Veil Vote 2009!

Which veil do you prefer?

• 2 tier floor length

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 2 layer lace

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
AmberGretchen was so kind as to take these veil photos for me from my visit to the dress shop last weekend after the Bay Area GTG. There are four veils I tried on:

1. 1-tier floor length
2. Double layer floor length
3. Two layer, lace
4. One layer lace

Please tell me what you think. Also, all of these veils are really expensive, so any thoughts on where to get them reproduced for the best value/quality would be appreciated...

RZ

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
First one, back

1 layer cathedral veil 2.jpg

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
First one, side view

1 layer cathedral veil.jpg

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Second veil (double layer)

2 layer cathedral veil 2.jpg

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Second veil (double layer) again

2 layer cathedral veil.jpg

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Third veil (lace trim, 2 layer)

lace trim veil.jpg

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Third veil (lace trim, 2 layer) side

(note, I really don''t like how I look with veils over my shoulders...so I would definitely wear it behind me)

lace trim veil side 2.jpg

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Last one - single layer lace

other lace trim veil.jpg

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I am going to have to vote for the singer layer lace. It is a beautiful compliment to your dress and allows the back to be seen and the lace edge is beautiful. I also think the length works well with your dress. Go with #4!!!

missismene

Shiny_Rock
hi,
i concur with modernsparkler for #4.
i love the lace and it looks really nice with your dress.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RZ: Your dress is georgeous and you look stunning in it! You will be a beautiful bride no matter what veil you choose! I didn't vote because I think the difference between the cathedral length and shorter veils is as much "psychological" (for lack of a better term) as aesthetic -- a question of how you see yourself and how you want your FI and guests to see you -- your vision for your wedding. To me the cathedral length veils are more traditional and dramatic, and the shorter veils are sleeker and more modern even with the lace.

If you go with the cathedral length I like the single layer because it doesn't obscure the back details, and is the more modern of the two long veils. The longer of the two lace-trimmed veils seems to frame the back of your dress rather than hiding the details, so that's my pick of the short veils.

I enjoyed meeting you (however briefly) at the GTG!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Is that second teir a blusher? If so I vote for the two tier fllor length. I went with something similar for my wedding and I think the length really brought a bit more oomph to my dress. I''m not much of a lace veil person.
1.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m torn... because I love the lace trim 2-layer with your dress, texture-wise, but I prefer the longer lengths for the overall look. What about a 2-layer lace floor-length?

I didn''t vote!

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for the 1 layer cathedral, unless the 2nd layer of the 2 layer is used as a blusher.

The 1 layer lace veil, while I like the idea, it just seems to hang there, and doesn''t add much to the look IMHO. I''m not sure if the veil is steamed/starched, but it doesn''t look it''s best to me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know. The first one is just almost too plain. But I agree that it has more to do with your preference than anything else since they all look fine. I'd personally probably go with the one that costs the least! (I voted 1 layer lace, though.)

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for #3...looks great with your dress! As for the reproduction...isnt there a place called Obridal.com where lots of brides have bought from.

I lucked out and bought a veil for 9.00 including s&h just to see how it "looked" with my dress. My bridal attendant said "WOW that looks great! We''ll steam it for free for you!" I didn''t think I''d actually use that veil, but hey...for 9 bucks I can''t say no! And it did look good, lol. Sry for the mini-thread jack!

Kellybell

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/24/2009 4:02:00 PM
Author: musey
I''m torn... because I love the lace trim 2-layer with your dress, texture-wise, but I prefer the longer lengths for the overall look. What about a 2-layer lace floor-length?

I didn''t vote!
I agree completely! I love the look of the floor-length veils, but I love how the lace detailing on the veil ties back to your dress. I know it''s not an option, but I would vote for a floor length, lace trimmed veil.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I liked the single layer lace the best, but I also really liked the single layer floor length. Both of the double layers seemed a bit overwhelming.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I voted for #1 but they all look nice. It was a hard choice though. Part of the reason I chose #1 is because I know you could easily replicate that yourself for almost nothing.
Though, the single layer lace could be pretty easy to make too. You could get your tulle and lace edging from a fabric store and just tack on the lace along the edge.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Seems that everyone is as torn as I am! If it helps, this is the wedding location:

stauffer w runner 2.jpg

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
And this is the reception:

rancho photo2.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the single layer lace! I think that one compliments your dress the best, whereas the others seem to take away from it a little bit. Your dress looks gorgeous, by the way!

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
I love the single layer lade one! The long ones are pretty too, but they seem very formal to me. It definitely depends on the look you''re going for overall. They''re all beautiful, though.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for the floor length single layer one, as I think it allows you to enjoy all the beautiful features of the dress. However, I think that the single layer lace one is goregous as well.

As for where to get veils cheaper, I would ask if you can get the sample for a discount, or also check online too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results