shape
carat
color
clarity

Venue Prices

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Ladies!
35.gif

We are going to start checking out venues in the next few weeks and I was hoping I could get some insight into how much it costs to rent your venue for the reception. I emailed a vendor today for and the costs were: $4500 + 5% tax and $6.15 pp for tables/chairs/lines/etc. I''ve attached a pic of the venue.

I know prices vary greatly by region, but I just wanted to get ballpark figures so we can gauge whether or not we''re getting a decent deal. Here''s the info I''m looking for:

Type of Venue (e.g. banquet hall, museum, estate, etc.):

Rental Fee:

Total Guest # (at your wedding):

Things Included in the Rental Fee (e.g. lines, chair covers, votives, etc.):

Location (city, state/province):

Thanks!!

haciendainterior1.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Without knowing where you are it is really hard to say.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 6:40:24 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
Without knowing where you are it is really hard to say.
Oops...I meant to ask if everyone wouldn''t mind sharing how THEIR rental fees...just to get an idea. I''m in Canada by the way...and I''m not planning to get married in Toronto.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Type of Venue (e.g. banquet hall, museum, estate, etc.): Hotel in downtown Seattle

Rental Fee: $1300 - but we got a kickin'' deal somehow, that''s $400 off the price! +$300 for ceremony, $350 for dance floor

Total Guest # (at your wedding): 100 or so

Things Included in the Rental Fee (e.g. lines, chair covers, votives, etc.): White or ivory linens, votives, china, glassware.

Location (city, state/province): Seattle, WA

That''s a gorgeous venue BTW!
30.gif

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock

Type of Venue (e.g. banquet hall, museum, estate, etc.): The Mansion on Main Street, wedding venue

Rental Fee: We are paying $160 pp but thats also the cuisine, so about $12,000

Total Guest # 75

Things Included in the Rental Fee (e.g. lines, chair covers, votives, etc.): 5 star 5 course meal, open bar, linens, wedding cake

Location (city, state/province): Voorhees, NJ

I love the location you choose. Its gorgeous!!!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Last I heard our venue was 2,000 but my dad is in charge of that aspect so i''m not too sure, but that''s pretty close and it''s in north dakota. plus about 22 pp for food = 4400 for food if every single last guest decides to come lol, kids plates are only 899 pp :) though so im not sure exactly, but 6400 is a good guesstimate for me

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Last I heard our venue was 2,000 but my dad is in charge of that aspect so i''m not too sure, but that''s pretty close and it''s in north dakota. plus about 22 pp for food = 4400 for food if every single last guest decides to come lol, kids plates are only 899 pp :) though so im not sure exactly, but 6400 is a good guesstimate for me

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
I REALLY love the picture you posted - it looks so romantic and intimate!

Here's my info-

Type of Venue (e.g. banquet hall, museum, estate, etc.): Private Estate/Vacation Rental (Destination Wedding)

Rental Fee: $7730 (includes cleaning fee and 11.5% tax) + ~$2000 security deposit, which is refundable.

Total Guest # (at your wedding): 50-60

Things Included in the Rental Fee (e.g. linens, chair covers, votives, etc.): Lodging for 20+ people for 4 nights. Although it is a beautiful setting (worth a lot to me!), nothing else reception-related is included. Rentals (linens, flatware, tables, chairs, etc.) are $1000 and were arranged through the caterer.

Location (city, state/province): Florida Keys

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Type of Venue (e.g. banquet hall, museum, estate, etc.): Art gallery

Rental Fee: $4300 off season/$5000 in season

Total Guest # (at your wedding): ~120 or ~140 depending if we invite his first cousins and their spouses

Things Included in the Rental Fee (e.g. lines, chair covers, votives, etc.): The space and a few gorgeous tables for food

Location (city, state/province): Philadelphia, PA

My venue isn''t all inclusive. We are hiring a separate caterer. From what I''ve seen in this area higher end catering in this area is around $50-$55 a person for a large selection of passes hors d''oeuvres, stationary displays, and a buffet/seated dinner and the bar set-up (soft drinks, juice, ice, fruit).

Sammy I really love that venue you posted! It looks really neat!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock

Type of Venue (e.g. banquet hall, museum, estate, etc.): Richard Hellman summer estate

Rental Fee: 11,000

Total Guest # (at your wedding): 175

Things Included in the Rental Fee (e.g. lines, chair covers, votives, etc.): tables, chairs, linens

Location (city, state/province): Hudson Valley, NY

Food and drink is not included in our fee as with Claire''s. Food and open bar is running about $175 per person for a full seated dinner with the cake. If you break down the rental fee and include tax and tip it comes to about $230 per person.

