see dresses and tops I like on the Victoria''s Secret website and am wondering if anyone has any opinions on their clothing. I often want to order something but since I am in Canada and therefore have to add about $60 extra to every order I always decide it is not worth it, especially in terms of not getting the right size and having to pay to ship it back out.
So I guess I am wondering:
If you do own VS clothing do you like it? Does it fit ltrue to size? Do you find if you are in between 2 sizes it is better to order up or down?

Now that my sister is in the States and I can ship to her house I am considering placing an order. That said it has to be perfect since there will be a big tima gap by the time I receive it and therefore will not be able to return it!

Any info would help!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
VS catalogue clothes are terrible! Nothing fits true to size. . .if you order all the same size shirts, some will come too big and others too small. It''s super frustrating. On top of that, the quality isn''t very good.

I''ve ordered two or three times and then never again! The only items I''ve ever kept have been the undies.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I have ordered quite a bit from them. I order a lot of dress pants from them because they have long inseams (I''m 5''10")and fit me perfectly. I am a teacher so I don''t want to wear super expensive stuff to work, but want to look professional. I would say they run true to size, but if you''re in-between go down one size.

As for their tops, sizing is all over the place. I have found that I typically have to order down at least one size for tops. I typically just don''t order tops and stick with pants. HTH!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I had jeans and a silk skirt and both ran small in size. I really loved those jeans though!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 4:19:45 PM
Author: MC
VS catalogue clothes are terrible! Nothing fits true to size. . .if you order all the same size shirts, some will come too big and others too small. It''s super frustrating. On top of that, the quality isn''t very good.

I''ve ordered two or three times and then never again! The only items I''ve ever kept have been the undies.

I agree- I''ve never been happy with clothes I''ve ordered from VS. It''s a bummer, too, because they have some cute stuff.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to order stuff from them ALL the time when I was in highschool/college. I was ALWAYS happy with the clothes. I have bought dresses, sweaters (I heart sweaters), shorts, pants, and shirts...I can''t think of anything I returned but the quality might be different now.

smiles

Shiny_Rock
so pretty much those were not convincing enough reviews for me to plunk down money so THANK YOU fo saving me about $115!!!!
9.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Aw I was just gonna say I really like their tops (not the bra-top ones though). Mostly the tanks and t-shirts. I also really like their swimsuits too, but not a big fan of their skirts (I''ve never ordered pants from them). I LOVE their yoga pants though (the foldover ones)

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t ordered from them in years, but when I did, I was usually disappointed because the tops seemed too short for me. I have a longer torso, and the cut of the clothing was never very flattering (though cute on the models, of course!).

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 1:13:19 AM
Author: jsm
I haven''t ordered from them in years, but when I did, I was usually disappointed because the tops seemed too short for me. I have a longer torso, and the cut of the clothing was never very flattering (though cute on the models, of course!).

You know that''s the thing I don''t like about ordering from VS - I always keep thinking some of these (esp. when ordering swimsuits) would look better on me if I had the models''....uh....assets... lol. Inferiority complex here I come!
3.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I order VS clothing a few times a year and what I end up keeping I am very happy with. Some items run small and some are slightly large, no worse that other catelogs. That being said, I ALWAYS return over half of what I order. I just expect to return at least half because of fit issues. Quality is medium I would say and I often shop their clearance or make use of coupons, so it''s fine for the price. I wouldn''t buy their clothes at the top price, only the sale prices. Since you are in Canada, I probably wouldn''t order given the return issues if I were personally in your situation.

Itgirl76

Shiny_Rock
8.gif
The quality of the clothing items I have ordered there are sooo bad...I have returned everything. It reminds me a little of teenage store quality items...nothing ever fits right either.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 11:28:13 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Aw I was just gonna say I really like their tops (not the bra-top ones though). Mostly the tanks and t-shirts. I also really like their swimsuits too, but not a big fan of their skirts (I''ve never ordered pants from them). I LOVE their yoga pants though (the foldover ones)

Oh, yes, I forgot about all the yoga pants I have!! I LOVE their yoga pants! They offer them in longer inseams as well. It''s hard to find yoga pants that aren''t flood pants on me!!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I have gotten their boat neck long sleeve t-shirts and I love them. I need to get a few more! I hate to pay full price so I will only buy them on sale, though [I think I paid $15 each].

I also have a pair of cargo capri pants. They are very cute and fit me well. I also paid very little for them [sale - under $20, I think].

I have not had an issue with their sizing [S on the t-shirts and 4 on the pants - which is usually where I am sizewise].

smiles

Shiny_Rock
I wish I could order now to see for myself but I am not sure I can justify $60 on shipping and taxes to then return some or all of it. I wish you could buy the clothes in the store!

