shape
carat
color
clarity

Venue Booked for 10.10.10!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

QueenG

Shiny_Rock
We booked our venue for 10.10.10! I know it''s early, but FI liked the date and we loved this place. It''s in Manayunk Philadelphia:

http://www.artesanogallery.com/

We are planning on the ceremony in the downstairs portion (the pics with the white cement floors), the cocktail hour outside, and the reception in the upper gallery (the photos with the hardwood floors). The interior gallery walls are movable so as to open up the space. We are so excited!

Our caterer was also booked. Sage Catering. Our menu is picked out, but I have a feeling we''ll change things up at least a little bit between now and then. (menu can be found here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/whats-for-dinner.108244/page-2 ) We''re planning on stations vs. a seated meal. What are your thoughts on this? The parents aren''t thrilled, but as foodies, we love the idea of people being able to eat whatever they want, as much as they want.

Also, we are thinking of a deep blue, rusty orange, and a lemon yellow for our colors. Any opinions? We are thinking of a more casual affair with candles and limited flowers, mostly sunflowers and gerbera daisies. Possibly a Tuscan theme. Does this work for the fall and for the venue?

And the shoes (in midnight blue):

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446211210&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574492709417&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474399545537&bmUID=1236185883713&ev19=1:56

Thank you to everyone here for all of their advice along the way, especially Octavia who made me aware of our venue and recommended the caterer!

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
That is sooo exciting! Me and my fiance are getting married on 10-10 10 also! In riverside California at The Mission Inn. We don''t get to "officially" book the venue until April 10, 2009 and I am going CRAZY!!! It is so exciting to see another 10-10-10 bride!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, lady, you are soooooooo ahead of the curve! I
30.gif
your venue, particularly the outdoor court for cocktail hour. I think your color combo and Tuscan-style theme will go great with the space. Good for you. It's going to be fantastic.

I am tentatively looking at 10-10-10 too (though I'm also considering all the September weekends) and have not even started ANY of the planning!

ETA: Love your menu, yum (except I might go for the lamb chops instead of the beef hors d' oeuvres). Food stations = great idea, IMO. As a fellow foodie, I really appreciate the choice, and it's more fun and casual.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Look at you... the venue and shoes... TO DIE!

10/10/10

That is the perfect 10!
emotion-5.gif

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on booking such a neat venue! I think a tuscan themed wedding would be perfect in that setting (and for that time of year).

And I''m still drooling over your shoes, I wish heels were an option for me :)

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Cool date! Cooler venue!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
OMG Lioness! I am in
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
with this venue. FI and I just got our contract in the mail for our Center City venue (Top of the Tower) and it was rather.... disappointing. How did you find this place?

I really love the modern look of the gallery! Your reception will be amazing and so very intersting there! If guests tire of dancing they can always roam around and check out the really neat artwork. The outdoor patio looks really neat too.

Would you be terribly bothered if FI and I looked at this place as well? It has really caught my attention.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
awesome - great date! congrats
1.gif

QueenG

Shiny_Rock
Thank you missjaxon, mscushion, tlh, tropiqalkiwi, Diamante Blu, Clairitek, and Brown.Eyed.Girl! The compliments make me even more excited! I have changed the app to lamb, mscushion. I wonder if that''s enough food? The stations are more like small plates.

Clairitek, of course you can go ahead and look at the venue, but I would be so sad if you didn''t go with TotT! I would have had my wedding there if not for the fact that the friend of mine who had hers there would be angry if I "copied". I totally fell in love with it when I was in her wedding several years back. It''s quite elegant, but not gaudy, and the food is excellent. you can see that I''m still in love with it!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 11:16:33 PM
Author: Lioness
I have changed the app to lamb, mscushion. I wonder if that''s enough food? The stations are more like small plates.

Hmmmm...any chance you might be kidding with that question?
3.gif
I think you''ll have plenty of food. I love every station, but I would not be able to get through it all, even if it''s all small plates. And the football players in attendance can just eat their fave plates twice if necessary (but I really don''t think that''ll happen).

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Thank you missjaxon, mscushion, tlh, tropiqalkiwi, Diamante Blu, Clairitek, and Brown.Eyed.Girl! The compliments make me even more excited! I have changed the app to lamb, mscushion. I wonder if that''s enough food? The stations are more like small plates.