I''m not sure about the prices in your area but for a space like that in NYC it would be costing you a heck of a lot more.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 10:46:36 AM

I'm not sure about the prices in your area but for a space like that in NYC it would be costing you a heck of a lot more.

39.gif

The possible cost of my wedding is giving me major anxiety. Darn NYC and its exorbitant prices!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 10:56:58 AM
Author: Bia

I''m not sure about the prices in your area but for a space like that in NYC it would be costing you a heck of a lot more.

39.gif

The possible cost of my wedding is giving me major anxiety. Darn NYC and its exorbitant prices!
No kidding. Where have you looked, and where are you looking?

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, NYC is expensive. We're having our reception at a restaurant, so there's no rental fee. After tax, it'll cost about $220 per person (food + open bar).

ETA: This price includes floor-length white tablecloths, no chair covers -- and three votives per table.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 11:02:27 AM

39.gif

To say "I''ve looked" is an overstatement because I haven''t actively looked. But I have emailed a few places. I was thinking of using the New York Botanical Gardens because my school is literally across the street and I could use their beautiful chapel and grounds. I think NYBotanical is around $200-$250 (or more). I know this because my FSIL got married their two years ago.

I also like Tappan Hill in Tarrytown. Same caterer (Abigail Kirsch) but it might be a bit more pricey. Really I''m at a loss. A DW is sounding like a really, really good idea.

Your place sounds great. I''m going to google it in a few just to check it out
3.gif
since we''re in Westchester.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock

Type of Venue (e.g. banquet hall, museum, estate, etc.): historical manor turned banquet hall

Rental Fee: Umm, there is a $650 ceremony fee, and I honestly don't remember the rental fee (I'll have to check when I get home), but I think it's around $1000-15000. After that there's a per person charge of $88 (for Friday, in the smaller room). This doesn't include the nicer entrees, but does include open bar. Then there's a bunch of tax and gratuity adding on another 20% or so.

Total Guest # (at your wedding): Minimum 65. We hope to have 70-75.

Things Included in the Rental Fee (e.g. lines, chair covers, votives, etc.): linens, chair covers are extra ($2.50pp), dozen rose centerpieces in our choice of color (or for $15 per table, seasonal flower centerpieces), menus, placecards, cake (we would probably have to pay extra for a super fancy cake, but it should at least cover a normal cake to feed our number of guests), open bar, food, day of person to run around setting things up

Location (city, state/province): Beacon, NY; about 90min north of NYC on the Hudson River (I think the price is a steal for the location)

How many people do you plan on having? And I assume the prices you quoted don't include food? And btw, your venue is very cool! I love it.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 11:09:34 AM

Date: 3/19/2009 11:02:27 AM

39.gif

To say ''I''ve looked'' is an overstatement because I haven''t actively looked. But I have emailed a few places. I was thinking of using the New York Botanical Gardens because my school is literally across the street and I could use their beautiful chapel and grounds. I think NYBotanical is around $200-$250 (or more). I know this because my FSIL got married their two years ago.

I also like Tappan Hill in Tarrytown. Same caterer (Abigail Kirsch) but it might be a bit more pricey. Really I''m at a loss. A DW is sounding like a really, really good idea.

Your place sounds great. I''m going to google it in a few just to check it out
3.gif
since we''re in Westchester.
When are you looking to get married. I know my place has a few weekends open and they dropped the site fee by 5k which makes it even more apealing. Its onteora mountian house. Let me know if you want more info.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 11:29:51 AM

When are you looking to get married. I know my place has a few weekends open and they dropped the site fee by 5k which makes it even more apealing. Its onteora mountian house. Let me know if you want more info.
I just checked it out. I love the reception area w/ the floor-ceiling windows! Are you using their inn for guests too?

There are a lot of gorgeous places in the Hudson Valley area. Right now we are thinking November (maybe Dec.) 2010. That''s about all I know so far.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Sammy have you picked a date??
3.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Type of Venue (e.g. banquet hall, museum, estate, etc.):[/b] We are considering 2 at the momment one is a reno''ed warehouse and the other is a winery.

Rental Fee: warehouse - no idea yet but minimum spend is around 14k, Winery 2k to hire upstairs 1k to hire downstairs downstairs depending on numbers food, drink (no spirits) we are looking at between $145-$155p.p.

