shape
carat
color
clarity

vegtables or steak...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 5:02:46 PM
Author: MC
I eat A LOT of meat. Our grocery bill shows it too, as all of the meat is free range/organic and I''m feeding four people! Also, I eat a lot of veggies and fruits as do my kids. They love baby carrots
1.gif
I hear you, MC! We buy all of our meat from a local farm. It''s expensive, but we know that it''s being raised ethically. We have yet to find a grocery store in our area that serves meat that is *really* free range and organic. Whole Foods, Sunset Foods, Garden Fresh, none of them can really tell me where their meat comes from.

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
I''m more veggies than steak. I don''t think I''ve eaten an entire steak in the last 2 years - I usually grab a bite of someone else''s. Seafood and fish though, I''m a maniac for.
18.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
in a veggies vs. steak argument? veggies
in a veggies vs. most other things argument.. other things :)

I hate most red meat and fish/seafood - I will eat chicken, but mostly I don''t crave meat at all and don''t miss it when I don''t eat it

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
I try not to pigeon hole myself.
I love a good steak or ribs
occasionally but we eat a lot of
Japanese and Mexican dishes that
tend to be almost meat free.
We used to do it for budgetary
reasons.
Now we are just used to it.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like steak & veggies. We have been doing at least three vegetarian days per week (latest was aloo ghobi & muttar paneer). The other days are chicken or beef. I LOVE a nice rare/medium rare fillet mignon rubbed in spices and grilled with a nice smokewood.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I'm not a vegetarian, but could eat vegetarian most nights of the week I think. I do adore veggies and unless the meat is especially good, I don't miss it. I usually cook with chicken breasts, but that's mostly to add protein and so DH doesn't rebel. They're cheap and healthy, but not particularly flavorful.

And people are going to think I'm crazy, but I really don't like steak. It's almost always (like 95%+ of the time) tough and bland, even at the best restaurants. A really good steak is fantastic, but I never order them because I'm always disappointed. I think it's more that my personal taste doesn't tend towards red meat, not that the quaity of the steaks I've had is that bad. I much prefer fish/shellfish or pork to red meat.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m more veggies than steak. I detest the taste of steak. I prefer chicken and fish and only eat red meat every so often.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 9:04:56 PM
Author: vc10um
Date: 3/25/2010 4:21:30 PM

Author: Hudson_Hawk

I''m an omnivore. I like a good, thick, bloody steak once in awhile but have also been known to subsist off of quinoa and lentils.

This.

We probably eat red meat once or twice a week...unless I make a big crock pot full of Pot Roast...then we probably eat it for dinner and leftovers at least 3 times each.

The rest of the meals are fish, chicken, or meatless. Tofu stir-fry is one of my fave things to make, served over brown rice. Yummmmmm.
18.gif

V -- how do you make your tofu stir-fry? I used to make this a lot, but I ended up putting so much stir-fry sauce (Kikkoman?) in the pan that I knew I was making something that could be very healthy into something that probably wasn''t.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
I love a good steak or a burger now and then but I am eating them infrequently lately. I don''t do much chicken either b/c it''s pretty tasteless most of the time. I"m shifting to mostly veggies and locally caught seafood (luckily, I live in south Louisiana) b/c I am pretty appalled by the way most of our factory farmed beef, chicken and pork is produced.

When I do buy meat, I am getting it at my local farmer''s market where I can verify it''s origin. It''s pretty expensive but I figure it''s a win/win for me: I''m eating less meat and more veggies and grains so my health benefits.
Fortunately, I love veggies and grains and can eat pretty happily that way.

waxing lyrical

Shiny_Rock
How about seafood and veggies? I''m not a really big meat eater.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been cutting out red meat since before the holidays. I just don''t like the way they are raised and what they are being fed. Who knows what we are eating!!

I''ve cut out chicken and pork as well. I do eat fish, wild, not farmed.

Eat lots of veggies and fresh fruit.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Both! I love steak, though....a nice filet, medium rare with garlic butter seasoning....YUM!

Lori

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tend to eat more vegetarian than anything though I was raised by hearty meat eaters LOL.
In fact I haven't had red meat, chicken, turkey or pork for over 20 years now but occasionally will eat fish though I would prefer not to.

My reason is because I love animals so it is kindness to animals over any health reasons. The only time I will eat fish is when I am invited over to someone's house who doesn't eat the way I do. I would not expect someone to go to the trouble to make a vegetarian meal for me and they know I will eat fish so I do. However that is less than a couple of times a month usually.

There are so many yummy vegetarian recipes that I have even turned my husband into a vegetarian lover and for the most part he eats vegetarian in the house as well. Though he does and will enjoy a steak, chicken or pork.

He has come up with a number of vegetarian recipes himself (he is the chef in the family, not me) that are just scrumptuous.

We love quinoa and black beans, navy beans, chick peas and lentils. Not all together though ;-)
There are just so many wonderful options!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite meal: A good steak with mushrooms & onions, fresh asparagus, and a salad. Yum.

We are total omnivores, though. All kinds of meat, all kinds of veggies (always fresh... except corn. Corn''s just as good in a can, IMO).

Not so big on carbs, though... I always wanna sleep after eating potatoes or pasta. Not that it prevents me from eating carbs, though!
3.gif

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 4:45:45 PM
Author: Matata
I''ve never liked red meat. Only way I''d eat it as a kid was if it was burned until it looked like a charcoal brickette and then buried in mustard & pepper. I''m sick of chicken, eat seafood, but primarily exist on veggies, chocolate & wine.
LOL

This just about describes me to a T!!!

I haven''t eaten red meat or poultry for 20 years because I detest the texture. Explain that!!

Very occasionally I eat seafood. Otherwise it is as described above, veggies, chocolate and wine!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Actually, I''ll take my steak with veggies. Like Outback''s filet, and the steamed veggies on the side.

Or, if I want to be decadent, Ruth Chris''s filet and creamed spinach. OMG.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results