shape
carat
color
clarity

Very Confused

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sunshinegirl77

Rough_Rock
B and i have had a little discussion. To make a long story short. I asked him for a timeline. His response was "soon-ish" and i couldn''t get him to define "soon-ish". He incinuated(sp) that he is not ready, but yet the ring is in the house.

I am clueless on what to think here.

Any ideas?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
he has the ring, then I would be patient, no matter how antsy you get.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Men think about these things differently than we do. Mine had the ring for almost exactly one year before he proposed this weekend! My only advice is that if you love him and you can be patient, then wait until he is ready. It''s worth it!!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
fyi, according to my guy''s version of soon is
"not now, not anytime soon, more like 6-12 months" or if we are leaving "until you yell at me infront of my friends, making you look like a tool"
9.gif
its a common argument in the house

but, safe to say within the year for sure.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like he is sure you''re the one, but isn''t quite ready!

That doesn''t sound too bad to me!

susied

Rough_Rock
It would be a totally different story if he was saying "not soon" and didn''t have a ring. I think the fact he has the ring is a huge step - at least you know he intends to get married at some point. I bet that is driving you crazy, knowing he has the ring but not proposing! Good luck to you!

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
Does he act like a man who is ready (or nearly ready) to be engaged to you? Are you happy with him on an everyday level, and do you trust him?

If so, I'd let it drop and wait for him to take action. Give yourself a set timeframe after which you'll broach the subject again (say, a few months), and then make an effort not to dwell on it until then.

If you're having doubts about the relationship, that's a different story. But I hope this is just a case of needing LIW patience
2.gif

Sunshinegirl77

Rough_Rock
It is a major case of needing LIW patience!!!!!! it is getting to the point of me getting moody..

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 2:27:55 PM
Author: Sunshinegirl77
It is a major case of needing LIW patience!!!!!! it is getting to the point of me getting moody..

altho it may not SEEM like it. I swear we are probably the most patient gals ever.
Especially if we knew he had it. I swear if I knew where it was I would prance around with it on while he wasn't home (and I do mean prance... rofl)
Relax...it will come then all this waiting will melt away then get to plan your wedding,ang get to enjoy your man forever!

Sunshinegirl77

Rough_Rock
Gee, I thought I was going insane and feel guilty for when I do sneek a peek and try it on. I was almost temped to snap a couple of pics for my phone..LOL ... At least now I know I am not the only how has the thoughts of a quick try-on when he is not at home
1.gif

luckedup

Rough_Rock
I see this is a relatively old post but I have to comment - hopefully for someones benefit since it seems women are the only ones commemnting. Commenting with some pretty BAD advice on male perspective and behavior IMHO.
"Soon" means literally as soon as you quit badgering me on the subject so I can do what I already want to do anyway and not because you keep pushing me to do it!!!"
Do you WANT a coerced engagement or one from the heart ?????

My advice, keep quiet about it and it will happen. I will bet you a diamond ring
2.gif

KatM

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 12:22:18 AM
Author: jcarlylew
fyi, according to my guy''s version of soon is
''not now, not anytime soon....''

lol. so his definition of ''soon'' is, in his very own words, ''not soon.'' awesome. :D

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
jcarlylew - I just had to say my SO and your guy are on the same track with the leaving thing. I literally have to be like SO HELLO SO!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE HAVE TO GO NOW!
For instance The other night we had to pick up his little sis to spend the night.... we needed to GO and he is just jabberjabberjabberjabber to his friend. I was like WE .... HAVE....TO....GET....YOUR.....SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry just wanted to share b/c that had me in fits of laughter b/c I could relate so
10.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2009 4:29:35 AM
Author: luckedup
I see this is a relatively old post but I have to comment - hopefully for someones benefit since it seems women are the only ones commemnting. Commenting with some pretty BAD advice on male perspective and behavior IMHO.
''Soon'' means literally as soon as you quit badgering me on the subject so I can do what I already want to do anyway and not because you keep pushing me to do it!!!''
Do you WANT a coerced engagement or one from the heart ?????

My advice, keep quiet about it and it will happen. I will bet you a diamond ring
2.gif
I came in here solely to post this.

I know after speaking with many men that the more you talk about it, the more they realize it''s on your mind, and the further back his plans have to be pushed so the proposal remains a surprise. I don''t know where this notion of a big romantic surprise proposal came from, but this generation of men has run with the concept, and they HATE the feeling that their surprise/plans may be spoiled by incessant pestering.

The ring''s in the house - although you''d like for "soon" to be defined, the more you bug him about it, the further away "soon" will become. Good luck!

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
I have learned to loathe the word "soon"

29.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results