shape
carat
color
clarity

venue help...

slg47

Ideal_Rock
OK so I need some advice...I was planning on going home one weekend to visit venues, since after contacting some venues it seemed like it would be impossible to visit them all Thanksgiving weekend (I am planning the wedding from out of town). So, I e-mailed some venues and asked about their availability Oct. 23 and Oct. 30. I heard back from two venues that Oct. 23rd would work well so I booked flights for that weekend and it seemed like everything was great. The last venue got back to me and the weekend of the 23rd is the only weekend from Oct-Dec that they will not have a wedding coordinator available to give tours! They said I could view the space by myself...

so what should I do? Should I change the flights to the 30th (no change fee) and try to change the other two appointments I have? should I visit by myself? I really would like to see all of the venues on the same weekend so they are more 'fresh' in my mind, and I can really compare them...

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I would just politely email the other two venues and ask if they have availability that second weekend. If they do, great - change the flight! Otherwise, I would just keep the original weekend and walk around the 3rd venue yourself. If you find yourself falling in love with it, and you're not under a time crunch to book, you can see if it is possible stop back in over Thanksgiving.

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
sillyberry said:
I would just politely email the other two venues and ask if they have availability that second weekend. If they do, great - change the flight! Otherwise, I would just keep the original weekend and walk around the 3rd venue yourself. If you find yourself falling in love with it, and you're not under a time crunch to book, you can see if it is possible stop back in over Thanksgiving.

That is great advice! i totally agree. I looked at a few venues by myself and was still able to get a good feel for what it could look like all done up for a wedding. Good luck!

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
go see the space still. Then just write down any questions you have while going through it, and just do a conference call with the sales manager after the fact (or via email). The sales manager will just walk you through the space, tell you how its going to be set up, go over the menu/pricing/answer questions, etc. The most important part, and the part you need to accomplish in person lol, is seeing the venue and making sure you like it. Everything else can be done over the phone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results