shape
carat
color
clarity

Veil Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies.

I need to place an order for my veil today. I've been delaying it but I really can't wait any longer since my wedding is only 3 weeks away. So I can't make up my mind and I need your opinions. I want lace on the veil. I have 6 different option which is far too many for me to decide between myself. There are three different laces, and I can have the lace either go all the way around the veil (similar to this: http://www.occanseydesigns.com/Gallery3/photogalSPL30.html) or just on the bottom (similar to this: http://www.occanseydesigns.com/Gallery3/photogalSPL21.html). The veil will be chapel length, as is my dress. Here is a picture of the dress. I will attach pictures of the lace next.

In terms of price, having the lace go all the way around is about $85 more than having it just on the bottom. The price of lace one and two is the same, but lace 3 is about $30 less.

sapdressmaybe.jpg

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Lace 1

Attachments

• SSLace1.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 113

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Lace 2

SSLace2.JPG

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a bigger picture of Lace 1

SSLACE1(2).JPG

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Lace 3

10702-01-WH2.JPG

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think you should consider matching whatever lace is on the bodice of the dress. Secondly, I''m thinking lace only on the bottom would be nice and would allow for the dress to "breathe" and "stand on its own" so to speak. You''ve got lovely lace on the bodice, and while I''m not usually a fan of pick ups, the fabric on the skirt is like a confection and all foamy and ethereal and I think a lace edging along the sides of a long veil will take away from both of those key dress elements. But a sheer, single layer cathedral veil, with lace only on the back bottom edge would probably work well.

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
To me, part of it would depend on how close to your face you''re wearing it. If its right next to your cheeks, I might not put scalloped lace on the sides like from #3. If you''re wearing it over your face, would the lace interfere with the design of your dress?

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Surf, thanks for chiming in! I hate pickups too, but I like them on my dress- because there aren''t that many of them (I had some taken out) and also because the fabric is so sheer and romantic. So do you think I should get a cathederal instead of a chapel length? Also, all three of the laces match the dress. Lace 1 and Lace 2 are almost the same, just vary in size. One is tea rose and the other is petite tea rose. The scallop in both of those laces (and also on my dress) is alone in Lace 3- so that would be the thinnest one.

Bensbride- I won''t be wearing it too close to my face. I''ll have it on a comb probably at my crown.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Just at the bottom so it''s not so overpowering.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
sap, I''d do whatever lace looks the same in terms of size and pattern to your bodice. Probably not the trim #3 because I''m thinking that''s not what the dress lace looks like, right?

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Surf, I''m all set on the trim. I just need to know, do you think Chapel length is too short now that the lace is only on the bottom? My dress is chapel length. Should I go cathederal for the veil? Would that look ridiculous with a shorter dress train?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results