Not sure if it makes a difference but I am mainly looking at dresses - my concern here is that my top is the on the large side of XS and my bottom is the smaller size of small so I dont want it to not fit in the hips but also don''t want it to be baggy in the top!!
7.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Half my closet is VS. I hate malls with a passion so I online order everything. I''m with Burk, I love love love their pants and they fit true to size for me in a 2 and 34" inseam. I wear them constantly!
I do order shirts, and will say that they vary more. if it''s a tight fitting shirt I go with S, if it''s looser I go with xs... usually Smalls though. (I have a large chest for my size)
Their dresses are my fav though! I live in them. they make great bratop dresses. I actually just got this one in the mail last night and I love it... http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=CJ-195747&page=1&cgname=OSCLODRSBRA&rfnbr=4618

this is another fav that I have in 3 colors! http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=CJ-210141&page=1&cgname=OSCLODRSBRA&rfnbr=4618

and I just got this one, and It''s now my fav dress in my closet. http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=CJ-229395&page=1&cgname=OSCLODRSBLK&rfnbr=3198

I also love their suits. So yah... can ya tell I love VS? LOL

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ll have to try their pants, because I''m 5''10" like Burk! I''ve ordered several things from them clothing-wise over the past few years and have been pleased. I have a few of their cotton rib knit sweaters and those have not only held up well, they ran true to size and were long enough for me. I''ve also purchased swimwear from them, which I found was NOT true to size. I usually wear a large bottom and the medium was even too big for my booty!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 11:10:16 AM
Author: monarch64
I''ll have to try their pants, because I''m 5''10'' like Burk! I''ve ordered several things from them clothing-wise over the past few years and have been pleased. I have a few of their cotton rib knit sweaters and those have not only held up well, they ran true to size and were long enough for me. I''ve also purchased swimwear from them, which I found was NOT true to size. I usually wear a large bottom and the medium was even too big for my booty!
Monarch I agree about the bathing suits, and I forgot to mention that. I normally wear Small top and xs bottom, and I can''t there. everything has to go up one size in the suits.

smiles

Shiny_Rock
Crooked Rock: question - the second dress is one I have loved for so long! How was the sizing/fit?

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 11:45:41 AM
Author: smiles
Crooked Rock: question - the second dress is one I have loved for so long! How was the sizing/fit?
Pretty true to the pic. Kinda snug, but if you wanted it looser I would just go up a size. Mine are Smalls. It really is my fav. I''m waiting for them to go on sale again so I can get the other colors.

smiles

Shiny_Rock
Crooked Rock - You don''t have to answer this if you are uncomfortable I was jsut wondering if your Small measurements are in line with the size chart - are you the smaller of the small size or the larger? I am unsure on whether I would be Small or XS in their stuff...

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 11:10:16 AM
Author: monarch64
I''ll have to try their pants, because I''m 5''10'' like Burk! I''ve ordered several things from them clothing-wise over the past few years and have been pleased. I have a few of their cotton rib knit sweaters and those have not only held up well, they ran true to size and were long enough for me. I''ve also purchased swimwear from them, which I found was NOT true to size. I usually wear a large bottom and the medium was even too big for my booty!

Yes, do! I recommend them to all my tall friends!
2.gif
9.gif

Crooked~I have the second dress you posted. Love it!!

Also wanted to mention that I''ve had really good luck with their customer service. A couple months back I ordered a pair of dress pants (probably my 10th pair) and when I got them they were tight. I called CS and told them I have ordered from them numerous times and have always been a "6." They said it was probably just a fluke pair that were sized wrong and credited me to ship them back and then shipped me a new pair in the same size. Sure enough, the new size 6''s fit perfectly.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 1:31:04 PM
Author: smiles
Crooked Rock - You don''t have to answer this if you are uncomfortable I was jsut wondering if your Small measurements are in line with the size chart - are you the smaller of the small size or the larger? I am unsure on whether I would be Small or XS in their stuff...
haha, not uncomfortable at all. It is what it is! LOL I just looked at the size chart for the first time. I have learned through trial and error with them and never even looked at it before. Technically by their chart I shoud be a small and a size 6... hmmm.
Well I wear a 34C-D, 26 pants (I own all 2''s from VS but my closet ranges from 0-4, mostly 2''s), and I''m just over 5-7 tall but I''m a lot of legs.
I''m not sure if any of that helps but that''s what I am. I will say this about that dress. It did shrink a lil, it is cotton, so i would def want it slightly larger than smaller, so if you are nervous order a medium. It is fitted, and what I like to call boob-a-licious on me in a small. lol

smiles

Shiny_Rock
thanks crooked rock that does sort of help... if its cotton i could get a small and shrink it a bit LOL. im a little bit smaller in the ribcage/pants than you but i can tell that its probably snug!!!

Thank you sooo much!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve ordered sweaters, dresses, skirts and tops from them. The tops did seem to run shorter than I like, but I prefer my tops to go down well past my (low-rise) jeans.

I love their dresses, and their skirts. I think the quality is good, and they have been some of my most comfortable and long-lasting (style-wise) pieces.

I have one sweater I like and one I didn''t, and sent back.

I''ve found that their stuff runs a bit big, but I really don''t think that there''s any reasonable way to make that meaningful from person to person. I may think I''m a 4, but some brands I fit a 2 and some I fit a 6 or even an 8! So which ones are fitting true to size? No clue. I go by the measurements and have erred on the small size for VS, it''s worked for me in the past.

smiles

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Musey! Very helpful! I am waiting to see if my sister minds if I get it shipped to her house in the States to save me the $40.00 in sales tax!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results