shape
carat
color
clarity

Vice Signaling

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
So, I guess the opposite of virtue signaling is vice signaling, boasting about how big and bad one is.

For some reason, it brings to my mind teenagers who brag about how wasted they got lol. Any more examples or thoughts?

Last edited:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like the folks who film themselves committing a crime, and then post it on Facebook?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Or how about when you tell someone about a situation you had where you were disrespected or etc., and they say, "I'm not as nice as you. Here's what *I* would have done!" (In other words, you're a weakling whereas their bad-azz self would have immediately and effortlessly incinerated the other person). All backed up by nothing at all, naturally. Oh yeah, I AM thinking of a particular person right now but don't worry, no one who is on here lol.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I was thinking more along the lines of talking about how much I like to eat chocolate (that I shouldn't) and therefore letting it be know that I want chocolate. The same couldod be said of diamonds. Funny thing is, the other half frequently turns up with chocolate, sometimes even the posh stuff. Diamonds, nope.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Constantly needing to reaffirm to everyone how you don’t care what others think or whom you offend with your brutal honesty and principles—yet still participating in forums like these and calling people out when you are offended. Lol

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha I never heard this term before. :lol:
Yeah I am a bad a**. I just ate a LOT of ice cream. That's right. I'm bad.
I'm ICE (cream) signaling.

icecreamgalore.jpg

8)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know of someone who has bragged about how little he pays in taxes because he knows how to work the system. Is that considered a vice or just smart?

Pretty stupid IMO. He should keep his mouth shut if he is breaking the law. Just saying.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I think of references to Bonny and Clyde and all the funny heist movies such as Oceans as vice signaling. It happens in music too.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great. Now I want ice cream.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results