Clairitek, of course you can go ahead and look at the venue, but I would be so sad if you didn''t go with TotT! I would have had my wedding there if not for the fact that the friend of mine who had hers there would be angry if I ''copied''. I totally fell in love with it when I was in her wedding several years back. It''s quite elegant, but not gaudy, and the food is excellent. <sigh> you can see that I''m still in love with it!
Thanks Lioness! I am glad that I have your blessing. I do love the view from TotT but I was so disappointed with the quote. We were told that if we didn''t do the stations package and did a buffet instead with a few items selected from the stations that we would lower the cost. We also said we would forego the wedding cake and just have a dessert table (included in their packages). The quote came in at $12 more per peson than the package price but included LESS FOOD!!!!
20.gif
So you can see why I am a little annoyed here and looking for a new venue. I won''t continue this threadjack any longer!

Yay for your wonderful venue and really cool date! I look forward to hearing the rest of your wedding details.

QueenG

Shiny_Rock
Ugh... why must venues do that? You HAVE to push to get what you want! See if they will bring the price down for you, or say you''ll walk. My friend is the master negotiator and got QUITE a deal for a Boston wedding at a top hotel. I''m talking $90 a head a couple of years ago, everything included.

In my case, I think I''m paying more than everyone else I know b/c I chose to pick a location, then find a caterer, rent all of the tables, chairs, linens, tableware, have to find my own cake... the list goes on. It may be more personalized, but in the end, people having weddings at top Philly ballrooms are paying less! But I am happy with what we''ve done so far so I am trying to just forget about it. Keep me posted on your progress, Clairitek!

QueenG

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 12:20:42 AM
Author: mscushion

I have changed the app to lamb, mscushion. I wonder if that''s enough food? The stations are more like small plates.

Hmmmm...any chance you might be kidding with that question?
3.gif
I think you''ll have plenty of food. I love every station, but I would not be able to get through it all, even if it''s all small plates. And the football players in attendance can just eat their fave plates twice if necessary (but I really don''t think that''ll happen).
Ha! No, I wasn''t kidding! I''m Italian, I like food. In reality, we just don''t want the parents to think we underdid the food. The food is the star of the event, so we want to make sure there''s enough. Thanks for reassuring me!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, Lioness, I just saw this and I''m SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!! I''m glad that everything is working out so well. And as much as I love my own venue, I''m still a little jealous of yours...I kinda want two weddings so I could have both
31.gif

I think your color scheme will look great in there, since there are a lot of brick tones and the blue/rust/yellow scheme will look excellent with that. I also went with stations versus a seated meal, and I think it''s perfect for a less formal affair. As long as it''s set up well, I think it will work just fine. I''m actually thinking of asking Sage if it''s possible to do plated salads, though, to have on the table when guests first come into the reception space. That way, they''ll have something to eat while they wait their turns for the hot food from the buffet tables. I don''t know if they''ll go for it, but I''ll let you know what they say if you''re interested in something like that!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I take it Sage is the caterer that you two have both booked? Forgive me if you have written threads about this before, but what other caterers did you two look at? Any to avoid?

FI and I have a 10 am appointment on Saturday to check out that gallery Lioness! I spoke with them and got their rental prices but I have NO IDEA what a caterer should cost.
33.gif
The only venues I have looked at were all inclusive. I also have no idea what linens and chairs will cost either.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Lioness- I just wanted to thank you for bringing my attention to Artesano Gallery. FI and I visited this morning and we loved it! We have a date on hold and are going to find a caterer ASAP! I am so so excited. I hope this works out! Thanks again!!!
9.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
WOW that all looks fantastic, love it congrats on the booking :D

QueenG

Shiny_Rock
I really owe the place to you, Octavia! I think no matter what, you end up liking other places after you book your own, that''s why I only looked at one place and stopped. We both liked it and just went for it. Your venue is beautiful as well! I''ve gone for many walks there, and I think it was important for you to be able to go back to your marriage site for many years to come. The Gallery may end up being a smelly bar 10 years from now! :)

I think your idea about the salads is great! Let me know what they say about that. Even if they don''t go for it, your guests have quite a cocktail hour feast, so they probably won''t be toooo hungry while waiting their turn for the main course.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful! Great date! How exciting!
Your venue is gorgeous!!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Yah Lioness, congratulations on booking your venue! It''s absolutely stunning! I LOVE it!