Total Guest # (at your wedding): anywhere between 80-100

Things Included in the Rental Fee (e.g. lines, chair covers, votives, etc.): table linens, plates, cutlery not a lot really.

Location (city, state/province): QLD Australia

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Ladies...thanks so much for your replies!!!

First, the venue I found and posted about is in a city that''s about 200 000 ppl and in the area which I grew up (about an hour west of Toronto). My sister called used the term ''unexpected beauty'' when I forwarded her the pics because it''s in a less-than-beautiful, close to downtown area. It''s an old building that''s been renovated with spanish architecture.
30.gif

sunnyd, holymoly lady, you did get lucky! That''s a great price for your venue...especially in a metropolitan city like Seattle. Is parking included since it''s located downtown?

smurfy, holymoly on the good deal to you too...Is your venue a hotel/banquet hall? I know you''ve mentioned it in the past, I just forget.

Inanna, your venue sounds gorgeous. Are all of your guests staying at the private estate? That would be my dream wedding...to rent out an estate and have all of my guests stay there overnight. Unfortunately there aren''t too many of these venues available where I''m from
8.gif

Claritek, I love the idea of an art gallery as a venue! I actually have some on my list to check out but I think we''re moving more towards a vintage, rustic feel. I''m assuming your venue is located in downtown Philadelphia...will parking be an issue?

em1, I think your wedding may be my dream wedding. I remember when you posted pics of your venue...my jaw dropped! It sounds like it will be a gorgeous and luxurious affair. I am very thankful that I do not have to deal with NYC prices...

Bia, ummm....you need to get your reset first before you do anything else!!!!
38.gif
3.gif
I love the idea of having a wedding in a garden...so romantic! We haven''t decided on an exact date but either late May or early June.

elrohwen, your place sounds lovely and at a pretty good price! Have you posted pics of your venue on PS? I''m going to go searching! No, the $4500 rental fee does not include food. She said it would be $65pp and we plan on having 100 guests.

Thanks again ladies! I''d love to hear from others!
1.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 12:13:46 PM
Author: sammyj

Bia, ummm....you need to get your reset first before you do anything else!!!!
38.gif
3.gif
I love the idea of having a wedding in a garden...so romantic! We haven''t decided on an exact date but either late May or early June.
I know, I''m terrible...I haven''t even posted pics of my ring in SMTR yet! I think I''m going to wait for my reset though. Maybe.
2.gif

You ladies should know, I am the world''s biggest procrastinator.
9.gif
BUT it all gets done, and gets done WELL.

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
That is a GORGEOUS venue, sammyj!

Type of Venue (e.g. banquet hall, museum, estate, etc.): Family owned Lake side manor house with choice of 3 banquet halls

Rental Fee: $500 (deducted in entirety from final payment...technically no rental fee), $33pp includes buffet & 4 hr open bar

Total Guest # (at your wedding): 150

Things Included in the Rental Fee (e.g. lines, chair covers, votives, etc.): white linen table covers, colored accent linens, flowers for card table & banquet room, a wishing well, & dance floor.

Location (city, state/province): Central New York (suburban)

Additional Fees: chair covers brought in from separate vendor ($6 pp), Cloth Napkins $0.35 pp, champagne toast $2 pp

newbie124

Brilliant_Rock
Type of Venue: A boutique hotel w/ sprawling property that backs onto a vineyard . Our ceremony will be on a lawn overlooking the vineyard and then cocktails and dinner will be on a terrace in a separate part of the property also overlooking the vineyards. Dancing will be inside a room off of the terrace.

Rental Fee: $9,000. We got this rate after a lot of negotiating and also moving our day to a Friday. Saturday rental would've been $15k, although I kind of wonder if that is still the case given the effects of the economy.

Total Guest # (at your wedding): about 50 confirmed

Things Included in the Rental Fee: 4 hotel rooms on the property the night of the wedding that generally list for around $400-500+/night (but IMO their rooms are highly overpriced for what you get), some round and rectangular tables and...that's it. Everything else has to be rented and we choose our own caterer from an approved list.

Location (city, state/province): Napa, CA (which pretty much explains all the above
40.gif
)

(Btw, sammy, your venue looks beautiful!!)

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Type of Venue (e.g. banquet hall, museum, estate, etc.): Historic mansion in a state park.

Rental Fee: $3100, but we're getting married on a peak season weekend. The rates are lower in the off-season, and MUCH lower on weekdays.