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
How exciting! As for the stations, my parents were asking FOR them. My dad was especially adament because he likes having more options for less. Some people prefer the whole service thing because they think it''s more formal and classier, but the quality of food can be just as good with more options and fewer interruptions. Besides, I think stations encourage more mingling among the guests because they get up and see different people they know and strike up more conversations.

FI and I chose a buffet and the set-up at our place is going to be quite lovely. I don''t think you have anything to worry about and after your parents attend the reception, I''m sure they''ll see the social benefits of the stations.

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
LioNess, just looked at the pics. AWESOME!!!! It looks like a really cool and lovely place. So excited for you!

QueenG

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 1:47:10 PM
Author: Clairitek
Lioness- I just wanted to thank you for bringing my attention to Artesano Gallery. FI and I visited this morning and we loved it! We have a date on hold and are going to find a caterer ASAP! I am so so excited. I hope this works out! Thanks again!!!
9.gif
I just saw this! What did you think? What date did you pick? What caterers are you looking at? Exciting!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
April 30, 2010
I have a quote in hand from Sage and will do a tasting when FI gets back from his business trip. I am also talking to Uncommon Tastes and I want to get in touch with Peachtree and Ward. I like the fact that Uncommon Tastes is also an event planning company so they own all of their own stuff. I think the cost for our equipment will be less that way. I will have her quote in 1-2 days.

THANKS SO MUCH yet again! I never would have found out about this place if it weren''t for you!

QueenG

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 8:36:41 PM
April 30, 2010
I have a quote in hand from Sage and will do a tasting when FI gets back from his business trip. I am also talking to Uncommon Tastes and I want to get in touch with Peachtree and Ward. I like the fact that Uncommon Tastes is also an event planning company so they own all of their own stuff. I think the cost for our equipment will be less that way. I will have her quote in 1-2 days.

THANKS SO MUCH yet again! I never would have found out about this place if it weren''t for you!
I''m glad everything is coming together for you! Did you already put a menu together through Sage? FYI, Peachtree is a bit expensive. I think they start at $150 a head, probably even more since I spoke with them, but I saw them setting up an event at Artesano and it looked beautiful . You may also want to look into Feastivities. They have great food and look like a lot of fun! I would have gone with them had I not tried Sage''s food first and liked it. Also, I just looked into Uncommon Tastes. They look amazing! I am drooling! Keep us posted!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 12:27:31 AM

Date: 3/10/2009 8:36:41 PM
April 30, 2010

I''m glad everything is coming together for you! Did you already put a menu together through Sage? FYI, Peachtree is a bit expensive. I think they start at $150 a head, probably even more since I spoke with them, but I saw them setting up an event at Artesano and it looked beautiful . You may also want to look into Feastivities. They have great food and look like a lot of fun! I would have gone with them had I not tried Sage''s food first and liked it. Also, I just looked into Uncommon Tastes. They look amazing! I am drooling! Keep us posted!
Thanks for the advice on Peachtree and Ward. I have yet to hear back from them and I left a message 24 hours ago. I won''t be sad if they don''t call me back.
1.gif
I think Feastivities is the other place that Igor recommended when we looked at Artesano. Thanks for reminding me!

We have a menu put together from Sage. It actually looks really similar to what Octavia posted. At least our entrees were the same. Though, now that I''m looking at your menu I really love the sound of the Americana station. I may ask about that pricing as well. Right now we have 9 passed hors d''oeuvres which is about 3 too many in my opinion (we had The Brie, Meditteranean Tapas, and the Garden Crudite as the stationary stuff as well). We are doing to do tasting with them on March 24th so we can make our choices. Uncommon Tastes is doing a tasting at Appleford on March 28th so we will probably go to that if her quote is reasonable.

When we get everything sorted I''ll probably post a thread. We''ve been through so many venue and idea changes that I don''t want to start one until its official! Thanks again!

QueenG

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 8:15:54 PM
Author: pocahontas
Yah Lioness, congratulations on booking your venue! It''s absolutely stunning! I LOVE it!
Thanks Deelight, Sparkalicious, and pocahontas! I''m so excited, I just wish it wasn''t so far away!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to mention how awesome your shoes are when I was posting earlier! I was so mesmerized by Artesano that I didn''t even look until now! Those CLs are totally fabulous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results