Total Guest # (at your wedding): 120-140

Things Included in the Rental Fee (e.g. lines, chair covers, votives, etc.): Use of the mansion ballroom, bridal suite, common areas, restrooms, kitchen, and parking lot. We still aren't allowed in the non-public parts of the building, though. Use of the formal gardens for the ceremony, cocktails, photos, etc. Reception tables and chairs, but they can only be used inside, so we have to rent outdoor chairs for the ceremony. Our caterer (separate from the venue) has bundled the ceremony chair rental costs into our contract with them, along with linens and stuff like that.

Location (city, state/province): Suburbs of Philadelphia, PA

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Type of Venue (e.g. banquet hall, museum, estate, etc.): Private estate

Rental Fee: $13,400 + $3K refundable security deposit

Total Guest # (at your wedding): 16-20

Things Included in the Rental Fee (e.g. lines, chair covers, votives, etc.): Lodging for 12 for six nights. Like Inanna, nothing else is included
14.gif

Location (city, state/province): Maui, HI

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
mine is a ramada ballroom, theyre pretty nice but also affordable :) nothing TOO fancy but we would be out of our element if it was ya know?

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock

Inanna, your venue sounds gorgeous. Are all of your guests staying at the private estate? That would be my dream wedding...to rent out an estate and have all of my guests stay there overnight. Unfortunately there aren''t too many of these venues available where I''m from
8.gif

Thanks so much sammy! I''m really tempted to post pictures of our venue, but since it is a private residence, I''m worried about security issues and putting too much information on public forums (I will post TONS of pictures after the wedding though).

The estate is housing us, our immediate families, and some of the bridal party (20-22 ppl) for 4 days, but unfortunately not guests. Guests will be staying at a resort down the road. Another venue we considered could have housed twice our number of guests, but it was too pricey and large for our needs... a fellow PS''er did get married there - gorgeous place! (our actual venue has a very similar feel & architecture, just smaller): https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/aceps-pro-photos.84137/

I still absolutely love the picture you posted of your potential venue! BUT, since you say it''s your dream to have your guests stay at the venue for a night, have you looked into renting an estate/boutique hotel/B&B for a night?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Wow Ladies...thanks so much for your replies!!!

First, the venue I found and posted about is in a city that''s about 200 000 ppl and in the area which I grew up (about an hour west of Toronto). My sister called used the term ''unexpected beauty'' when I forwarded her the pics because it''s in a less-than-beautiful, close to downtown area. It''s an old building that''s been renovated with spanish architecture.
30.gif

sunnyd, holymoly lady, you did get lucky! That''s a great price for your venue...especially in a metropolitan city like Seattle. Is parking included since it''s located downtown?
An hour west of Toronto? I spent a year of my life an hour west of TO in Burlington! Cool!

Sadly, no, parking isn''t included, but we''re not covering that. I think my parents are getting a limo for OOT family though.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww...I can''t play since we''re just going to go to a restaurant for dinner after (36--at most-- guests, Vegas)

I will say sammyj that that venue looks beautiful!!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 1:38:12 PM
Author: Inanna

8.gif

Thanks so much sammy! I''m really tempted to post pictures of our venue, but since it is a private residence, I''m worried about security issues and putting too much information on public forums (I will post TONS of pictures after the wedding though).

The estate is housing us, our immediate families, and some of the bridal party (20-22 ppl) for 4 days, but unfortunately not guests. Guests will be staying at a resort down the road. Another venue we considered could have housed twice our number of guests, but it was too pricey and large for our needs... a fellow PS''er did get married there - gorgeous place! (our actual venue has a very similar feel & architecture, just smaller): https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/aceps-pro-photos.84137/

I still absolutely love the picture you posted of your potential venue! BUT, since you say it''s your dream to have your guests stay at the venue for a night, have you looked into renting an estate/boutique hotel/B&B for a night?
Hey Inanna, totally understandable about why you''re hesitant to post pics. Can I ask how you found your venue? Googling? Word of mouth? I have looked into estates, B&Bs and historic homes in my area, but there really isn''t a lot around! Our families are located in one area and we''d like to keep it around there. There is one venue that I would loooove where I would love to have my wedding but it is way out of our budget ($50k for the entire mansion including 52 rooms for 2 nights + $35k catering fee
23.gif
).

I am googling my fingers off, but if you have any tips on keywords or specific ways to search, please let me know.

Oh, and thanks for posting the link to AceP''s (I think that''s her username?) wedding...absolutely stunning! I see what you mean though about it being really large...but WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results